Hi group - I am a former member, just now returning to the forum after being away a long time. Life stuff, you know. Anyway, recently retired and am looking to take my game to the next level. I practice at a range nearby nearly ever day and shoot in the upper 80s/low 90s.  I would like to make my practice more focused (I believe in drills). Maybe this question has posted before, so feel free to point me in the right direction. Should I just keep working stuff myself, find a live instructor or swing analysis of some kind. I took a lesson with Eric and also Evolvr swing analysis a long time ago. Thanks for any input. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely get back on evolvr. Hopefully you enjoyed the experience. Whatever you do though, it seems like the perfect time to shop around for a good coach, either online or live. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dave325 said:

Hi group - I am a former member, just now returning to the forum after being away a long time. Life stuff, you know. Anyway, recently retired and am looking to take my game to the next level. I practice at a range nearby nearly ever day and shoot in the upper 80s/low 90s.  I would like to make my practice more focused (I believe in drills). Maybe this question has posted before, so feel free to point me in the right direction. Should I just keep working stuff myself, find a live instructor or swing analysis of some kind. I took a lesson with Eric and also Evolvr swing analysis a long time ago. Thanks for any input. 

Happy to help you with focused practice and drills on Evolvr, again, sure.

Beyond that… do you have a Member Swing topic? Post there. Even if they're just basically notes to yourself with occasional video.

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Beyond that… do you have a Member Swing topic? Post there. Even if they're just basically notes to yourself with occasional video.

Hi Eric! Good to hear from you again! It’s been a long time. I hope your place up in Erie is doing well. I came there a number of years ago. I’ll jump in to Evolvr this week and check my My Swing site. I think I still have it on the site somewhere. Maybe once you see it, you can tell my if Evolvr would be a good solution. Thanks again. Best wishes. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Dave325 said:

Hi Eric! Good to hear from you again! It’s been a long time. I hope your place up in Erie is doing well. I came there a number of years ago. I’ll jump in to Evolvr this week and check my My Swing site. I think I still have it on the site somewhere. Maybe once you see it, you can tell my if Evolvr would be a good solution. Thanks again. Best wishes. 

Evolvr is still going, and it's doing well, and going strong. Helping a lot of people, and still a number here on the site are on it, too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Maybe once you see it, you can tell my if Evolvr would be a good solution. Thanks again. Best wishes. 

It will be :-)  When you have the time to practice, their priority pieces get you the most out of your practice.

[Also, side note, unrelated to practice:  I think you had an evolvr lesson with Erik, not Eric]

Welcome back to TST!  

10 hours ago, Dave325 said:

As others have said, Evolvr. Also, read this thread below about how to practice. 

Erik also created this great drill thread during the April lockdown last year. Lots of good drill to keep you occupied.

• Informative 1

11 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Welcome back. As a guy who's had to take a break from golf here and there do to life stuff, I can appreciate what you are going through. Good to have you back. 

BTW - I'm a big fan of drills as well. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Doing those drills is good @Dave325. Find the ones most relevant to you.

Thanks, Erik. I will do that. Much appreciated. 

11 hours ago, Shindig said:

[Also, side note, unrelated to practice:  I think you had an evolvr lesson with Erik, not Eric]

Welcome back to TST!  

Eric is his evil twin who yells at you to release the club all day and then when you tell him you don't know what he means, he kicks you in the shins. Actually, not a totally ineffective way of teaching for some.

No seriously, go see Erik in person if you still live nearby, @Dave325 . Just my opinion of course!

8 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Eric is his evil twin who yells at you to release the club all day and then when you tell him you don't know what he means, he kicks you in the shins. Actually, not a totally ineffective way of teaching for some.

No seriously, go see Erik in person if you still live nearby, @Dave325 . Just my opinion of course!

Yep, my bad on the typo. I made that trip up to Erie awhile back. It was a great day. I may start with the My Swing and Evolvr first.  Just a side note.... I know I am a bit late on the April drills, but I spent the afternoon working through the first couple drills at the range. That first drill was money! I had no idea that the initial move could improve my ball contact so much. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, iacas said:

Hi Erik - I posted a swing on my old My Swing site, but I noticed that it got buried into the old content. Is there a way delete or archive the old content. Not sure if others will be able to find the new swing I posted. Thanks. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Hi Erik - I posted a swing on my old My Swing site, but I noticed that it got buried into the old content. Is there a way delete or archive the old content. Not sure if others will be able to find the new swing I posted. Thanks. 

I’m not sure what you mean. It shows up as a new post.

I saw it. That’s why I merged it.

14 hours ago, iacas said:

I’m not sure what you mean. It shows up as a new post.

I saw it. That’s why I merged it.

Ah, thanks

• Administrator

People responded, too, yeah. So you're fine.

I wish people would just "unlist" their old videos. The first few pages of your topic look bad now.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

People responded, too, yeah. So you're fine.

I wish people would just "unlist" their old videos. The first few pages of your topic look bad now.

I was looking for a way to delete the old posts and clean things up a bit, but it doesn’t appear that there is a option. Shrug. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dave325 said:

I was looking for a way to delete the old posts and clean things up a bit, but it doesn’t appear that there is a option. Shrug. 

No, there's no option to do that, for good reasons including that it's part of your history here, other people took the time to comment and help, and so on.

It's off topic but it's like people only want their most recent 100 posts to show or something. People can look at the date that things are posted and realize that it's "old." Some of the old content here, however, is some of the best.

Your older (2015) posts highlight what you were working on then, how your swing has changed since, etc.