IGNORED

Typical Golfers vs. Typical TheSandTrap.Com Golfer

Effington

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t think we know this. There are plenty who come here to run their ball washers about more than golf. They don’t practice or care what their scores are. They don’t take golf seriously at all.

When I'm frustrated, I throw my clubs down the fairway in the direction I'm going so I don't slow play. Does that mean I take golf seriously?

8 hours ago, Zippo said:

When I'm frustrated, I throw my clubs down the fairway in the direction I'm going so I don't slow play. Does that mean I take golf seriously?

Overhand or underhand?

I do think the connection most on this site have is we like talking golf. Most want to improve as well, but may not currently have the time available to put in to improve.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision -MEVO+

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, Zippo said:

I saw a guy do this the other day with his 6 and 7 iron and both clubs landed within 5 feet of each other. I told him that he shouldn't get so angry but to check his lofts as he obviously had a gapping issue!  🤣

• Funny 1

Cobra LTDx 9* | Rad Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | 718 AP2 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | ProV1  

I believe there’s another thread that touches on this. It asked what do you want from the game of golf.  With that said, there are people who play a few times a month and maybe play 30 times a year. Maybe part of that is based on where people live.  There are probably many things that prevent someone from developing into a good golfer such as kids, work requirements, money, school and other things. Golf is time consuming as we all know.  When I was working I still managed close to or just above 100 rounds a year. Since retiring I’ve been over 240 a year. As of today I hit 70 rounds.

My HDCP floats between 4 to 6 throughout the year. I practice about 4 times a month. But  before I go out to play I get to the course a good hour before the tee time.  That’s were I focus on the area that gave me trouble the last few rounds.  Will I get better?  I’ve come to accept my capabilities and the scores that I shoot, but I’m never satisfied.  I average 78.2 per my HDCP this year, high of 83, low of 74.

I guess you get out of it what you put into it. Players enter the game at a particular skill level based on their athleticism which brings a certain level of hand eye coordination as well. From that point on they improve by putting in the time, finding good instruction and staying in shape. There are other factors I’m sure, we play a game that brings us happiness and sorrow.  I hope the former for all! 

• Thumbs Up 1