IGNORED

New Member From Zambia

Hi! I have just started playing golf. I"m amazingly, traumatically terrible and I do many things wrong, but somehow I REALLY am crazy for golf!! I of course wish I could be better. I have had a few lessons and now been trying to teach myself, more or less, with videos and online things for the past few months  -- I won't even list them all, lol -- but am finding it perhaps more confusing than it needs to be. I'm happy to be here, I have just torn my obliques (yes, playing golf) so am at a good point to reset my game (all four months of it!) and see if I can get some things straight. 

Welcome to TST!   We're glad you've decided to join.   You'll find warm and welcoming people that work on facts and not run after ideas without merit.   

You aren't the first and won't be the last to try to self teach golf.   Golf is very difficult.    This is one of the best places to get help with your game.    Check out the instructional videos and the member's swing thread.   

Again, welcome

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Lindy Y said:

I"m amazingly, traumatically terrible

Welcome to TST. You are new to golf. It’s hard. Don’t beat yourself up too much. Hang it there and if will get better.

Hello @Lindy Y.

Most certainly feel no shame. Some of us have been knocking balls around for a while and still do many things wrong.

Zambia is an interesting. What courses have you played out there? How many courses do you have there?

thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I remain hopeful : ) 

Zambia has quite a few courses, I've just played golf a few months so i have only gotten to two of them but it is nice AND affordable to play here! (like, really affordable.) It's ben the rainy season now since as long as I'v been playing golf, though, so you have to be flexible. Before Covid there were tournaments every weekend, some international and some just statewide, but those are all on pause for the next few months, anyway. 

(edited)

Any lions on the course?:unsure: I have never visited Zambia, just see nature shows about the country, but have been to SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, and Tanzania, on safaris. Zambia sounds like a good safari destination.

Edited by Billy Z

Billy, no, but there are sometimes snakes, although Ihaven't seen any personally but I've seen LOTS Of twisted sticks on the ground that have scared the crap out of me -- i don't know if that counts or not?  Also, there is a bat tree on the front nine in Lusaka, it is a huge tree and has enormous bats in it for half the year (then they migrate). So, that's cool!  

2 hours ago, Lindy Y said:

Billy, no, but there are sometimes snakes, although Ihaven't seen any personally but I've seen LOTS Of twisted sticks on the ground that have scared the crap out of me -- i don't know if that counts or not?  Also, there is a bat tree on the front nine in Lusaka, it is a huge tree and has enormous bats in it for half the year (then they migrate). So, that's cool!  

image.gif.546241b038962ef698835197224edae0.gifimage.gif.546241b038962ef698835197224edae0.gif

Welcome to TST. Many of us have gone through a similar journey as you. I enjoyed all the lows and all the highs. Have fun!