IGNORED

Video Game Thread

1 minute ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Never heard of this till you mentioned it. The bags under my eyes are your fault.

Just wait until you get bored of the base game and get into mods.

I can't play the base game anymore.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck with that. Those things bit  rot.

What on Earth did Atari make in 1972? I remember the Atari 2600, I sold mine about 5 years ago on ebay for like 200 bucks. But I had the 1977 edition, which I was pretty sure was the very first editio

I had Pong as well as an Atari 2600. My son has about every gaming system known to humanity, but I still reminisce about Leisure Suit Larry. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, billchao said:

Just wait until you get bored of the base game and get into mods.

I can't play the base game anymore.

I try and get a feel of vanilla, then add mods. Have 300+ on Skyrim. 

• 2 months later...

I watched a Witcher 3 let's play and wound up getting the game for the Switch. Even with the graphics not up to snuff compared to a PC, it's still not bad and the story and characters were what drew me to the game in the first place. A bit more complicated than Breath of the Wild, in terms of equipment and magic and all that. So many quests.

Watched Skyrim and Last of Us let's plays as well, but didn't feel the need to want to play them.

• 5 months later...

Got lucky and only on second try with one browser window, got a PS5 via Playstation Direct. Guess I'm a gamer now, lol.

Any gamers here?

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Got lucky and only on second try with one browser window, got a PS5 via Playstation Direct. Guess I'm a gamer now, lol.

Any gamers here?

I've been a borderline gamer in the past but simply not enough time anymore.  I've backed off in the past few years and my last addiction was with Call of Duty-World at War several years back.  I loved the Zombies!  I have had multiple consoles over the years but stopped upgrading after my xBox 360.  I still have my PS1 and PS3.  My old Atari (circa 1972) disappeared while I was in college, I'm guessing my parents sold it at a garage sale.  I really wish I had that now.  Growing up when I did during the PC revolution I also played many PC games.  I particularly liked the games where you had to solve clues.  One of my favorites was Myst.  OK, I am pretty sure I've dated myself with this post. 

I am glutton for punishment and currently in the middle of playing Dark Souls, known for its difficulty. It's... a lot, lol. On the Switch. May get to Demon's Souls on the PS. If there's anyone on here who can help me out with a boss eventually, that would be awesome.

3 hours ago, StuM said:

I've been a borderline gamer in the past but simply not enough time anymore.  I've backed off in the past few years and my last addiction was with Call of Duty-World at War several years back.  I loved the Zombies!  I have had multiple consoles over the years but stopped upgrading after my xBox 360.  I still have my PS1 and PS3.  My old Atari (circa 1972) disappeared while I was in college, I'm guessing my parents sold it at a garage sale.  I really wish I had that now.  Growing up when I did during the PC revolution I also played many PC games.  I particularly liked the games where you had to solve clues.  One of my favorites was Myst.  OK, I am pretty sure I've dated myself with this post. 

Myst was awesome.

The storytelling in the best rated games now is really quite something. AAA and indie.

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I probably wont get a PS5 till next year

This is my first ever Playstation. An old dog can learn new tricks!

I am going to make an odd confession.  My wife and I have kept all of our older PCs and consoles so we can replay the games sometime in the future.  We have an old 386, I think late 80s or early 90s, with floppy disk drives and a CRT Monitor.  Hopefully the floppy disks have not deteriorated.  Some of the games can be found on updated media but not all of them.  We hope to enjoy them a 2nd time after we are no longer able to travel or play golf.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Any gamers here?

Nice! I’ve had a PS5 in my cart several times only to be hijacked by a bot. My boys have one but wanted one for myself as well. They’re 10 and 14 so....yeah...they certainly wouldn’t call me a ‘gamer’ despite my self proclaimed title.

2 hours ago, StuM said:

My old Atari (circa 1972) disappeared while I was in college, 

What on Earth did Atari make in 1972? I remember the Atari 2600, I sold mine about 5 years ago on ebay for like 200 bucks. But I had the 1977 edition, which I was pretty sure was the very first edition of the 2600. I thought that was Atari's first console. I have no idea what they would have made in 1972? Maybe a Pong Console? I had one of those from back in the early 70's but I didn't think it was Atari brand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StuM said:

My wife and I have kept all of our older PCs and consoles so we can replay the games sometime in the future. 

You guys are awesome. I threw away everything, although I am still a gamer. Recently my wife and I started playing Beat Saber VR on the PS4 Pro. We are in the process of remodeling one of our rooms to a PC/console gaming room.

I used to collect the Nintendo Game & Watch rare models and impulsively decided to sell every handheld and bought a new golf set with it.

These days I am trying a couple of PSVR games, although I mostly play on my PC (Steam).

23 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

What on Earth did Atari make in 1972? I remember the Atari 2600, I sold mine about 5 years ago on ebay for like 200 bucks. But I had the 1977 edition, which I was pretty sure was the very first edition of the 2600. I thought that was Atari's first console. I have no idea what they would have made in 1972? Maybe a Pong Console? I had one of those from back in the early 70's but I didn't think it was Atari brand. 

I was wrong with the 1972.  It was "Pong" and I just checked wikipedia and 1972 was the Arcade version, the home version was later, so it could have been the 2600 like you mentioned.  I remember playing Pong until our eyes hurt.

32 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I had Pong as well as an Atari 2600. My son has about every gaming system known to humanity, but I still reminisce about Leisure Suit Larry. 

• Funny 1

• nevets88 changed the title to Video Game Thread
3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

My friend has been trying to buy one since release with no luck.

Just now, billchao said:

My friend has been trying to buy one since release with no luck.

I know that I got incredibly lucky. I think whispering under my breath, this is stupid, I'm never gonna get one helped, lol.