Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi group - I am a former member, just now returning to the forum after being away a long time. Life stuff, you know. Anyway, recently retired and am looking to take my game to the next level. I practice at a range nearby nearly ever day and shoot in the upper 80s/low 90s.  I would like to make my practice more focused (I believe in drills). Maybe this question has posted before, so feel free to point me in the right direction. Should I just keep working stuff myself, find a live instructor or swing analysis of some kind. I took a lesson with Eric and also Evolvr swing analysis a long time ago. Thanks for any input. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely get back on evolvr. Hopefully you enjoyed the experience. Whatever you do though, it seems like the perfect time to shop around for a good coach, either online or live. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Dave325 said:

Hi group - I am a former member, just now returning to the forum after being away a long time. Life stuff, you know. Anyway, recently retired and am looking to take my game to the next level. I practice at a range nearby nearly ever day and shoot in the upper 80s/low 90s.  I would like to make my practice more focused (I believe in drills). Maybe this question has posted before, so feel free to point me in the right direction. Should I just keep working stuff myself, find a live instructor or swing analysis of some kind. I took a lesson with Eric and also Evolvr swing analysis a long time ago. Thanks for any input. 

Happy to help you with focused practice and drills on Evolvr, again, sure.

Beyond that… do you have a Member Swing topic? Post there. Even if they're just basically notes to yourself with occasional video.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Happy to help you with focused practice and drills on Evolvr, again, sure.

Beyond that… do you have a Member Swing topic? Post there. Even if they're just basically notes to yourself with occasional video.

Hi Eric! Good to hear from you again! It’s been a long time. I hope your place up in Erie is doing well. I came there a number of years ago. I’ll jump in to Evolvr this week and check my My Swing site. I think I still have it on the site somewhere. Maybe once you see it, you can tell my if Evolvr would be a good solution. Thanks again. Best wishes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
19 minutes ago, Dave325 said:

Hi Eric! Good to hear from you again! It’s been a long time. I hope your place up in Erie is doing well. I came there a number of years ago. I’ll jump in to Evolvr this week and check my My Swing site. I think I still have it on the site somewhere. Maybe once you see it, you can tell my if Evolvr would be a good solution. Thanks again. Best wishes. 

Evolvr is still going, and it's doing well, and going strong. Helping a lot of people, and still a number here on the site are on it, too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Dave325 said:

 Maybe once you see it, you can tell my if Evolvr would be a good solution. Thanks again. Best wishes. 

It will be :-)  When you have the time to practice, their priority pieces get you the most out of your practice.

[Also, side note, unrelated to practice:  I think you had an evolvr lesson with Erik, not Eric]

Welcome back to TST!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
10 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Hi group - I am a former member, just now returning to the forum after being away a long time. Life stuff, you know. Anyway, recently retired and am looking to take my game to the next level. I practice at a range nearby nearly ever day and shoot in the upper 80s/low 90s.  I would like to make my practice more focused (I believe in drills). Maybe this question has posted before, so feel free to point me in the right direction. Should I just keep working stuff myself, find a live instructor or swing analysis of some kind. I took a lesson with Eric and also Evolvr swing analysis a long time ago. Thanks for any input. 

As others have said, Evolvr. Also, read this thread below about how to practice. 

Erik also created this great drill thread during the April lockdown last year. Lots of good drill to keep you occupied.

 

 

  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Hi group - I am a former member, just now returning to the forum after being away a long time. Life stuff, you know. Anyway, recently retired and am looking to take my game to the next level. I practice at a range nearby nearly ever day and shoot in the upper 80s/low 90s.  I would like to make my practice more focused (I believe in drills). Maybe this question has posted before, so feel free to point me in the right direction. Should I just keep working stuff myself, find a live instructor or swing analysis of some kind. I took a lesson with Eric and also Evolvr swing analysis a long time ago. Thanks for any input. 

Welcome back. As a guy who's had to take a break from golf here and there do to life stuff, I can appreciate what you are going through. Good to have you back. 

BTW - I'm a big fan of drills as well. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Doing those drills is good @Dave325. Find the ones most relevant to you.

Thanks, Erik. I will do that. Much appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, Shindig said:

[Also, side note, unrelated to practice:  I think you had an evolvr lesson with Erik, not Eric]

Welcome back to TST!  

Eric is his evil twin who yells at you to release the club all day and then when you tell him you don't know what he means, he kicks you in the shins. Actually, not a totally ineffective way of teaching for some.

No seriously, go see Erik in person if you still live nearby, @Dave325 . Just my opinion of course!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Eric is his evil twin who yells at you to release the club all day and then when you tell him you don't know what he means, he kicks you in the shins. Actually, not a totally ineffective way of teaching for some.

No seriously, go see Erik in person if you still live nearby, @Dave325 . Just my opinion of course!

Yep, my bad on the typo. I made that trip up to Erie awhile back. It was a great day. I may start with the My Swing and Evolvr first.  Just a side note.... I know I am a bit late on the April drills, but I spent the afternoon working through the first couple drills at the range. That first drill was money! I had no idea that the initial move could improve my ball contact so much. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/8/2021 at 9:57 PM, iacas said:

Happy to help you with focused practice and drills on Evolvr, again, sure.

Beyond that… do you have a Member Swing topic? Post there. Even if they're just basically notes to yourself with occasional video.

Hi Erik - I posted a swing on my old My Swing site, but I noticed that it got buried into the old content. Is there a way delete or archive the old content. Not sure if others will be able to find the new swing I posted. Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Hi Erik - I posted a swing on my old My Swing site, but I noticed that it got buried into the old content. Is there a way delete or archive the old content. Not sure if others will be able to find the new swing I posted. Thanks. 

I’m not sure what you mean. It shows up as a new post.

I saw it. That’s why I merged it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, iacas said:

I’m not sure what you mean. It shows up as a new post.

I saw it. That’s why I merged it.

Ah, thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator

People responded, too, yeah. So you're fine.

I wish people would just "unlist" their old videos. The first few pages of your topic look bad now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

People responded, too, yeah. So you're fine.

I wish people would just "unlist" their old videos. The first few pages of your topic look bad now.

I was looking for a way to delete the old posts and clean things up a bit, but it doesn’t appear that there is a option. Shrug. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Dave325 said:

I was looking for a way to delete the old posts and clean things up a bit, but it doesn’t appear that there is a option. Shrug. 

No, there's no option to do that, for good reasons including that it's part of your history here, other people took the time to comment and help, and so on.

It's off topic but it's like people only want their most recent 100 posts to show or something. People can look at the date that things are posted and realize that it's "old." Some of the old content here, however, is some of the best.

Your older (2015) posts highlight what you were working on then, how your swing has changed since, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Day 506 - May 17, 2021 Hit balls (including one ball into the parking lot) from the back of the range at Whispering Woods today. Didn't quite have the same feel as the other day, but… it's close.
    • So I was helping my daughter out at the back of the range today. I had chipped literally two 8-irons, then wanted her to take a break, so I said “watch this in case I duck hook it onto the practice green” (short game). I’m on the back of the range, hitting toward the mats that are 300 yards away. I hit it, a high seed, and… it hits by the mats (between two people, about six mats apart) and bounces into the parking lot. It’s a gravel parking lot, the ball didn’t go very far. But, ooooookay. So, that’s enough of that. My daughter was both in awe and frightened that I may have dented someone’s Honda. A student takes his Mevo out on the course to measure shots hit out there, and he said he measured my first tee shot a few days ago at 175 ball speed and 117.x (don’t remember the decimal value) clubhead speed. He bought a set of SuperSpeed sticks off eBay later that day. Wheeeeee.
    • I played as a 2 man in a pretty big local tournament that gets top flight guys. The course was set up long and tough, but weather was good. 1st day =X 2nd day =79 I hit the ball really well both days and would’ve shot in the 70s both days if I didn’t take an X on a hole. I didn’t know where to hit the tee shot, so my captain gave me a starting line hit the ball 15 yards right of the start line- quality drive, captain says that’s not bad, you can get home from there ball was lost on an overgrown hillside and the team was in good shape, so I sat in the cart instead of holding up play i had 50 yards of open fairway to the left thanks captain  Putting was bad but, even with a 5 putt (4 of them were within 3.5 feet and I tried on them all) - I scored pretty well and made a handful of birdies on a tough setup.
    • My biggest drop in handicap over two years was going from a 9.9 to a 3.9. How? I stayed out of the shit.... I called the zoo... I finally cured my hook (It came back again, then I was able to cure it again like literally today.)    @iacas will be the first one to tell you or you can tell for yourself, in My Swing Thread... my swing looks like an unfolding lawn chair. (I’ve taken literally four lessons in my 24 years playing golf). I can understand complex, like the number A# that Erik has on this site. I’m trying to learn to play golf with mostly a three-quarter swing. It is however a process. In the meantime, I aim away from the shit (darker zones), try to get on or around the green, and don’t do anything stupid when I do get out of position... basically “miss” straight... 
    • Yep. Jack was never so lucky to be gifted a major. Those club pros gave him their best every tournament in the early years! 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Billy B
      Billy B
      (42 years old)
    2. Golf hack
      Golf hack
      (61 years old)
    3. GrinderUK
      GrinderUK
      (61 years old)
    4. macuis
      macuis
      (38 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...