IGNORED

2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational

StuM
Note: This thread is 1116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I gotta admit I enjoyed watching Bryson today. Watching him swing that driver is amazing.

Word. That swing for the 370 yard drive on #6 was awe-inspiring 🤯

36 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I gotta admit I enjoyed watching Bryson today

Me too, he looked like he was having fun and i feel they golf better when having fun.  And it was a much better look on him than the 3 minutes over a short putt.  I may be turning into a Bryson fan.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/5/2021 at 2:35 AM, Zippo said:

This would be my guess, too.

I saw that and also was surprised at the announcer's comments. It's not like Aimpoint is a new thing or all that difficult a concept to "get". I also thought a 4 foot putt was maybe a bit short for Aimpoint but I noted that all he did was "feel" the slope with his feet - he didn't apply a finger that I saw.

I was disappointed in Horschel slamming his driver into the ground on the tee a couple of times. I forget which hole it was but, really? He threw his ball into the water on 18 - like it was the ball's fault he couldn't putt.  Seems like he could have found a kid in the gallery to give it to...

In tennis, a player is penalised for damaging equipment or temper tantrums.  So should the golfer for damaging the teeing area or green through temper.

A couple of weeks ago Lashley slammed his putter onto the green as he was walking off. The commentator remarked that he didn't even repair the mark.

11 hours ago, Billy Z said:

I'm not sure what it is about Rory, but I always seem to root against him? Maybe because they fawn over him too much. I root for Speith to win but he just can't get over the hill, so to speak.

Ever since McIlroy shoved a kid in the face as the lad was after an autograph.  He didn't even look down.  The game is bigger than any player.

That third round was some of the best golf I've seen on TV for some time.  Playing on slick greens some of the long putts were amazing. Lovely to see Jordan come alive again.  Even my wife stayed up to the end.  

14 hours ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

That swing for the 370 yard drive on #6 was awe-inspiring 🤯

It sort of reminded me of myself! :whistle:

• Funny 1

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

10 hours ago, Wessex said:

Ever since McIlroy shoved a kid in the face as the lad was after an autograph. 

Lol wut?

Colin P.

It only takes a couple of “mashed potatoes!!” for me to think I preferred the golf without fans. Muppets. Any one who shouts that or “get in da hole” should be whipped with an upside down driver- wielded by BDC. 
I’m enjoying the finale though. Bay Hill is a super layout.

10 hours ago, Wessex said:

Ever since McIlroy shoved a kid in the face as the lad was after an autograph.  He didn't even look down.  The game is bigger than any player.

Yeah that’s not quite what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stevie T

53 minutes ago, Beastie said:

It only takes a couple of “mashed potatoes!!” for me to think I preferred the golf without fans

Me too. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Tough conditions out there, -1 is about the best so far for today's round in the top 10.

Edited by Billy Z

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Interesting stat on Sky. The field today is +2 on holes 10-16.

17 and 18??  +97!!

Stevie T

I was pulling for Westwood but it was not to be. He did hold together like a true pro, though. Congrats to Bryson - proof that you can hit it like dog poop as long as it goes a mile and you can blast the next shot out of the rough! And, I will freely admit that he has sped up his putting routine. Good job.

And, yeah. The fans. I wonder what the attendance would be like if there were no alcohol served?

• Like 1

I enjoyed this tournament, nice course and pretty tight leader board to the end.

• Like 2

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

I was pulling for Westwood but it was not to be. He did hold together like a true pro, though. Congrats to Bryson - proof that you can hit it like dog poop as long as it goes a mile and you can blast the next shot out of the rough! And, I will freely admit that he has sped up his putting routine. Good job.

And, yeah. The fans. I wonder what the attendance would be like if there were no alcohol served?

Yeah I was rooting for Westwood too, brilliant display for a 47 y/o. I’m 71 and can hit 240metres but not on the short grass more than 1 in 3, but still not 100% after long illness. Hoping I will get better results when my swing is more consistent, and my eyes are really bad. Hmmm closer to the nackers yard lol

56 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

Yeah I was rooting for Westwood too, brilliant display for a 47 y/o. I’m 71 and can hit 240metres but not on the short grass more than 1 in 3, but still not 100% after long illness. Hoping I will get better results when my swing is more consistent, and my eyes are really bad. Hmmm closer to the nackers yard lol

If you're slapping it 240m I'd say you're doing pretty darn good.

• Like 2

Note: This thread is 1116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!