IGNORED

Video Game Thread

Online WGT.  Most of you have probably played it.  HD photography, very realistic golf.  But some of the top golfers there have never picked up a club in their life.  It's all in figuring out the techniques and algorithms. For instance, they know putts break and break faster as they slow down near the hole (given that the break is consistent).  But they've never experienced that in real life.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck with that. Those things bit  rot.

What on Earth did Atari make in 1972? I remember the Atari 2600, I sold mine about 5 years ago on ebay for like 200 bucks. But I had the 1977 edition, which I was pretty sure was the very first editio

I had Pong as well as an Atari 2600. My son has about every gaming system known to humanity, but I still reminisce about Leisure Suit Larry. 

Posted Images

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Online WGT.  Most of you have probably played it.  HD photography, very realistic golf.  But some of the top golfers there have never picked up a club in their life.  It's all in figuring out the techniques and algorithms. For instance, they know putts break and break faster as they slow down near the hole (given that the break is consistent).  But they've never experienced that in real life.

How is this on topic?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 6:42 PM, billchao said:

Just got The Outer Worlds. Pretty excited to play it.

I just finished it. Take your time, while i did enjoy it, i think the replay value might be a low.

1 hour ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

I just finished it. Take your time, while i did enjoy it, i think the replay value might be a low.

I finished that game a couple of weeks ago, then I started a new game on Supernova and it wiped the floor with me a few times, so I kind of gave up on it (thinking ahead to the real challenging parts of the game, if I'm having trouble in regular areas, the endgame is going to be brutal).

I liked it a lot. I wish it was more, but it's definitely a better successor to Fallout: New Vegas than Fallout 4 was. Unfortunately The Outer Worlds won't provide me hundreds of hours of gameplay like F:NV did, but I knew it wouldn't going in. I have a feeling the success of this one will lead to a second, which will probably be grander.

Real shame Half-Life Alyx only will be in VR. I don't have VR, nor plan to buy it anytime soon. Can only hope they'll resume where HL2 left off with a game that's not VR exclusive. Someone on Valve mentioned it wasn't unlikely we'd see more HL in the future if HLA becomes a success.

• 2 months later...

I don’t remember if I’ve ever mentioned Rimworld in this thread before, but I have a ridiculous amount of hours logged into it and I keep going back. Today they released their first official expansion.

shut up and take my money GIF

• 1 month later...

Disappointed in the new Darksiders. Wasn’t really a fan of DSIII with the silly whip and the red headed girl. But IV with the ‘group play’ perspective blows. I get that style is popular but with DS it was always cool to be able to actually see what you’re doing up close ( the fight moves). And the second person perspective was much better. 

I haven’t played a video game in probably 5 -7 years.  Today, because of quarantine, I played Tiger Woods ‘09 on PlayStation 3.  My son has ps4 hooked up to another TV.

I really enjoyed it.Had a 59 on Pebble Beach to start and then 64 on Sawgrass.  Back at it tomorrow maybe!

• 4 weeks later...
golf-2k-preview.jpg

2K studios released a preview for Golf 2K, with more details to follow on May 14.

nice!! Still playing a lot of hours if COD warzone right now though.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn that’s cool. I remember so well getting the Atari 2600. Epic moment from childhood. I remember having my mom type in the programs for games like ‘Camel’ from the Atari 800. We finally convinced dad to buy a disk driver so we could save games to a disk and not have to type them after turning off the console. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Strandly said:

Steam's summer sale started today.

uh oh, lol. I have been playing Rust again recently, and Rocket League. I'm sure I will end up buying a few games (that I will probably never play) during the sale. I always do.

On 2/24/2020 at 8:26 PM, billchao said:

I don’t remember if I’ve ever mentioned Rimworld in this thread before, but I have a ridiculous amount of hours logged into it and I keep going back. Today they released their first official expansion.

shut up and take my money GIF

Never heard of this till you mentioned it. The bags under my eyes are your fault.

• nevets88 changed the title to Video Game Thread