IGNORED

Video Game Thread

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I have restarted breath of the wild. Really enjoying that game again.

I am also waiting for the next final fantasy to come out. It is being developed by the guy who did FF14, which is my 2nd favorite FF besides FF9. FF10 is also really good. I like that more high fantasy mix with steam punk style than the Final Fantasy 7, which is more dystopian steam punk (more tech, less fantasy). Same with FF8, less fantasy and more tech. Though, FF8 was really enjoyable as well.

Well said. My favorites, in no particular order are: 7, 8, 9, 10, and tactics. 

I’ve got 7, 8, and 9 on my iPhone. I’d love to see 10 finally make it to iOS. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck with that. Those things bit  rot.

What on Earth did Atari make in 1972? I remember the Atari 2600, I sold mine about 5 years ago on ebay for like 200 bucks. But I had the 1977 edition, which I was pretty sure was the very first editio

I had Pong as well as an Atari 2600. My son has about every gaming system known to humanity, but I still reminisce about Leisure Suit Larry. 

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Though, FF8 was really enjoyable as well.

That’s the only one I didn’t finish when I was younger. Played 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, and 10. I disliked Squall so much, when he got shot or impaled or whatever at the end of disc 1, I stopped playing and pretended he died. Game Over 😃

I picked up Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Never played ME1, so that was new for me. I’m already on ME2 with my current Shepard.

10 minutes ago, billchao said:

I disliked Squall so much, when he got shot or impaled or whatever at the end of disc 1, I stopped playing and pretended he died. Game Over 😃

That is fair. He wasn't that good of a main character. I always enjoy gameplay and world building over character plots. Its the reason why I hate dark soul series. I can't stand the gameplay. The combat feels way to clunky. 

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

That’s the only one I didn’t finish when I was younger. Played 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, and 10. I disliked Squall so much, when he got shot or impaled or whatever at the end of disc 1, I stopped playing and pretended he died. Game Over 😃

I picked up Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Never played ME1, so that was new for me. I’m already on ME2 with my current Shepard.

Squall is awesome. He’s an ISTJ. Some may like him or not, but I was pretty fond of him. I liked how introspective and honest he was. 

38 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Anyone getting Mario Golf next month? 

Guess I am buying a switch now...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a SNES Mini game system with games preloaded on it for me and the kids. I think it’ll be cool. My son has been collecting the super Mario lego stuff, and we thought a simple video game system would be cool to play too. 

I fired up some Darksiders 2. Built some serious Scythes with 75% critical chance and 80% critical damage and 65% health steal. Also made a secondary weapon with arm blades carrying a whopping 173% health steal. Fun to coast through The Crucible!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ncates00 said:

Relive one of the most celebrated Final Fantasy games in cartoon form

@saevel25 and @billchao

I saw that, I wish it was more tailored towards older teens than kids. It might be more as a cartoon style over an anime style. I will probably check it out. 

FFIX is my 2nd favorite FF games I have played. 

1. FFXII
2. FFIX
3. FFX
4. FFVII Remake
5. FFXV
6. FFVII
7. FFVIII

I just like FFXII for the combat system, and the characters. I think it is overlooked in the FF series. It wasn't ground breaking, but just very good. I enjoyed playing that series the most. 

I never understood why FF is so popular. I think I have the 7 remake in my PS library as part of PS+. I've been meaning to try it.

Tried Squadrons since it's the latest monthly game on PS+ and flying a TIE fighter is hard, only played for 20 minutes though.

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I never understood why FF is so popular. I think I have the 7 remake in my PS library as part of PS+. I've been meaning to try it.

Tried Squadrons since it's the latest monthly game on PS+ and flying a TIE fighter is hard, only played for 20 minutes though.

It depends on the Final Fantasy you play. 

FF15 combat system is not my favorite. It's way to flashy and less turn based feel to it. 

FF12 combat system was great. You had complete ability to customize any of the characters. With the gambit system, you can basically program out combat based on IF Then type scenarios. Then you can actually play hands free if you want to try. 

I like FF because you get to upgrade the characters. A good number of characters have a good story arc. The plot is usually good. Its very cinematic. 

They can be linear, but they are fun. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

They're good games, if you like classic RPG's. I did when I was a kid. I loved FF, Pokemon, Legend of Dragoon, Suikoden, Dragon Quest, and several others when I was growing up. The gameplay used to be classic RPG stuff with some cool, at the time, graphics. Great stories and character development as well. You come to really like and attach to the characters. Some of them are more medieval in nature, while others are more futuristic. I like both settings to be honest. The games are definitely more linear/on the rails, but many of them have several optional side quests. 

It's hard for me to rank them because I like a lot of them in different ways. Although, admittedly I'm not really a fan of the games after 10. Maybe part of that is my life getting busier post-10 or maybe I just grew out of them. However, 7-10 are probably my favorites, but I also really enjoyed 4, 6, and TACTICS.

I have not played 7R. I don't play to do so. The game looks cool, but I'm not a fan of the big changes they made to the game's storyline. Maybe that's just the nostalgia kicking in, but I like for things to stay pretty much in line with traditional canon, but I also get that they want to bring in new audiences and not just make the same game, too. I do like how beautiful it looks and how the gameplay looks though. The gameplay sort of reminds me of an update of Dragon Age or KOTOR even.

I'd like to hear @saevel25's take, if he'd like to share, on 7R. You seem like a FF "old head" lover of the old games (especially given your love of 9--one of my all-time faves) who came to enjoy 7R, so maybe you can convince me to give it a shot.

I may have said this previously, but I have 7, 8, and 9 on my phone. Here's hoping 10 finally makes it to iOS one day.

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

1. FFXII

I'm very surprised by this. But there are fans of this game for some reason haha

I'm also excited to see the Diablo 2 remaster when it comes out. Definitely spent a lot of time on D1 and D2, as well as Warcraft and Starcraft, back in the day.

5 hours ago, ncates00 said:

Relive one of the most celebrated Final Fantasy games in cartoon form

@saevel25 and @billchao

Cool. I’ll probably watch it with my kids.

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

FFIX is my 2nd favorite FF games I have played. 

1. FFXII
2. FFIX
3. FFX
4. FFVII Remake
5. FFXV
6. FFVII
7. FFVIII

For me, it’s 6, 9, 10, 7. After that I don’t care too much about ranking them.

I have never played 12. I played 11 for a good while, then after that I was pretty much done with FF games.

• Thanks 1

I got an Xbox! The X, not the less powerful one, the S. Waited for the button to become enabled about 15 minutes after being notified of the retailer drop by a Twitter account. Now I'm ready for MSFS, which I think is on Gamepass? It's quite a mess behind the tv with all the cables, now with a PS5, Switch, ATV, 4K player, receiver and HDMI hub. It's going to be a real big mess with the Xbox now.

Started playing Disco Elyisum on the PS. Trippy experience so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Catching up with video games sports edition. Already did golf, which I kind of was disappointed in. It was fun but the graphics I thought were a letdown and making you feel a real swing and course conditions, it felt lacking. 

Armed with Gamepass ($1 for 3 months is a deal), tried The Show 21 and FIFA 2021. Both do a better job of immersing you into the game, couldn’t believe the number controller combos for football. Will eventually try basketball and then cricket. 

Pitching in The Show is my favorite bit. Love deciding which pitch to pick, where to place it. All the different deliveries of the pitchers. And it has every ballpark. 

I don’t know the tactics or strategy of football as well as baseball, but I’m guessing FIFA will help a lot in that regard. It has set plays, which I’m really interested in getting to, still struggling to get the basics of the game under control. Working on 2-2 scrimmages.