IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Ceej

On August 9, 2016 at 8:37 PM, MasonAsher2014 said:

Good music in here, guys. A little before my time but good nonetheless.

Translation: "You guys are old."

I just downloaded Chvrches' Every Open Eye...digging it so far.

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

J. Pierrepont Finch - Ferris Buller, Harry Potter.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Lately a lot of Frank Zappa.  My 5 year old daughter just loves music of all kinds so I'm always digging around for cool stuff to expose her to.  We've been listening to Peaches and Regalia.  A lot of instrumentals and some of the songs with tamer lyrics.  Some stuff off Apostrophe and and 1 or 2 from Joe's Garage.  Really gotta prescan the Zappa before you play it for kids. 

We recently spent a good amount of time with The Beatles Revolver and They Might Be Giants Flood.  She might be the only 5 year old that knows all the lyrics to Birdhouse in Your Soul. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2016 at 9:02 PM, Rainmaker said:

Lately a lot of Frank Zappa.  My 5 year old daughter just loves music of all kinds so I'm always digging around for cool stuff to expose her to.  We've been listening to Peaches and Regalia.  A lot of instrumentals and some of the songs with tamer lyrics.  Some stuff off Apostrophe and and 1 or 2 from Joe's Garage.  Really gotta prescan the Zappa before you play it for kids. 

We recently spent a good amount of time with The Beatles Revolver and They Might Be Giants Flood.  She might be the only 5 year old that knows all the lyrics to Birdhouse in Your Soul. 

We're off the Zappa . . it didn't really take.  We've been listening to some Taylor Swift (we'll do anything for our kids,eh?) but I recently got my next inspiration for them . . Billy Joel.  Starting tomorrow we'll be checking out some Billy Joel. 

Unbeknownst to me . .my 5 year old managed to memorize the lyrics to Why Does the Sun Shine, Lucky Ball and Chain and Dead by They Might Be Giants.  Even though I'm 100% *Not* playing a lot of TMBG .. it's been 2 months, at least, since she's heard those songs.  Interestingly enough - her amazing memory is what's making it hard for her to learn to read in school . .she tends to memorize passages in books instead of sounding out words.  Last night we "read" Oh The Places You'll Go . .it was eerie . .except for a few words here and there you'd swear she was reading it. 

Currently listening to my Alter Bridge albums. One of my fave bands. Very excited as my wife is taking me to see them at the Leeds Arena in December.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Last Night on Earth by Noah and the Whale.

I've been listening to them for a few years but just downloaded this (5 year old) album yesterday.  Wish I got it a lot sooner, it's their best one!

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

JIC

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

On 10/1/2016 at 4:34 PM, JonMA1 said:

*Steven Wilson*

Good man! One of my favorite artists!

Currently listening to Opeth's new album, Sorceress.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

On 10/2/2016 at 2:25 PM, Zeph said:

One of my favorite artists!

Same here. His music is a bit different than a lot of stuff out there. Great melodies and bass lines.

Jon

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

Steve

Watching American Horror Story Hotel season and it has one of the most awesome guitar pieces ever in it compliments of Siouxsie And The Banshees. This of course wet my appetite to revisit some of their music; so, for your listening pleasure:

Cities in Dust may be their first song to cross the Atlantic in an impactful way because of its pop beat:

Peek a Boo:

For the Batman Fans:

Lastly who doesn't remember this song in the 90s (for those of us old enough):

Such a gorgeous voice.