IGNORED

Tiger unleases some (expletive) bombs on the 9th hole at Doral

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...if you saw his interview after it sure seemed to me like he blamed himself more than anything for loosing the tournament.

I did see his interview and I agree that he blamed himself. But, he did mention the photographer as part of the reason.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really tired of participants gitting pissed at photographs being taking of them during their swing. Suck it up. All other sports have distractions that players must deal with. Wear some ear plugs when you swing if it bothers you. The excuse that it is quiet when they are swinging and the noise stands out is a lame excuse. Don't you think other sports have employed this technique during freethrows, penalty shots, etc.

WITB
r7 SQ TP 8.5* Diamana White 83 X
GS Tour 14* Aero 85 X
Md 21* Aero 95 S
MP-67 MP-R Black Ni Wedges Red Circa62 No.2

People praise him for his "focus" all the time and a flash calls for an F bomb? If this was Rory Sabbatini he'd be ripped apart.

Nothing that controversial though
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

How else are you going to the picture of Tiger swinging? The majority of people don't want to see pictures of Tiger just standing around. Also, the comparison to the paparazzi is not even close. I agree with you on the paparazzi who camp out and harass the "stars" for the various supermarket magazines but how do you know golf photographers "annoy the people they make money on?" Have you hung out inside the ropes with any golf photographers? I have and those guys work hard to get the pictures you get to enjoy seeing in the papers and online. The PGA Tour and the individual tournaments don't let just any clown with a point & shoot in to be a photographer. These guys are pros at what they do. Now that is not to say that you

Sorry but I enjoy watching good golf shots on TV rather than looking at stills. The camera shutter obviously had to be of some noise to annoy Tiger. I dont care about the cameramen or how hard they work. If the cameraman wasnt there, there wouldnt have been a shutter noise. Get them off the course if they make noise.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I'm surprised Tiger used this as an excuse. He usually isn't one to do that, and as one of the announcers said, that's honestly part of the territory. That doesn't make it right, but it happens. Tiger, of all people, should know how to deal with it by now.

The cameraman didn't lose the tournament for Tiger. Mr. Woods did that on his own like Alan said earlier in this topic.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am really tired of participants gitting pissed at photographs being taking of them during their swing. Suck it up. All other sports have distractions that players must deal with. Wear some ear plugs when you swing if it bothers you. The excuse that it is quiet when they are swinging and the noise stands out is a lame excuse. Don't you think other sports have employed this technique during freethrows, penalty shots, etc.

Crowd noise, distractions, taunting are part of football, basketball and baseball. It's not part of Golf. That's why golf is considered a "gentleman's game."

Additionally, if crowd noise or rowdiness was a part of golf, the players would adjust. Think about going to the range. It's never quiet and most golfers understand this. Therefore, they are conditioned to deal with it. Generally, this is not so for the course. What's more interesting is the interview provided by a professional photographer who has covered the PGA for many years. He stated that many of the photographers today are both inexperienced and lack the decorum to be out on the course. In fact, just by watching them, he can tell who the good photographers are and visa versa. At the end of the day, however, one shot, like in any sport, does not decide the tournament. Tiger even admitted to this.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Crowd noise, distractions, taunting are part of football, basketball and baseball. It's not part of Golf. That's why golf is considered a "gentleman's game."

Since when does the "gentleman's game" involve over-the-top outbursts of emotion and vocabulary that is inappropriate for my sons ears (eg. Justin Leonard, Ryder Cup put; Tiger's mouth and hat throwing; Tiger's caddie breaking peoples cameras). Would Hogan, Snead, Nelson, Jones display this kind of "gentlemans game"? I think not. The gentleman part of this game is long gone. Oh yeah, forgot about that picture of the naked UCLA golf team being put in a prominent golf magazine, what "gentlemen"! Just when I though is was safe for my girls to read a golf magazine.

WITB
r7 SQ TP 8.5* Diamana White 83 X
GS Tour 14* Aero 85 X
Md 21* Aero 95 S
MP-67 MP-R Black Ni Wedges Red Circa62 No.2

oh man...another parent afraid that there kid will hear something that they think is offensive..waaaaaaah.....

give me a break. he is human. if you dont like hearing it, dont go or watch. you are so up close when you are a spectator, you have to expect hear things that you wouldnt in other sports.

parents protecting there kids from anything somewhat contraversial drives me insane.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

oh man...another parent afraid that there kid will hear something that they think is offensive..waaaaaaah.....

People who think it's perfectly acceptable for a professional golfer (or any golfer) to threaten to break someone's neck because of a shutter click during their backswing drive me insane.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

It always puzzled me... didn't Earl always use to jingle change in his pocket and hoot and holler while Tiger was trying to hit a shot? I'm not saying it's right, but a camera shutter shouldn't be that much different.

Titleist 905R 460CC Driver Fujikura Stiff 8.5
Titleist PT15* 3 Wood Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist 980F 19* 5 Wood Titleist Regular
Miura Forged Baby Blades 3-PW NS Pro Stiff
Miura Forged 56* Sand WedgeTitleist Vokey 60* Lob WedgeTitleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design Newport 35"Nike One Platinum...

It always puzzled me... didn't Earl always use to jingle change in his pocket and hoot and holler while Tiger was trying to hit a shot? I'm not saying it's right, but a camera shutter shouldn't be that much different.

Took the words right out of my would be post.

Threatening to break someone's expletive neck after the hole is over is a little too "big for the britches" for me. Easy Tiger......

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Since when does the "gentleman's game" involve over-the-top outbursts of emotion and vocabulary that is inappropriate for my sons ears (eg. Justin Leonard, Ryder Cup put; Tiger's mouth and hat throwing; Tiger's caddie breaking peoples cameras). Would Hogan, Snead, Nelson, Jones display this kind of "gentlemans game"? I think not. The gentleman part of this game is long gone. Oh yeah, forgot about that picture of the naked UCLA golf team being put in a prominent golf magazine, what "gentlemen"! Just when I though is was safe for my girls to read a golf magazine.

You claim that the celebration that followed Justin Leonard's Ryder Cup winning putt was over the top? Are you serious?

Tiger, throwing his cap in jubilation after sinking a tournament winning putt is over the top? Was Arnie's celebrations over the top then? Was Trevino's? Was the late Payne Stewart's? What athlete does not curse? Find me, one, not named Reggie White, who's never uttered a profanity? What Steve Williams has done is downright despicable and don't condone it. I won't disagree. As for what's put into a golf magazine, what does that exactly have to do with the behavior of fans?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I think Tiger should apologize because two wrongs don't make a right and it could squash any controversy. I'm not mad that it happened given we all know we'd probably do the same thing, but that doesn't make it anymore right. Still, it's amazing the gall of these photographers. And I think we are all sure that Tiger was just using a figure of speech when he said he'd like to break the photographer's neck.

3JACK

Of course its not okay. I get sick and tired of all the Tiger fanboys on this site that see him as the next coming. Facts are everytime he hits a bad shot you can see the expletives coming out of his mouth. What are his excuses then. He is a billionaire who many young kids look up to but he needs to handle himself better. Telling a cameraman you are going to break his neck is bush league. Thats why I respect Vijay and Els a hundred times more then Tiger.

Of course its not okay. I get sick and tired of all the Tiger fanboys on this site that see him as the next coming. Facts are everytime he hits a bad shot you can see the expletives coming out of his mouth. What are his excuses then. He is a billionaire who many young kids look up to but he needs to handle himself better. Telling a cameraman you are going to break his neck is bush league. Thats why I respect Vijay and Els a hundred times more then Tiger.

I missed the part where Tiger walked up to a specific cameraman and singled him out from the group. Then actually said to his face "If you take another picture in my backswing I will break your neck." That is a threat. What he said was to a group of people to get a point across. As far as the swearing, have you ever wondered why there are not mics in the action in basketball or football games? You will hear way worse when guys are at the free throw line.

I would rather have Tiger drop a few F Bombs than Vijay who is a sexist ass that said he would not play in a tournament if he was paired with Anikka, then did drop out of that tournament so he would not have to face the storm he had caused. Tiger owned what he said. He said that he let it bother him and that he did not play well enough to win. if people don't like the swearing, then they need to shut off their TV. That way the ratings will drop and there won't be as many mics or cameras or reporters out there to pick up the stuff that was out there before. We just didn't hear it as much because there was no coverage.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Tim Finchem should suspend Tiger before this gets out of control. Fans will stop going to tournaments and the game will stop being televised if golfers curse out fans and threaten to kill them and so quick action has to be taken to preserve the sanctity and prestige of the game. The game will become like the WWF and trash talking will become rampant. This has to be nipped in the bud.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I agree. I think this one is excusable and I would have done the same thing. It probably gets very frustrating having all that commotion going on around you all the time. It is probably even more frustrating when you are not winning. He doesnt need throw out the expletives as often as he does though. He is a role-model for kids and he seems to openly accept that role, so I doubt that using language like the f-bomb and GD after bad shots qualifies as acceptable role model behavior.

I do fully agree with you guys. But what about players and role models in other sports? Hockey players, football players, or any other players in a sport or dropping F-bombs all the time or saying even worse things. And when commentators hear that, they laugh about it. I know its easier to hear in the sport of golf since they usually have a mic with him, but It sucks to see people ragging on Tiger doing that when its in other sports all the time and nobody seems to care.

The Breaking neck comment. That i can understand, that isnt needed.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 5844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!