IGNORED

2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational

Rose just withdrew. Spieth playing by himself now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell,  for anyone .....

When Arnie was alive, yes.  Just like the Byron Nelson Tournament. Fields are not what they were when the hosts were there. Sad, yes. True, yes. You imply that 8 of the U.S. top 10 are

Just turned on Round 1 and V. Hoveland was putting, using Aimpoint on a short putt on #16.  Distance @ 4 feet.  The commentators decided to briefly discuss AimPoint and one of them, not sure which one

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Rose with a 9 on 3.

I know how he feels, unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Can’t Jordan realest a “Pacer” to play with him?  Not sure if playing slobd is advantage or disadvantage.  Any thoughts on that?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, MiuraMan said:

Rose withdraws from Tournament, leaving Spieth to play alone!

9 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Did he give a reason why?

1 minute ago, colin007 said:

Did he give a reason why?

Not that I heard but he was struggling. Sprite playing well, so far. Birdie, hole in one, par part par.

16 minutes ago, StuM said:

I know how he feels, unfortunately 

Can’t Jordan realest a “Pacer” to play with him?  Not sure if playing slobd is advantage or disadvantage.  Any thoughts on that?

Spieth needs to stick to his plan and routine. And he can walk slower now. Shouldn't be a problem.

5 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Not that I heard but he was struggling. Sprite playing well, so far. Birdie, hole in one, par part par.

On TV, it looks like he was wincing in pain; probably back seized up on him, with the Players next week, probably a good call.

1 minute ago, MiuraMan said:

Spieth needs to stick to his plan and routine. And he can walk slower now. Shouldn't be a problem.

I agree that routine is critical.  I could see myself start to play real fast then have to wait on next tee losing rhythm.

Bryson just went got it in #6

He aimed right of the green

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, StuM said:

370 yard drive. Wow.

8 minutes ago, StuM said:

I guess he did not really go for it, was 70 yards from the green.

Westwood playing some good golf for 47 year old

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beastie said:

Westwood playing some good golf for 47 year old

Hell,  for anyone .....

• Like 3

I'm not sure what it is about Rory, but I always seem to root against him? Maybe because they fawn over him too much. I root for Speith to win but he just can't get over the hill, so to speak.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I'm not sure what it is about Rory, but I always seem to root against him? 

And there I was thinkin' he might be my #2 to root for :-$

17 minutes ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

And there I was thinkin' he might be my #2 to root for :-$

Sorry to root against you.☺️

• Funny 1

I went to the range and missed most of the back nine but it was an enjoyable day of golf.  I think Hovland’s +5 may have been my fault since I put some $$ on him.

I'd like to see either Janewattanaond or Bezuidenhout come from behind tomorrow and win.  Then, maybe, their names would end up on Wheel of Fortune and if you bought a vowel you'd hit the jackpot!

• Funny 1

I gotta admit I enjoyed watching Bryson today. Watching him swing that driver is amazing. I'm not sure how he manages to stay on his feet sometimes. I don't know if it's just the camera angles or his swing but it seems at times almost as if he's hitting off his back foot.

8 hours ago, MiuraMan said:

On TV, it looks like he was wincing in pain; probably back seized up on him, with the Players next week, probably a good call.

I think you are correct. But, if I were having a day like he was having (relatively speaking, of course), I think my back would start hurting, too! I'm pretty sure we'll see him next week.

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'd like to see either Janewattanaond or Bezuidenhout come from behind tomorrow and win.  Then, maybe, their names would end up on Wheel of Fortune and if you bought a vowel you'd hit the jackpot!

Nice whack by Jazz on the 14th to win the $200,000 from MasterCard for charity! I bet they spell his name right on the donation.