Not your fault if that's how it goes. The second round is washed out. That's how it'd be in our conference championship, if it was a similar situation.
Trying to find a different solution is admirable, and should remove any stain you feel you deserve (which you do not) in "winning" after only one round.
I mean, I get it, your perspective here. But that's the Rules. Congrats, preemptively, on your win, or even if you play and don't win, on a good first round.
If you want to understand what can and cannot be done with marking the course, there are couple of areas within the rules that you should look. First, the Definition of GUR. There is a lot of latitude allowed, GUR is essentially whatever the Committee decides it is, although a few conditions are GUR whether marked or not. Then look at Item 2F under Committee Procedures, marking Abnormal Course Conditions for General Play. There the guidance is to be a little more judicious in what to select as GUR. However, the first sentence might give some justification:
At my home club we have some linear depressions where loose soil has settled along the irrigation lines, but these depressions aren't very deep or sharply defined. I don't believe they should be classified as GUR, and they're not. However, for a deeper drainage swale, as @Double Mocha Mandescribes ("drainage ditches on several holes, 2 feet deep, about 3 feet wide") it may be reasonable to make them GUR.
The fall is the only time of the year that I really miss living "up north". After Labor day the golf courses emptied out and they were usually in the best shape of the year. Cooler weather. I miss that. I used to take a yearly trip to the Gaylord area in Michigan every year (with about 8 guys) in October and play golf all day and then watch football and drink beers all night. Then we all moved somewhere else and got married. That was pretty much then end of that 🤷♂️.
So I need to know how upset I should be. Our club championship "was" 4 weeks ago its a 2 round over 2 day event. We played Saturday and I did ok I shot 76 with a snowman and have a 2 shot lead. Sunday comes and we get rained out which was completely understandable it was a monsoon. But the last 3 weeks the club has not shown they care at all. So much that it has gotten to the point where the owner has essentially told us in the hunt to figure it out ourselves. The greenskeeper is a joke we know even if we do play we know the course will be a disaster. They've aerated the greens, haven't mowed, and we know nothing will be done about leaves (pretty big deal when lost balls are same as OB).
So talking with those of us that are still trying to play (a whopping 4 of us) we're trying to find a solution and I don't like any of them.
#1 wait it out and pray the course is playable. Aerated greens so it's doubtful (since the greenskeeper doesn't know what he's doing) and unsure if/ when that even happens
#2 go to another course and play the final round
#3 call the tournament after the 1 round
Unfortunately option 3 is looking like what is going to happen which I'm going to be super bummed if that is how I win it. What should I do here and if we do decide to cancel the final round how scummy should I feel?