IGNORED

Is Golf Back to Normal Where You Play?

Zippo
Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It may depend on the course here. From what I've seen, there are still no rakes, ball washers, water jugs, etc. It's not back to normal yet.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like to use caddies but I was staying away from using them until I got vaccinated. I feel better about it now and walking 18 holes with a good caddie is one of my joys in life. 

Bill M

16 minutes ago, phan52 said:

I like to use caddies but I was staying away from using them until I got vaccinated. I feel better about it now and walking 18 holes with a good caddie is one of my joys in life. 

What's a looper in Philly, with tip, run you these days?  That's a great route to go.  Used to caddie as as kid.

35 minutes ago, phan52 said:

Are push carts not a thing in Philly?

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

My club is pretty much back to normal.  2 riders per cart, rakes in bunkers, ball washers with water, food available inside, etc. Masks are optional except for staff...they must wear masks. The number of rounds is still very high and our number of golf members is close to maximum.  

Edited by RickK
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

This week, we've been notified that flag sticks can be pulled and the pvc is out of the cups. Ball washers are available. Still no rakes in the bunkers. No on course water coolers. 2 per cart. Bar and restaurant are fully open. Masks are recommended, but mandatory for staff.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

15 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If you've never had a (good) caddie you don't know what you're missing...

Unfortunately I have only played 1 course where a caddie was an option and I was already paired up with a dude in a cart!

I mostly play munis and public courses. No caddies, you either, ride, carry or push!

I had hoped one day to make it to Scotland, where my buddy stated weathered caddies know the course, curse at you and add to an already wonderful experience.

• Upvote 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

On 4/4/2021 at 6:56 AM, ghalfaire said:

No, masks still required in the club house, most courses don't have rakes at the traps, and many don't have ball washers, and almost all on course drinking fountains are secured.  However there are a few, and I mean a few, that have totally opened on the course.  But I don't know any that don't still require a mask in the pro shop/clubhouse.

I  played yesterday and need update this.  It would appear we are back to normal on the course.  Rakes in the traps, water in the ball washers,  no single rider golf carts in sight, and flags can be pulled.  The one exception is masks and distancing in the clubhouse and pro shops still in place.

Butch

Still not "normal" yet. We still have the things in the bottom of the cups and there are no ball washers or water coolers on the course. Some courses have the beverage cart going again, but not all of them.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I said the courses around me are back to normal but I don't recall any ball washers on the courses that I've played (3) this year.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I said the courses around me are back to normal but I don't recall any ball washers on the courses that I've played (3) this year.

No, It is a mixed bag in the SE corner of the Mitten [@dennyjones lives more north than I].  Some courses have adjustments to the hole while at the end of 2020, there were courses without any adjustments.  Some courses now have rakes with the bunkers but not all.  No ball washers.  No drinking water.  Most courses require 2 players per cart or a maximum of 2 carts per tee time.  Masks mandatory in the clubhouse.  No on-course beverages or food but some places allow inside dining/drinking as well as outside.  Carts are sanitized to varying degrees after use.

The number of rounds played continues to be very high and courses seem to be increasing prices and reducing  discounts in line with golf's new popularity.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

On 4/5/2021 at 5:28 PM, Elmer said:

Are push carts not a thing in Philly?

You cannot bring your own at my course. You have to use the ones they offer and they are way too heavy. I prefer to carry my bag than use one of those push carts. But I find it far better with a caddie as this 68 year old body prefers to walk the course unencumbered outside of the golf devils in my head. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill M

1 hour ago, phan52 said:

You cannot bring your own at my course. You have to use the ones they offer and they are way too heavy. I prefer to carry my bag than use one of those push carts. But I find it far better with a caddie as this 68 year old body prefers to walk the course unencumbered outside of the golf devils in my head. 

Sounds like your course is a bit greedy.  Next thing you know you won't be able to use your own clubs... you'll have to rent.

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!