IGNORED

PXG 0211 Driver - Just Say No?

Zippo

10 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Ahh, ok.

Paging @saevel25... 😁

So then overall you'd say good purchase then?

It was a good one for me but, as they say, past performance is no indication of future performance and your mileage may vary...

On 7/11/2022 at 11:26 AM, saevel25 said:

0811 X+ is a good driver. I wouldn't say I gained significant yardage with this driver. It was mostly the fitting process and getting the right golf shaft and clubhead combination. 

Really, unless a driver is on the absolute higher spin end or the lower spin end of the spectrum, then they are all close enough that you just need to get fitted and see what works best for your price point. 

Yeah, i just think that with my driver being roughly 7 years old that it makes sense to upgrade and if i can get a 0211 or 0811 X+ and have it be similar quality to the new Titleist driver coming out that will cost me twice as much (I have a credit at the country where i bought my irons) then it seems foolish to spend the extra money just for the name.

20 hours ago, Zippo said:

It was a good one for me but, as they say, past performance is no indication of future performance and your mileage may vary...

Yeah, but if the feedback overall is good then I'll feel confident that it's good equipment and it'll lessen the chance I'll have buyers remorse.

• Informative 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, RFKFREAK said:

Yeah, i just think that with my driver being roughly 7 years old that it makes sense to upgrade and if i can get a 0211 or 0811 X+ and have it be similar quality to the new Titleist driver coming out that will cost me twice as much (I have a credit at the country where i bought my irons) then it seems foolish to spend the extra money just for the name.

Yeah, but if the feedback overall is good then I'll feel confident that it's good equipment and it'll lessen the chance I'll have buyers remorse.

I have been playing a 2009 Burner with a regular shaft since 2009. I have needed a new driver for years, but it has been a matter of cost. 

I have filled out and almost ordered the PXG 0211 with a stiff shaft at least 2 or 3 times.  While it is $299, I got cold feet and canceled the order 2 or 3 times.

But after reading through this, I may have to finally make that purchase!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

15 hours ago, Elmer said:

I have been playing a 2009 Burner with a regular shaft since 2009. I have needed a new driver for years, but it has been a matter of cost. 

I have filled out and almost ordered the PXG 0211 with a stiff shaft at least 2 or 3 times.  While it is $299, I got cold feet and canceled the order 2 or 3 times.

But after reading through this, I may have to finally make that purchase!

The 0211 driver is on sale for $229. The Gen 5 is $299 with free shipping until Labor Day.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:21 PM, Zippo said:

Sheesh! I'm looking for y'all to talk me out of it! Too late now. Just placed the order. Should be here within a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to banging some golf balls with it.

It's a bit strange that they can sell this driver for $245.00 US (got $5.00 off for calling them to place the order). Gave them a chance to try and sell me more clubs and a hat or towel. 🙂 Anyway, I got it with the "Regular flex" Project X EvenFlo CB 60g shaft. I asked him if I decided I wanted a 50g shaft instead, later, could I buy just a shaft from PXG. He laughed and said "Yes" but it would be like $200 for just the shaft. With that logic I'm only paying $45 for the PXG driver head? Weird. 

Okay, I'm late to the party here. But, as you know, if you ever tried to build your car by buying the parts from the dealership's parts department it would cost like $3.5 million. 🤪

On 7/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, RFKFREAK said:

They have a 60 Day no questions asked refund guarantee. Personally, I've been more than impressed by their customer service, so I might not worry about the buyers' remorse thing. 

BTW - I have a PXG 0341 XF GEN4 3-wood. I've mentioned it in other threads. One day you'll have to pry that thing from my cold dead hands. I change drivers about as often as most people change underwear, but my last 3-wood was a Cobra F7, which I thought I'd never let go of. BUT, I have to say the PXG 0341 XF GEN4 is better... that's my opinion of course. 

So, I've become a bit of a PXG fanboy. 

Oh, I should also add, that they were able to send me my clubs with the grips shipped loose in the box. (Both for my irons and my 3-wood.) That way, when they arrived I just fired up the air compressor and popped on some PURE DTX Midsize grips and I'm off and rolling. 

I'm really struggling to come up with any complaints I would have with PXG. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

49 minutes ago, Hohjoe said:

The 0211 driver is on sale for $229. The Gen 5 is $299 with free shipping until Labor Day.

I pulled the trigger on the 0211 driver (10.5 stiff shaft) $245 total after taxes!
Now I wait!

• Like 1

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I'm pretty happy with my driver, and I missed this thread on first pass, but now I am thinking.  Hmm, a fitting would be $50 but would be at literally the nearest public golf course to me.  The total comes out to about half of what my current driver's descendent would cost me off the rack.

No, Shindig, your driver is just fine and works well.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 9:11 AM, Elmer said:

I pulled the trigger on the 0211 driver (10.5 stiff shaft) $245 total after taxes!
Now I wait!

The club arrived within 10 days of ordering.
Showed up hours before my round, so only able to hit a few times in the back yard into a net.
The shaft is a tad lighter than I am used to.
Fist couple shots were fine.
Then on the course topped it. spent the last couple days and still topping it. 
Then realized the driver is 1/2 shorter than my former driver. I have to retrain my muscle memory and tee it higher.
This will take some work!

image.png.21bd8245ccc63284155633fc8dda7f4a.png

Yes I am quoting my self!

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride