IGNORED

What do you hit from 200 yards?

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you hit from 200 yards?

• Driver
    • 3 Wood
    • 5 Wood
    • Hybrid
    • 3 Iron
    • 4 Iron
    • 5 Iron
    • 6 Iron
    • Other(specify)

depending on conditions either a 5i or a hybrid.

What's in my Premium stand bag:

Driver: 909 D2 Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid: 909H 17* Voodoo Stiff
Irons: MP-52 5-PW Project X 5.0Wedges: Vokey 200 50, SM 54, 58, and 62Putter: Newport Studio 2 34"Ball: ProV1x, Bridgestone 330

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
3 Wood...I'm only 15, and a beginner. :(
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

If I nut my 3 iron I can do it but I have trouble hitting it consistently. My 24 degree 585h gets the job done nowadays for the 200 yard shot. It goes very high and straight for me as well.

Driver: R7 425 9.5 degree
3 Wood: 904F 15 degree S300
Hybrids: 585h 21 and 24 degree S300
Irons: 755's 4-PW reg steel
Wedges: 52 and 56 degree wedges with lead tape covering the label (unsure of which design) and a Vokey spin milled 60.08 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select 33"Bal...

5 Iron does the job pretty well. I've gotten on in two a few times on a decent five, but typically its a pitch and putt program after the second shot.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

Twenty-Eight people hit their 5i 200 yards. Hmm?

It says they hit their 5-iron from 200 yards. It doesn't say they actually get there

I see lots of guys who always hit the club they THINK they can get there with but they really can't. If you ask them today they will still tell you that's the club, but 9 out of 10 times they are short with it. They think because they bust 1 out of 10 that it's the right club. Either that, or they have a couple of 200 yd par-3s on their home course that they can reach with a 5-iron so they assume they hit their 5-iron 200 yards. What they fail to say is those par-3s play 30+ yards downhill. For those of you who truly do hit your 5i 200 yards (and I'm sure some of you do) please don't take offense to this, but you know what I'm talking about. The vast majority of golfers overestimate how far they really hit their clubs. Anyway, for me it's either a 3 or 4 iron hybrid.
In My Bag ( Superlight 3.5):

Driver: 9.5* Burner SuperFast, Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Stiff
Fairway Woods: Steelhead III, Uniflex Steel (3w, 5w)
Hybrids: Big Bertha Heavenwood 4H, Uniflex SteelIrons: Victory Red Full Cavity, Stiff (5-AW)Wedges: WALTER HAGEN,...

It says they hit their 5-iron from 200 yards. It doesn't say they actually get there

That's why I always take the club I want to hit and then club up to make sure I get it there. It usually makes me slow down my swing so I don't get too quick with it and crushes the ball the right distance. Direction is a different story, lol.

Driver: R7 425 9.5 degree
3 Wood: 904F 15 degree S300
Hybrids: 585h 21 and 24 degree S300
Irons: 755's 4-PW reg steel
Wedges: 52 and 56 degree wedges with lead tape covering the label (unsure of which design) and a Vokey spin milled 60.08 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select 33"Bal...

when I first started it was a 2 iron. but as I have gotten better it has changed. recently it has been my 4 iron, but it will soon be a 5. i carried a 4 iron 210 yds on saturday and it rolled out to about 220. can anybody help me to get my long irons to not roll so far? I hit the greens and it rolls through.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

As I'm sure some have stated prior to me, it really depends on the elevation and wind. If there's no breeze and no elevation to the green. I would be in between clubs. I don't carry a 4-iron so I would either hope to hit a 5 iron solid or choke down and hit a smooth 3 hybrid (22 deg. which is more like a 4 iron loft). I don't really have a 200 yard club. I chose hybrid for the poll as more often then not I would choke down on the 22 deg. hybrid.
FT-5 tour 10.5
Tour lp 14.5
Halo 22
BB 04 5 iron thru pw Black nickel tour 54CG11 58White hot tour rossie 34

light 5, or heavy 6 for me

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

200 carry for me is a solid 3/4 iron to be honest, that's the embarrassing truth.........
...... uh.
ohhh.....
EGO..
taking over.....

I usually hit my 6 iron 200, with a little consistent cut... hmm now if only i could putt.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I usually hit an easy 3W but lately I've been getting my 3H 195-200 with better contol.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

It depends. If I am striking my irons well, I hit an M565 Macgregor 3 iron. Most of the time a 19 degree Nickent 3dx Utility club.
Whats in my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460
Fairway/Hybrid: 15 & 19 degree Nickent 3dx Utility
Irons: MacGregor M565
Wedges: Cleveland 900 RTG 54 & 58 degreePutter: Odyssey DFX 2 ball

At this point in the game. I lay up with my trusty 5 iron.

I need to work on the 4 and 3. And maybe invest in one of those fancy hybrids.

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!