IGNORED

Tiger unleases some (expletive) bombs on the 9th hole at Doral

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm surprised Tiger used this as an excuse. He usually isn't one to do that, and as one of the announcers said, that's honestly part of the territory. That doesn't make it right, but it happens. Tiger, of all people, should know how to deal with it by now.

Well said. Tiger is a rock star and this comes with the territory.

Crowd noise, distractions, taunting are part of football, basketball and baseball. It's not part of Golf. That's why golf is considered a "gentleman's game."

That is exactly why dropping the F-Bomb is kind of controversial. It lends itself to more of the behavior that you described.

What makes this disappointing, but not heartbreaking, is that Tiger is better than that. When the world's number one hits a bad shot, I don't expect him to slam his club and hear a GD fly out of his mouth, especially when the shot was not that horrible. I think he can do better.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the part where Tiger walked up to a specific cameraman and singled him out from the group. Then actually said to his face "If you take another picture in my backswing I will break your neck." That is a threat. What he said was to a group of people to get a point across. As far as the swearing, have you ever wondered why there are not mics in the action in basketball or football games? You will hear way worse when guys are at the free throw line.

First off, comparing golf to the NBA is hideous. I'd like to think the sport of golf is 10 times classier than the NBA. While I've never liked the fact Tiger curses, I can't be a hypocrite. I've cursed on the golf course a number of times in my life, so I definitely won't judge him for that. I just don't like the way he does it. He is so vocal with it where everyone and their dog can hear it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i don't think its a huge deal. maybe he didn't have such a great reason, but ddon't tell me that you have NEVER cursed on a golf course

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I missed the part where Tiger walked up to a specific cameraman and singled him out from the group. Then actually said to his face "If you take another picture in my backswing I will break your neck." That is a threat. What he said was to a group of people to get a point across. As far as the swearing, have you ever wondered why there are not mics in the action in basketball or football games? You will hear way worse when guys are at the free throw line.

Vijay is 100 percent correct in his dealing with the colonial. All he said is he wanted her to qualify like any other guy, you know seeing the women have their own tour. She was taking spots from golfers without earning her way in. Vijay can at least handle himself without looking like an ass. Tiger looks like a little whiny brat. He slams his clubs into the ground, he courses, diminishes other peoples victories by claiming they got lucky. For someone who has been elevated to the status he is he could conduct himself better.

First off, comparing golf to the NBA is hideous. I'd like to think the sport of golf is 10 times classier than the NBA. While I've never liked the fact Tiger curses, I can't be a hypocrite. I've cursed on the golf course a number of times in my life, so I definitely won't judge him for that. I just don't like the way he does it. He is so vocal with it where everyone and their dog can hear it.

It does not matter if you or I curse with our friends. If the situation called for us to stop and be on TV and not act like a cry baby I know I would.

Vijay is 100 percent correct in his dealing with the colonial. All he said is he wanted her to qualify like any other guy, you know seeing the women have their own tour. She was taking spots from golfers without earning her way in. Vijay can at least handle himself without looking like an ass. Tiger looks like a little whiny brat. He slams his clubs into the ground, he courses, diminishes other peoples victories by claiming they got lucky. For someone who has been elevated to the status he is he could conduct himself better.

So, based upon your statement, you're also against Male Players accepting sponsors invitations to a tournament they otherwise were not qualified for, right?

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

i don't think its a huge deal. maybe he didn't have such a great reason, but ddon't tell me that you have NEVER cursed on a golf course

god deserves every bit of the tongue lashing i give him when i play golf

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

tiger's action has a little bit to do with marking territory and future preventative measures as this brings it more into the awareness the constant rudeness of camera folks who "click" during his swing

with him taking this stand, its not going to be business as usual with cameras

maybe even some fans will start picking up the slack for steve williams and going after the camera fools

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

The poor lady on TV gets suspended and put down for a totally innocent slip of saying players wanting "to lynch Tiger"............
so now Tiger makes a comment of breaking a cameraman's neck if they take another picture after a series of F's and GD's.

Where is Mr Shrapton when you need him.

Maybe the old lady is chewing his ear off at home...that could damn sure explain some of his recent hostilities....

Maybe he needs to enroll in an anger management class??

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I've cursed plenty of times on the golf course (though I'm not proud of it). But, I've never screamed at anyone for talking during my backswing, played the entire hole, and then on the way to the next tee box told my playing partners that the next time one of them did it I was going to break their f***ing neck.

Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

The problem in golf is that the noise in not predictable. In basketball, its a consistant roar throughout the shot. Football the same. The other thing is that in a golf swing, you have to pull the trigger, its not a reaction like in baseball. If its dead silent when you start, a noise during the swing will throw you off. How many times have you played with your buddies and only stop the conversation when you're swinging? Hell, the guys I play with get ticked if someone forgets to bring a radio!! Tiger should be pissed. The photographers know the rules. Period. They are told over and over again, and pull the same stuff. If the other 500 people standing around him can stay quiet, why can't the guy with the camera do it? Even my damn $150 digital camera has a silent mode.
If you ever played with someone that doesnt throw a few "bombs" throughout the round, its because his first name is "Reverend" or "Pastor"....

In my bag:

360 10.5 44.5 Prolaunch
300 Tour 15 EI-70
V-Steel 21 (POS!, bye bye) TA-7 Tour 4-PW 56 & 60 588's Anser 2 Laddie (Why??)Mini bottles of Jim Beam...Oops.

I think when something crazy happens we all say something that we might not ever say or want to say-in Tiger's case he lost his cool and his choice of words were very surprising and harsh...i just think that his temper was builidng up soo much inside that he just let it all out-and he couldnt take it back--im sure even priests have done the same thing...i know in tiger's heart he didnt mean these things...

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

I don't have a problem with it.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

from the Miami Herald article...

Who are you to say that he had enough time to cool down? I didn't know that God was a member of this forum. Some people get really fired about and it burns inside them long after an event has taken place.

Where is the voting option for "Who Cares!" ? Tiger is the number one player in the world and never walks around like his ship* don't stink. Tiger maintains a calm nature while playing UNLESS someone does something stupid. Every other player who has come before him would react the same way. People have to realize that there are psycopathic killers on the loose who love to feed on babies and to stop writing about every time that Tiger Woods takes a ship* or farts. He is a person and will react like anyone else in certain situations. Big freakin' deal that he lost his cool for a minute... a lot of people would end up with an assault charge being laid against them if they were in his situation. Do you guys realize that the majority of people writing negative things about famous people are forgetting that the rest of the world does the same stuff on a daily basis? It's sad that professional athletes get treated similarly to Brittany Spears and every other celebrity who has hardly had to lift a finger for their million dollar paychecks. "Oh my God look!!! Tiger Woods... he just threw his club at his bag... how horrible. Oh wait.. look at that guy over there wrapping his club around a tree and then throwing it in the pond after his bad shot. Yeah, that's uncle Arthur.. he isn't famous so don't worry about him.."

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

im sure even priests have done the same thing...i know in tiger's heart he didnt mean these things...

"EVEN" priests? Good grief. I think there have been some more serious transgressions by that lot If you want to see a golfer being a REAL jerk, go to Youtube and do a search on The Big Easy Uneasy. Ernie Els throwing a club at his bag (but you might think that "bag" is another word for caddy after watching it.)

Note: This thread is 5865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!