IGNORED

Video Game Thread

18 minutes ago, billchao said:

Dark Souls, like golf, is a game where frustration can be easily summed up with, "That's Dark Souls."

Yep, exactly. Lol. 

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck with that. Those things bit  rot.

What on Earth did Atari make in 1972? I remember the Atari 2600, I sold mine about 5 years ago on ebay for like 200 bucks. But I had the 1977 edition, which I was pretty sure was the very first editio

I had Pong as well as an Atari 2600. My son has about every gaming system known to humanity, but I still reminisce about Leisure Suit Larry. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Yep, exactly. Lol. 

I stopped playing games like Dark Souls. Games are supposed to be fun, not make me want to throw my controller through my TV.

That's what makes it fun for me. Struggling with something then overcoming it. I get quite bored with easy games that provide little challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

That's what makes it fun for me. Struggling with something then overcoming it. I get quite bored with easy games that provide little challenge.

I used to be that way. Now that my free time is more limited I have to be more selective in how I spend it, so I don’t enjoy video games the way I used to.

35 minutes ago, billchao said:

I used to be that way. Now that my free time is more limited I have to be more selective in how I spend it, so I don’t enjoy video games the way I used to.

Ya...I feel ya on that one and am much the same way.

I normally find a game every 1.5- 2 years and binge through it.

13 hours ago, billchao said:

I stopped playing games like Dark Souls. Games are supposed to be fun, not make me want to throw my controller through my TV.

Wow, that exactly describes my experience. I've never cursed so much in my life. In fairness though, the bosses are pretty imaginative.

2 hours ago, billchao said:

I guess having just started playing videogames, still in honeymoon phase and still a novelty to me.

I am certainly more selective these days. I’ve accumulated a lot of games on Steam over the years and some of them I quickly dismisses as not interesting or fun enough.

I often play in bursts. When RDR2 came out I played...a lot. We had a baby not long after it came out, so I put some hours in it while waiting for her to wake up from a nap. I thinkmy second playthrough (because reasons) endes up with more than 7 days of playtime. That’s more than 7x24 hours. Not many games get that treatment anymore.

I probably got over 1000 hours on Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls trilogy, Bloodborne and Sekiro combined. When I first got the taste, it became so much fun. Looking forward to Elden Ring, their next game.

18 minutes ago, Zeph said:

I am certainly more selective these days. I’ve accumulated a lot of games on Steam over the years and some of them I quickly dismisses as not interesting or fun enough.

I often play in bursts. When RDR2 came out I played...a lot. We had a baby not long after it came out, so I put some hours in it while waiting for her to wake up from a nap. I thinkmy second playthrough (because reasons) endes up with more than 7 days of playtime. That’s more than 7x24 hours. Not many games get that treatment anymore.

I probably got over 1000 hours on Demon’s Souls, Dark Souls trilogy, Bloodborne and Sekiro combined. When I first got the taste, it became so much fun. Looking forward to Elden Ring, their next game.

I just started playing RDR2, lol. Looks like a great story and a way to be in the middle of a western.

I think I'll eventually try Bloodborne as it's free on PS+.

I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne, primarily. Potential GOAT for me.

3 minutes ago, Zeph said:

I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne, primarily. Potential GOAT for me.

Well then I'll definitely try it. I played Dark Souls on a Switch. Looking forward to the better graphics and speed on a PS5 for Bloodborne.

I could not stand the combat in those games. If you don't have a light weapon, it feels like the game lags so much. I just know its the combat design. I am so used to more responsive, unrealistic combat systems 😉

I loved all the Abe’s Odyssey games. Rescuing all the Mudokans with zero fatalities was pretty challenging for me. I’m looking forward to the new one on PS5.

Just now, Vinsk said:

I loved all the Abe’s Odyssey games. Rescuing all the Mudokans with zero fatalities was pretty challenging for me. I’m looking forward to the new one on PS5.

Not often I hear Oddworld mentioned on forums, so I had to reply to this.

I love these games and some of my best childhood gaming memories are rescuing all of them with a friend on PS1. Some of the later games didn’t excite me much (Munch, Stranger), but the first two are awesome. I got the remake on Steam and on my to-do list. Looking forward to the first new game in the original style since Exoddus; Soulstorm.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started using the PS5 I got, took a break for a bit. Bought a whole bunch of games on sale. Red Dead Redemption 2. Ghosts of Tsushima, Hollow Knight, Spiderman. As part of PS+, I got Control. Also Subnautica and Horizon Zero Dawn were free.

Started playing Control, first game that involves shooting a gun for me. Never really liked first person shooters although technically Control is a third person shooter, but the story and ambiance is great. Lost vibes. Really suck at aiming a gun though. The graphics on the PS5 is an improvement over the Switch obviously, but not that much a stickler for super high def high framerate specs. There are a lot of cool sequences in the game and you get to do some badass things. But really looking forward to starting Horizon Zero Dawn once Control is done.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve almost completed the main game of Hollow Knight. An incredible game that I knew nothing about before playing. It’s a Metroidvania like game and quite extensive. It feels like the Soulsborne of platformers.

Somewhat in the vein of the Ori games, but more extensive and challenging. It’s not as difficult as games like Wings og Vi, Boshy and Roah, but takes some precise controlling. You can become a bit OP by collecting and upgrading, which makes it more manageable, not too different from Soulsborne.

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

I’ve almost completed the main game of Hollow Knight. An incredible game that I knew nothing about before playing. It’s a Metroidvania like game and quite extensive. It feels like the Soulsborne of platformers.

Somewhat in the vein of the Ori games, but more extensive and challenging. It’s not as difficult as games like Wings og Vi, Boshy and Roah, but takes some precise controlling. You can become a bit OP by collecting and upgrading, which makes it more manageable, not too different from Soulsborne.

I bought this when it was on sale for the PS5, but haven't gotten to it yet. I heard the final boss is really hard. Also have Ori and the Blind Forest on the Switch.

Currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn right now and it is awesome. The graphics is amazing as is the combat with the dinobots. The story is riveting, but I keep getting distracted by side quests and not getting on with the main quest.

I hope this is true. I loved nba street vol. 2 and nfl street back in the day. Still have the former on ps2 and played it some last year. There are some modders out there that have been able to take both of these games and import updated rosters somehow. 

I have restarted breath of the wild. Really enjoying that game again.

I am also waiting for the next final fantasy to come out. It is being developed by the guy who did FF14, which is my 2nd favorite FF besides FF9. FF10 is also really good. I like that more high fantasy mix with steam punk style than the Final Fantasy 7, which is more dystopian steam punk (more tech, less fantasy). Same with FF8, less fantasy and more tech. Though, FF8 was really enjoyable as well.

• Like 1