IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Ceej

34 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Been Raging Against The Machine the last couple of days.  And, like most music I listen to in the car, I get into it.  At the end of Freedom, when the bassline starts being overpowered by the drums as Zach escalates his "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  freedommmmmmmmmmmm!!!!" I find myself banging on the steering wheel or gearshift to the point of nearly breaking my hand. ;)

On another note, just discovered this gem the other day:

Music starts at 1:18.

Anybody from the '90s recognize that opening melody? :-P (my money is on @JetFan1983)

Awwwww, of course No Diggity is a sample. Great tune. Grandma's hands, great song too, thanks for sharing. 

How about this one? My favorite of the Wire theme song versions:

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Awwwww, of course No Diggity is a sample. Great tune. Grandma's hands, great song too, thanks for sharing. 

How about this one? My favorite of the Wire theme song versions:

Well done!

And I thought I had a strong opinion about the different Wire theme versions and then I just went and listened to all of them and realized that I like them all for what they are.  I had thought that I liked 1 the most, then I was thinking 2, and now I’m thinking I actually agree with you.  I do know, though, that 5 is not my favorite. ;)

Fastway - Say What You Will - in Remembrance of "Fast" Eddie Clarke who passed away at 67.  bummer, Great, Great Guitar player for Motorhead and then Fastway. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I am usually 'whatever's playing on the radio' type of listener (or have been reduced to..).  

Couple of days ago Pearl Jam's 'Daughter' came on and I had to turn up the volume. So did I when in recent weeks Donnie Hathaway's 'Ghetto' (the long version) and Bill Wither's 'Ain't no sunshine' came on. 

I do really like Dua Lipa's 'No rules' that's on radio all the time lately. Get's you moving.. 

Vishal S.

Lana's Get Free, the first minute sounds almost like a carbon copy of Creep. Yeah, Creep pulls from The Air That I Breathe, they settled that.

We’re situated at a complex nexus—more raw material is available to more people than at any other point in human history, yet there’s increasing bewilderment about what constitutes actual infringement. (There are also plenty of lingering, non-legal concerns about what sorts of cultural boundaries can or should be crossed, and how, and why, and by whom.) One potential byproduct of the lawsuit panic—and I stand with the musicians protesting the “Blurred Lines” settlement as unreasonable—is that there’s more incentive to throw precedent to the wind, and to imagine wild new modes. Yet there’s something lovely and comforting about the continuum—about art begetting art, about a pulse traveling down a line. The interconnections and overlaps are evidence of a mysterious symbiosis, a hand in the dark, a history. Can something come from nothing? The bigger question may be whether we want it to.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/lana-del-rey-radiohead-and-the-difficulty-of-making-original-music

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Another way of interpreting Lionel Richie's Hello

Steve

Steve

Steve

Steve

Steve

Steve

Return of the Mack! Yes! And I love how he calls Call of Duty "Cod." Lmao. I knew this guy was my favorite golfer for several reasons. 

Good luck this week, Tiger!

Constantine

Steve

This will give you chills. Massive Attack and jazz.

Steve