• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Wrapped up another great trip to Erie, which means as usual I have a lot of homework to do. There's a lot of stuff (unsurprisingly) that @iacas has told me in the past that I'm still struggling with, like needing to be more calm and focused before every shot. Bear in mind if you do read this that these are my feels. Putting Erik checked my aim fairly early on. I do have an Edel putter, so the aim wasn't too bad. It was simply twisted slightly open at address. We also moved the ball back about half a ball and shifted my posture a little upright to get my eyes inside the ball. We did make a mechanical change to my stroke, as I swung the putter with my chest, essentially rotating my trunk around. Erik showed me how to swing the putter by keeping my sternum relatively still and letting my arms swing more around my body. The biggest change we implemented is putting with a purpose. As in, I wasn't really doing it. There were times on the course where my distance control was great and others when it was absolutely atrocious, with no real explanation. We figured out that I was basically spaced out and not really putting, just hitting the ball basically. We worked on some preshot stuff to feel the distance and for me to envision the hole as I make my stroke, to keep the target in focus the entire time. Short Game Mostly stuff I've already been taught. Softer arms in pitching, trust the pivot. I tend to use my arms too much and when I quiet them down, I don't allow myself to pivot fast enough because I'm worried I'll hit the ball too far so I end up hitting everything short. Trust the pivot. Chipping is less wrist hinge, butt of club stays pointing to my belly button. Need to be more calm before the shot. I also need to learn to use different clubs to vary trajectory. Full Swing I'll write this in a separate post. It's getting late and I don't want to do this section injustice by writing something up quickly.  
    • I was waiting for you to start chanting, “Vinsky, Vinksy”.  😁
  • Today's Birthdays

1. afair1
      afair1
      (18 years old)
    2. jesikalopez
      jesikalopez
      (26 years old)
    3. jpokracki
      jpokracki
      (60 years old)
    4. krupa
      krupa
      (46 years old)
    5. ppine
      ppine
      (71 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...