IGNORED

Johnny Manziel From Heisman to PGA Tour

45 minutes ago, vasaribm said:

What could go wrong...

Well...he won’t do it. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He mentions Tim Tebow and Baseball, but I think Tebow but I believe Tebow was a highly ranked HS Baseball Play and was on the verge of being recruited out H.S.  Also, he did not make it out of the minor leagues.  

As for Johnny, he is 28 already and IMO if he does not make the tour real soon he will not make it 12 years from now.

3 hours ago, vasaribm said:

Johnny is giving himself 12 years to make a PGA Tour event.  What could go wrong...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/johnny-manziel-professional-golf-career-nfl-cleveland-browns

He flamed out in a sport he has played his whole life and is a very regimented team sport. In a solo sport like golf where you have to have ungodly talent or be incredibly disciplined? No chance.

Alice Cooper got some demons under control by playing a lot of golf, maybe it will work for Manziel?  I don't think he'll make the PGA Tour.  Best he can hope for is a DQ from a KFC Tour event, thus following in Jerry Rice's footsteps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

He will never be called Johnny "Golf".

Johnny Golfball!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vasaribm said:

Johnny is giving himself 12 years to make a PGA Tour event.  What could go wrong...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/johnny-manziel-professional-golf-career-nfl-cleveland-browns

I actually think he's an okay guy. He has his demons and his issues just like anyone else. I don't think he's inherently a "bad person" in any way. I wish him all the best in his pursuit. My guess is he'll never make a PGA tour event, but good for him to have a goal and a dream that's worth pursuing. There are a million worse things he could be trying to do. 

17 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I actually think he's an okay guy. He has his demons and his issues just like anyone else. I don't think he's inherently a "bad person" in any way. I wish him all the best in his pursuit. My guess is he'll never make a PGA tour event, but good for him to have a goal and a dream that's worth pursuing. There are a million worse things he could be trying to do. 

I live in close proximity to Browns fans, so Manziel is still one of those names that stirs things up. 

But absolutely. If golf can give him a direction in life, that's fantastic. Maybe he only ever competes for a club championship at the local golf club, but if it gives him a reason to get out of bed in the morning that might be more important. 

I know some people with issues. One commonality is that they don't have that something to be passionate about.

5 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Johnny Golfball!

That's even better! At first I thought you said Johnny Goofball.

• Like 1

• Administrator
On 3/3/2021 at 7:59 PM, tehuti said:

He flamed out in a sport he has played his whole life and is a very regimented team sport. In a solo sport like golf where you have to have ungodly talent or be incredibly disciplined? No chance.

Look, I don't think he's going to make it in golf, but c'mon… To make it to the level of being an NFL quarterback means that you've put in thousands of hours of work over a decade+ of time. He has the discipline and drive to have done that.

As someone else said, he's got:

• the time
  • the money
  • the drive/desire (or the capacity for it)
  • some level of athleticism

He's better positioned to do it than most.

But the odds are still long.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:36 AM, iacas said:

Look, I don't think he's going to make it in golf, but c'mon… To make it to the level of being an NFL quarterback means that you've put in thousands of hours of work over a decade+ of time. He has the discipline and drive to have done that.

As someone else said, he's got:

• the time
  • the money
  • the drive/desire (or the capacity for it)
  • some level of athleticism

He's better positioned to do it than most.

But the odds are still long.

I agree with all of your points. But I still think it's discipline that he has an issue with. I actually think he was good enough to still be in the NFL, but his off field antics and attitude are why he isn't there today. That being said, I could see him making A tour, but not the PGA tour.