IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Ceej

15 hours ago, Sean_D said:

Tinnitus. I've been a rock guitarist for 35+years. Always tinnitus.

I have this too! My audiologist doesn’t think it came from my years of playing though. My hearing loss frequencies don’t match up with electric guitar amp ranges. It’s hereditary for me. My Dad had it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watched St.Elmo's Fire last night for the first time and while the story was completely stupid and bizarre, this song was tight.

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

Heard this on HBO's I May Destroy You.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, nevets88 said:

I am human and I need to loved

just like everybody else does  🎶

Sorry I forgot to reply. Love it. 

Here's another Smiths one. Jeane!

Constantine

19 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Sorry I forgot to reply. Love it. 

Here's another Smiths one. Jeane!

I heard this was used by Netflix's The Crown. I dunno what effect pedal is used for the guitar, echo? But it's unforgettable.

Hang the DJ hang the DJ hang the DJ

Ask me ask me ask me the bomb the bomb the bomb

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I heard this was used by Netflix's The Crown. I dunno what effect pedal is used for the guitar, echo? But it's unforgettable.

Yea, I have no idea and I've been playing guitar for over twenty years (99% of it has been acoustic though). 

Speaking of me playing, here's a cover I did in March of Babyshambles' "A'rebours." Cool song IMO.

I definitely paid the price for recording this. Left shoulder hurt for like three weeks straight after, but it was worth it. I haven't played any guitar since, but PT has been promising this past week or so. So we'll see! Fingers crossed.

Constantine

1 minute ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yea, I have no idea and I've been playing guitar for over twenty years (99% of it has been acoustic though). 

Speaking of me playing, here's a cover I did in March of Babyshambles' "A'rebours." Cool song IMO.

I definitely paid the price for recording this. Left shoulder hurt for like three weeks straight after, but it was worth it. I haven't played any guitar since, but PT has been promising this past week or so. So we'll see! Fingers crossed.

Wow! That was really good. Hope your shoulder heals. Yeah, musical instruments, a lot of them do a number on your body. It could have been worse and you played double bass, lol (heard that kills your wrist).

Steve

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Wow! That was really good. Hope your shoulder heals. Yeah, musical instruments, a lot of them do a number on your body. It could have been worse and you played double bass, lol (heard that kills your wrist).

Yea I had an MRI last week and it came back clean. Shoulder still hurts though even though I had surgery June 27th, 2019 (but who's counting?).

But Babyshambles are a cool band. Not for everyone, perhaps an acquired taste, but they're not without their charm. Here's "Maybelline" to keep this on topic haha. 

Thanks for checking out the cover though, I appreciate it. It's fun to record something every now and then. 

Random trivia: that cover art on Maybelline was done by Damien Hirst.

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

While this isn’t music, for the past month, I’ve been listening to series of audiobooks written by Vince Flynn called the “Mitch Rapp series.”  Currently on book #17 (I think I have one more to go). It’s about a fictional  CIA agent and his “adventures.”  I’m not much of a reader, but with a 45min commute to & from work, it’s been a great way to pass the time. Highly recommend it.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Okay, I know this is their biggest hit, but I think This Charming Man is my favorite Smiths song. 

Maybe this opinion will change next week, who knows.

Constantine

14 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Okay, I know this is their biggest hit, but I think This Charming Man is my favorite Smiths song. 

Maybe this opinion will change next week, who knows.

Do you know The Housemartins or The Beautiful South? If you like the Smiths you might like these bands.

Steve

52 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Do you know The Housemartins or The Beautiful South? If you like the Smiths you might like these bands.

I tend to love anything British rock or Irish rock related from the Beatles thru to current stuff like the Libertines (2003-2015). 

This was pretty cool. I would listen to something like this in the background while rehabbing or cooking for sure. Thanks. 

The Smiths meanwhile despite singing about themes that have very little to do with me somehow are so fun for me to listen to. It's kind of interesting how that works. I guess I just love Johnny Marr's riffs and Morrissey's vocal melodies.

I've oddly gone through a late age (I'm 37) Joy Division phase recently, though I admit that music is pretty out there. I can't help but be mesmerized by it sometimes. When you understand their music within the context of when it was created, it carries a lot more weight I think.

This song without context sounds pretty sloppy I guess, but within the context of rundown Manchester in the late 70s combined with what music in general was like in those times, this is ahead of its time. 

Constantine

1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

I tend to love anything British rock or Irish rock related from the Beatles thru to current stuff like the Libertines (2003-2015). 

This was pretty cool. I would listen to something like this in the background while rehabbing or cooking for sure. Thanks. 

The Smiths meanwhile despite singing about themes that have very little to do with me somehow are so fun for me to listen to. It's kind of interesting how that works. I guess I just love Johnny Marr's riffs and Morrissey's vocal melodies.

I've oddly gone through a late age (I'm 37) Joy Division phase recently, though I admit that music is pretty out there. I can't help but be mesmerized by it sometimes. When you understand their music within the context of when it was created, it carries a lot more weight I think.

This song without context sounds pretty sloppy I guess, but within the context of rundown Manchester in the late 70s combined with what music in general was like in those times, this is ahead of its time. 

Have you gotten to New Order yet? A bit different without Ian Curtis, but the crux of the band is there. One of my favorite albums - Power Corruption & Lies. One of the unfortunate things of Spotify is the recordings I heard back in the 80s are not there, but thank you YouTube.

Steve

I'm listening to some punk right now.  Specifically Anti-Flag Die for the government.  I don't have the same outlook in life anymore, but I love punk rock. 

53 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Have you gotten to New Order yet? A bit different without Ian Curtis, but the crux of the band is there. One of my favorite albums - Power Corruption & Lies. One of the unfortunate things of Spotify is the recordings I heard back in the 80s are not there, but thank you YouTube.

I actually haven't really yet, but these two songs were awesome, thanks. I know all New Order's hits but actually diving into their catalog, no not yet. I will now though. I've always liked their stuff. 

You could actually see Joy Division trending towards New Order with the song Love Will Tear Us Apart. It's a shame what happened to Ian Curtis. I know the Joy Division version of "Ceremony," which I believe was their last recorded song.

37 minutes ago, False hopes said:

I'm listening to some punk right now.  Specifically Anti-Flag Die for the government.  I don't have the same outlook in life anymore, but I love punk rock. 

Yea same. It's probably why I've trended more towards post-punk music as I've gotten older (and softer). 

Edited by JetFan1983

Constantine

2 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

I actually haven't really yet, but these two songs were awesome, thanks. I know all New Order's hits but actually diving into their catalog, no not yet. I will now though. I've always liked their stuff. 

You could actually see Joy Division trending towards New Order with the song Love Will Tear Us Apart. It's a shame what happened to Ian Curtis. I know the Joy Division version of "Ceremony," which I believe was their last recorded song.

Yea same. It's probably why I've trended more towards post-punk music as I've gotten older (and softer). 

That's so funny and so true, its hard to hate the system when it has worked for you.  But the music does remind me of the younger years.  There just isn't any rebel without a cause left.

5 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

I recently watched this, think you might enjoy it too. 

Steve