IGNORED

2021 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play

I'm a big fan of match play. They should do more of these. The Olympics should be match play too (OT). 

Plus, live golf on Wednesday! Let's go!

• Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

42 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I'm a big fan of match play. They should do more of these. The Olympics should be match play too (OT). 

Plus, live golf on Wednesday! Let's go!

Agreed. MP would be much more appropriate, IMO.

3 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Rory is toying with Poulter, 3 up through the first 5 holes. LOL
Coverage on the GC starts at noon ET

You have that backwards.  Poulter won 6 & 5

14 minutes ago, vasaribm said:

Actually, no surprise the way things have been going for Rory lately. He's lost.

15 minutes ago, vasaribm said:

You have that backwards. 

Yep, I looked at the leaderboard and read the status incorrect, 😉
Just like when I read my putts on greens,,, LOL

I actually wanted to say Rory was toying with Ian giving him a head start lead....
Poulter must have played lights out !!!

He had several birds and an eagle form what I recall.

45 minutes ago, vasaribm said:

Yeah...and damnit was I irritated to see that. Not able to watch and read that..then saw the truth. Loved to have seen Rory scalp Putzer.

41 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Yep, I looked at the leaderboard and read the status incorrect, 😉
Just like when I read my putts on greens,,, LOL

I actually wanted to say Rory was toying with Ian giving him a head start lead....
Poulter must have played lights out !!!

He had several birds and an eagle form what I recall.

Remember, all these guys on tour are about a stroke-and-a-half of each other in scoring average.  So if you're off your game (Rory) at the moment a Poulter can easily beat you.

Hutton slams his club down into the fairway. Was it wrong of me to wish it had bounced back and hit him in the tenders?

• Funny 1

• iacas changed the title to 2021 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play
On 3/24/2021 at 2:46 PM, Zippo said:

Hutton slams his club down into the fairway. Was it wrong of me to wish it had bounced back and hit him in the tenders?

Sorry - I wrote Hutton instead of Hatton. Here he is with another club toss from today and the one from yesterday which was a real doozey:

8 hours ago, Zippo said:

Sorry - I wrote Hutton instead of Hatton. Here he is with another club toss from today and the one from yesterday which was a real doozey:

I can't get over the action on that iron shaft. Did you see that thing was bending and flexing for what seemed like forever. Yeah, I know it was in super-slow-mo but never-the-less it was interesting. I did not know Hatton was a club-chucker. 

7 hours ago, iacas said:

c9d70bd3b88bd7e59c37f7c897e1e4396a196ac8

I thought Bryson's comment was hilarious. Something like *I was trying to drive the green. I did it. It was just the wrong green*. 

• Thanks 1

How does everyone feel about the round robin versus single elimination format? Does the round robin take away some of the excitement? 

I have mixed feelings. I like seeing so much golf on W-F, but the excitement of single elim is tough to beat. 

7 minutes ago, Braivo said:

How does everyone feel about the round robin versus single elimination format? Does the round robin take away some of the excitement? 

I have mixed feelings. I like seeing so much golf on W-F, but the excitement of single elim is tough to beat. 

I like that they get a second chance. Sometimes the winner can come from someone who lost the first match.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I think it’s stupid that they save ALL of the A-B matches until Friday, when half of them are inconsequential to who moves on from the group.