• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • 1) Everyone is ignorant, since ignorance is the lack of knowledge. I am 100% ignorant in how viruses work. I know a small bit, but I don't know in detail enough to be able to speak on the subject.  2) When the facts show it is much more beneficial and safe to get the vaccine, in terms of your own health and in terms of the health of others, there is not much worth in having this difference of opinion. To me, it feels like you and others just want to be contrarian. When the facts are known to be as such, then it is expected to get some negative feedback from those who are correct in this regard. Though, it is a bit harsh to call someone uneducated and a moron. But, I think it is stupid to not get the vaccine unless you have a medical reason to do so.  Maybe not a moron, but definitely ignorant.  Also, do you respect the opinion of deplorable people? Come on, respecting everyones opinion is just not good for society. That is saying you respect the opinion of people like who commit horrible atrocities. Their opinion is they should be able to do so with out repercussions or are justified due to their religious doctrine. How can you respect that.  We are not talking about subjects like, what is the greatest football team of all time. This is about the validity of the vaccine (which it works stupidly well), and its utility for the safety of oneself and society (which is very high). These are facts. To say that I should respect the opinion of someone who doesn't believe in these facts, or has the opinion that they should disregard the vaccine. Yea, I am not respecting that opinion.  We are not talking about every discussion here. We are talking about this particular subject. So, don't try to generalize it.  Here is the thing, the facts are pretty clear here. All you have to say is, "Well, if I didn't have a family who pressured me, I wouldn't take the vaccine." That isn't a valid opinion. It is not based on anything but your gut feeling. It's like justifying that people who don't wear their seat belts are not idiots. They are 100% idiots for not wearing a seat belt. Seat belts reduce injuries and fatalities by over 55%. Not wearing a seat belt is just idiocy.  Well, the use of ignorant in this way is wrong.  You know the facts of the vaccine (I presume) since you are responding to this thread. If not, then you are ignorant since you lack the knowledge of the vaccine.  To have an opinion, not based on facts is to me idiotic.  Oh, I am 100% ignorant in many subjects. One of my college professors said the first day, "You are all ignorant people". Then he described what ignorance means. I went from almost being pissed off to thinking he's right. I am an ignorant person. I lack knowledge. I am not all knowing.  
    • I never cared for Rory, not sure exactly why. I really wouldn't get  excited to play a golf round with him. 
    • I finished reading LSW this morning...what a great and comprehensive book! I'll be reading it again, starting with the "Decision Mapping" and "Game Planning" sections. Frankly, before I spend much time on Shot Mapping, however, my swing has to get more consistent than it is now, or it will be a challenge to find much meaningful information, LOL. Regarding the latter point, using SVs has definitely lead me to focus on what skills are most important to practice. Specifically, I am focusing on Full Swing Motion shots (after spending the early part of 2021 focused on Short Game Motions shots and "Bead" putting drills) with Driver (get the ball in play as far as I can), Hybrids and irons (improve accuracy of approach shots) and Speed control for putts >= 25'. I will also be taking an AimPoint lesson in the near future.  Great stuff! 
    • If I spill a hot cup of coffee in my lap it's going to burn. If I drop a golf ball it's going to go down. Some matters are just not open to opinion.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Adlamb
      Adlamb
      (46 years old)
    2. Baba
      Baba
      (45 years old)
    3. Healup
      Healup
      (49 years old)
    4. SophieWaggner83
      SophieWaggner83
      (38 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...