IGNORED

New CaddyTek 'EZ Tour' Model Push Cart

I’m 27 years young but carrying my bag on a weekly basis has caused some neck pain. I refuse to give up walking so I looked into getting a nice push cart for this season. Budget was $200 and preferences were something with a cooler pouch, a handbrake, and 3-wheeled. 

Lo and behold all of the popular clicgear and caddytek models are completely sold out everywhere I looked. It also seemed like if I wanted a  handbrake I’d have to buy one of the more expensive clicgear models. I was about to bite the bullet and pay $400 for one of the ones in stock when I decided to do a little more digging. I came across a little dealer called Sunrise and it showed they had an “EZ Tour” caddytek in stock. It has a handbrake and is $200!

I couldn’t find anyone else selling this particular model so I called them up and the lady told me this model is new. She confirmed they had it in stock too. So I placed an order and it should be here by next Wednesday. Super pumped and thought I’d share because A. it seems like the main criticisms of caddytek have always been the footbrakes and B. this dealer must have flown under the radar with their stock somehow so if you were trying to buy one, look them up and get it now. Cheers!

F382CB29-A701-4A2A-B675-C1B8D73770D5.jpeg

4C7D37A6-2A95-47C5-9928-2C527F8CA554.jpeg

Edited by ZANDER1994

• iacas changed the title to New CaddyTek 'EZ Tour' Model Push Cart
3 hours ago, ZANDER1994 said:

I’m 27 years young but carrying my bag on a weekly basis has caused some neck pain. I refuse to give up walking so I looked into getting a nice push cart for this season. Budget was $200 and preferences were something with a cooler pouch, a handbrake, and 3-wheeled. 

Lo and behold all of the popular clicgear and caddytek models are completely sold out everywhere I looked. It also seemed like if I wanted a  handbrake I’d have to buy one of the more expensive clicgear models. I was about to bite the bullet and pay $400 for one of the ones in stock when I decided to do a little more digging. I came across a little dealer called Sunrise and it showed they had an “EZ Tour” caddytek in stock. It has a handbrake and is $200!

I couldn’t find anyone else selling this particular model so I called them up and the lady told me this model is new. She confirmed they had it in stock too. So I placed an order and it should be here by next Wednesday. Super pumped and thought I’d share because A. it seems like the main criticisms of caddytek have always been the footbrakes and B. this dealer must have flown under the radar with their stock somehow so if you were trying to buy one, look them up and get it now. Cheers!

Looks good. 

I am also a fan of the hand brake. The foot brake is no good. 
This design really reminds me of the ClicGear. 

Good luck, let us know how it works out once you get it. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, ZANDER1994 said:

Looks like a decent cart. Can I ask why you don't like a foot brake? I had one on my push cart and it seemed to work fine. The hand brake looks to me like it has lots of parts making it more prone to failure. But, I've never used one so can't say.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Looks like a decent cart. Can I ask why you don't like a foot brake? I had one on my push cart and it seemed to work fine. The hand brake looks to me like it has lots of parts making it more prone to failure. But, I've never used one so can't say.

Honestly, I have never owned a push cart. All I did was sift through peoples opinions on the forums. The only consistent complaint I found with “cheaper” push carts (like sub $350) tended to be about the foot brakes. Some people seem to find them annoying after awhile. Maybe this is completely wrong, but I am also really tall and just felt like getting at the foot brake would force me to contort my back a bit more than a short person. Again, just the impression I got and not my actual experience. 

So the handbrake was really just on my “nice to have” list when I started shopping. Wasn’t expecting to find a model in my price range that actually had one. 

Edited by ZANDER1994

I am not sure why you guys need such expensive carts.  I have a two wheeled Inesis (from Decathlon) cart, without any brakes or fancy gadgets.  It cost me around $30.  Yes, it is a bit harder to pull uphill and obviously doesn't balance as well as a three wheeled version, but does it really make that much of a difference.  My home course has a stretch of four holes which are uphill/downhill, but barring that, the other 14 are fairly level, so it isn't a physical challenge to pull

3 hours ago, pganapathy said:

I am not sure why you guys need such expensive carts.

For me I saw so many reviews on the quality & longevity of the Clicgear carts. I chose that, knowing the higher cost, because I plan on using it for a very long time and longevity was important to me.

maybe less expensive might last as long but I will never know and thus will not regret it.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Zippo said:

Foot brakes suck. So much less convenient.

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

Did you check out Sun Mountain? I think their Speed Carts are the best in the business, they have a hand brake also.

Sun Mountain is good but not nearly as good as ClicGear.

3 hours ago, pganapathy said:

I am not sure why you guys need such expensive carts.  I have a two wheeled Inesis (from Decathlon) cart, without any brakes or fancy gadgets.  It cost me around $30.  Yes, it is a bit harder to pull uphill and obviously doesn't balance as well as a three wheeled version, but does it really make that much of a difference.  My home course has a stretch of four holes which are uphill/downhill, but barring that, the other 14 are fairly level, so it isn't a physical challenge to pull

Because you get what you pay for.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pganapathy said:

I have an inexpensive 3 wheel push cart.   It's light years better than a 2 wheel pull/push cart.   I agree with Erik, you get what you pay for.

• Thanks 1

Very nice @ZANDER1994!  I think you'll be happy with it.  While probably not exactly equal to the more expensive ClicGear and SunMountain carts, I think CaddyTek makes a good product.

I have owned a CaddyTek (CaddyLite 11.5) for about 7 years now, and I really liked it.  The biggest issue, and major design flaw, was the geometry.  The bag "leaned" back so far that the bag would actually fall over backwards with even the slightest incline towards the rear wheels, and the clubs covered up the scorecard holder and mesh pocket.  Despite that (pretty significant) design flaw, I loved it and probably walked 100+ rounds with it.

It seems like the one you posted, and even the more recent versions of the CaddyLite, have fixed that issue.

I didn't mind the foot brake, although I'd agree that a hand brake is much more convenient.

I just upgraded to a ClicGear 4.0 in the last couple weeks, because I plan to walk a lot this summer and I finally got tired of the funky geometry.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:22 AM, pganapathy said:

Quality of parts, longevity, features, rolling resistance etc. If I can keep the cart for 5+ years, the investment isn't that big. If I used it twice a year, a $30 or rental would probably do fine, but with double digit rounds a year, the stuff you pay for is noticeable.