IGNORED

Video Game Thread

They opened up Hard Core Domination in Blk Ops III yesterday.  Thats my best mode.  I play better by a factor of 2+.

On other games news front, I finally got the Black Spindle in Destiny last night ... and I figured out how to exit the damn armor suit in Fallout4 :)  Not sure how you completes a mission in Fallout4 ... every time I start out on one, I discover something new and off I go ... 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck with that. Those things bit  rot.

What on Earth did Atari make in 1972? I remember the Atari 2600, I sold mine about 5 years ago on ebay for like 200 bucks. But I had the 1977 edition, which I was pretty sure was the very first editio

I had Pong as well as an Atari 2600. My son has about every gaming system known to humanity, but I still reminisce about Leisure Suit Larry. 

Posted Images

Has anyone actually played the Battlefront Star Wars game?

My bruv just got that one as an early Xmas gift from a friend. He's still ass-deep in Fallout 4, but the friend is all over him about playing it.

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

My bruv just got that one as an early Xmas gift from a friend. He's still ass-deep in Fallout 4, but the friend is all over him about playing it.

I have. It's pretty good. I wish there was a traditional campaign mode in addition to what they already have, and all of the DLC makes me wonder what the upfront $60 was really for, but the game that's actually there is fun, and well-done.

9 hours ago, jamo said:

I wish there was a traditional campaign mode in addition to what they already have

This is the primary reason I didn't get the game.

9 hours ago, jamo said:

all of the DLC makes me wonder what the upfront $60 was really for

Unfortunately this has become the new industry standard.

• 3 weeks later...

So @jamo how is Destiny still holding up? I just bought the Taken King (LE Edition) and going to give it a try. 

It looks like Sony is going to release a VR headset sometime in 2016. Just curious if any of you are excited about it. I can see it becoming pretty big in FPS games and RPG's. I know it's on another console, but Zelda in VR would be stunning. 

On 12/15/2015 at 9:24 PM, billchao said:

This is the primary reason I didn't get the game.

Unfortunately this has become the new industry standard.

NSFW - language

On 12/14/2015 at 0:19 PM, jamo said:

I have. It's pretty good. I wish there was a traditional campaign mode in addition to what they already have, and all of the DLC makes me wonder what the upfront $60 was really for, but the game that's actually there is fun, and well-done.

I can see that. Especially when there are other games out there that basically are less than $60 or at $60 and offer a full game experience. I am not sure how intensive the single player game is. As long as that DLC is as extensive as the game itself if they are going to charge $60 for it. At least that way it's like buying a whole 2nd game that is fun to play. 

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

So @jamo how is Destiny still holding up? I just bought the Taken King (LE Edition) and going to give it a try. 

Interested to hear @jamo comments on Destiny, but I am still playing and enjoying the game.  However, I created a second account, and I am in the process of leveling that account up. 

I am giving the Iron Banner a go this time around. I was never was big on the PvP aspect of this game.

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

It looks like Sony is going to release a VR headset sometime in 2016. Just curious if any of you are excited about it. I can see it becoming pretty big in FPS games and RPG's. I know it's on another console, but Zelda in VR would be stunning. 

I haven't played it in months. Just haven't had the time, but from what I played while I still was, they fixed a lot of the problems, and added a good deal of content. It just sort of stopped being a priority for me, but I have a bunch of friends who still play all the time.

I do kind of miss the Crota days of a year ago. Everything was simpler. :-)

A friend of mine asked me to check my Steam account for some reason a few days ago.  He was surprised to learn that my library on Steam has exactly one game in it:  X-Com Apocalypse.  I wish I had the time for another play through of it;  that game was fun.  I also have the reboot on my shelf, and have had it there for about two and a half years, yet to be played.

On 12/14/2015 at 11:09 AM, mcanadiens said:

I have not, but my kids love it.  Not sure I personally would fork out the money just to play a game online, would need to have a single player game in order for me to want to play it.

Just created my Destiny player. Loving the game so far. Not sure if I want to use the Taken King 25 level jump or maybe get one character to 25 normally then make another and jump him to 25.

I have Battlefront but have not really delved into it.

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Just created my Destiny player. Loving the game so far. Not sure if I want to use the Taken King 25 level jump or maybe get one character to 25 normally then make another and jump him to 25.

The missions are probably worth playing. I'd take one player up manually first, and then use the jump for your second. 

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Using the light level jump will save over 12 hours of game play time, but I ave always leveled up the from the start.  

It depends on what you want to do in the game.  If it is just to play the story mode, then start from the beginning in my opinion.

Let me know if you would like any help.  I play just about every evening and would more than happy to assist.

1 hour ago, jamo said:

The missions are probably worth playing. I'd take one player up manually first, and then use the jump for your second. 

Crap I just thought of something. Though I have not used it I did receive it from the postmaster on my character. I am not sure I can transfer that item to a different character. oops :) 

On 12/14/2015 at 9:09 AM, mcanadiens said:

I have it, and I enjoy it. It's pretty much Battlefield that has be reskinned for Star Wars, but it's well done regardless. There is single player content, even if there is no campaign, in the form of individual (i.e. not continuous) missions that you can play alone or in co-op mode.

On 1/5/2016 at 8:18 AM, jsgolfer said:

I finally broke down and bought a PS4 after Christmas and just started playing Fallout 4, what an awesome game.  Good lord, the time just flies as you're playing this game.

I lost 50 hours into that game in about a week until finals started to creep up on me. Bethesda manages to make even wandering around feel rewarding.

49 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Crap I just thought of something. Though I have not used it I did receive it from the postmaster on my character. I am not sure I can transfer that item to a different character. oops :) 

I believe you can put it in the vault, and let another character get it out.  What character did you pick, warlock, titan, or a hunter?

• nevets88 changed the title to Video Game Thread