IGNORED

Video Game Thread

cipher

Finished Disco Elysium, even though it was mostly text, the artwork was amazing, a great RPG, the writing and story and narrative was very good. Lucky I got in late and got to play the version with all the audio first.

Started Red Dead Redemption 2 and did not expect to get hooked on FIFA 21, but it's fun learning the skill moves, finishing out the tutorials, there are a lot of them. Tried Squadrons, not crazy and about the game play.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3000.jpeg

DALLAS (AP) — An unopened copy of Nintendo’s Super Mario 64 has sold at auction for $1.56 million. Heritage Auctions in Dallas said that the 1996 game sold Sunday, breaking its previous record price for the sale of a...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instructor Development, 5 Simple Keys®/Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins • Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 • "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 • Penn-State Behrend Head Coach • • • • • • • • • • :aimpoint: :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | 5SK.com | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, iacas said:
3000.jpeg

DALLAS (AP) — An unopened copy of Nintendo’s Super Mario 64 has sold at auction for $1.56 million. Heritage Auctions in Dallas said that the 1996 game sold Sunday, breaking its previous...

For people with too much money! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Looking like MSFS will take up 100GB on Xbox. That's actually not too bad, although a lot of space by game standards.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished Red Dead Redemption 2. Some sleep deprivation happened there. Quite a massive game.

Steve

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

I finished Red Dead Redemption 2. Some sleep deprivation happened there. Quite a massive game.

I only played the first. Heard 2 is quite the game as well. Did you enjoy it? 

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

I only played the first. Heard 2 is quite the game as well. Did you enjoy it? 

I really want to play RDR1 now. RDR2, it's a mixed bag. I did enjoy it but I understand why others didn't. The interface is very balky (accidentally shot friendlies, more than once) and a lot of maintenance tasks, but its highs are quite something. The story does drag, but is a rollercoaster. As has been mentioned, the realism is unparalleled, you stand on a train bridge and you'll hear it creaking. The backdrops are beautiful, even only in 30fps, I think I was playing in 4K (Playstation 5). The hunting is very realistic. I had a hankering to experience the west in the late 19th century and this it did fully. It is a major time suck though, even if you're ignoring all the sidequests.

Steve

Before reading this in full, I thought for a second there you could play the new game with actual swings measured by TM. It's just feeding the EA Sports course data.

TrackMan-is-in-the-game.jpg?w=640

TrackMan will play a key part in EA SPORTS™ PGA TOUR™ – A next-gen golf video game set to launch in Spring 2022. TrackMan, the Danish...

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 3 months later...

Finally played Ghost of Tsushima, got to the end credits and almost done with DLC. What a game. It really makes you feel like a master samurai and the story is good. 

Next up is Spider-Man. 

The Velocopter in MSFS was a little disappointing. It’s really slow. Waiting for a proper helicopter. 

Steve

• 1 month later...

Finished Spider-Man and Miles Morales. What fun games. The web slinging through the city lives up to the hype as well as knowing what it's like to have the powers of Spider-Man and the fights never got old. The story for S-M and MM were both very good and they got a lot of details of Manhattan right, although the map was off.

Almost finished with God of War and did not expect it to be so good. Having your son along the whole way enhances the story so much.

Next up will be Death Stranding and then Bloodborne probably. Going through the Playstation exclusives.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Tried Walkabout Mini Golf on Oculus Quest and really liked it. It is Putt-putt with all the obstacles, etc but the putting stroke feels very real.

The game is a riot and I suggest it for any VR gamers out there.

ps: I know it is no longer “Oculus” but I really hate calling if “Meta Quest”.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 4 weeks later...

Yep 

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Yep 

I thought about getting Elden Ring briefly, then I realized I’m not prepared to buy a new TV for when I eventually throw my controller into it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

I thought about getting Elden Ring briefly, then I realized I’m not prepared to buy a new TV for when I eventually throw my controller into it.

Lol. I finished Dark Souls so I knew what I was getting into. It’s not as punishing as Dark Souls was but I hear the end game is frustrating. 

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Lol. I finished Dark Souls so I knew what I was getting into. It’s not as punishing as Dark Souls was but I hear the end game is frustrating. 

Last souls game I played was DS 2. The last From Software game I played was Bloodborne which I did not like at all. IIRC I  stopped playing after Father Gascoigne.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread