IGNORED

June 13, 2021 - PA/OH/NY Meetup (Deer Ridge GC, OH)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

49 minutes ago, iacas said:
  • The back (black) tees are 6584.
  • The next (blue) tees are 6081.

I would think most will play black, with a few on the blue.

@Hardspoon isn’t allowed to play from the forward tees anymore.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, billchao said:

Correct.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:
  • The back (black) tees are 6584.
  • The next (blue) tees are 6081.

I would think most will play black, with a few on the blue.

I am probably one of the shorter hitters in the group, 220-230 typical carry distance.  I mostly play 6,000 to 6,200 yard courses, but they are generally less wide open than Deer Ridge.  The score card looks like there are only 3 holes from the Black that I could have trouble reaching with 2 good shots (1, 13, and 14, in the 430 to 450 yard range).  And 2 of those 3 are likely downhill.  If everyone wants to play black, I am totally fine with that.  And if some others want to play blue, I could join them.  So no worries.

Marshall

2 hours ago, billchao said:

I won't be playing the forward tees - I'll be playing the Blue ones.  😉

(actually, at 71.8/129, I'm fine with the Black tees in this case...)

Is the course walkable?

Edited by Hardspoon

- John

7 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Is the course walkable?

If you like hills 😉 Doesn't look like it is spread out though (long distance between holes). 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

They’re forward of the tees @iacas and I will be playing from, so they’re forward tees 😜

• Funny 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Black tees for all! (Unless you're over the age of 60.)

Groupings are above.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

34 minutes ago, iacas said:

Black tees for all! (Unless you're over the age of 60.)

Groupings are above.

Looking forward to it. 
Playing the black tees that is... not turning 60. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

I don't actually care where people play. But, in carts, it's at least somewhat easier/faster if the carts play the same tees. Meaning the two people in each cart. So if you do have a mixed group, consider putting the black tee players together in a cart and the blue tee players together in the other cart.

But also, be a man, and play the black tees. 😉

Unless you're old. 😄

• Funny 1

• Administrator

BTW, Black Dog is supposedly very good. I think many of us can plan to eat there afterward. Quickly, yes, because we have to get home. But it'll also save us the travel time.

14 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

(actually, at 71.8/129, I'm fine with the Black tees in this case...)

Is the course walkable?

I like walking courses myself - plus, it's my cardio, haha.

14 hours ago, saevel25 said:

If you like hills 😉 Doesn't look like it is spread out though (long distance between holes). 

That said, if no one else is walking, I'll leave my cart at home.

13 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Looking forward to it. 
Playing the black tees that is... not turning 60. 

And, if we're riding, since I'm far removed from 60, want to share a cart, @ChetlovesMer?

12 hours ago, iacas said:

BTW, Black Dog is supposedly very good. I think many of us can plan to eat there afterward. Quickly, yes, because we have to get home. But it'll also save us the travel time.

I'm cool with whatever.  @iacas, are/can we carpool?  I don't see why we'd all have to drive ourselves and, at least in my case, after driving from NY to PA, and having to drive back a few days later, I'd prefer to not drive to Ohio.

As an aside, I'm really excited about this.  My work schedule has been crazy lately but should calm down after today so haven't practiced at all as of late, nor have I played, and, as such, I'm really excited to meetup and play with you all! 🙂

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

I like walking courses myself - plus, it's my cardio, haha.

That said, if no one else is walking, I'll leave my cart at home.

Nobody is walking.

1 minute ago, RFKFREAK said:

I'm cool with whatever.  @iacas, are/can we carpool?  I don't see why we'd all have to drive ourselves and, at least in my case, after driving from NY to PA, and having to drive back a few days later, I'd prefer to not drive to Ohio.

I'm riding down with @billchao and @boogielicious.

@Divot Master is driving from Erie, too. Send him a PM?

1:30

1. @Carl3
  2. @Divot Master
  3. @ChetlovesMer
  4. @RFKFREAK

1:40

1. @Hardspoon
  2. @saevel25
  3. @georgep
  4. @Braivo

1:50

1. @iacas
  2. @billchao
  3. @boogielicious
  4. @Slim_Pivot

Looks good. I will try to show up about an hour early to the first tee time. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Looks good. I will try to show up about an hour early to the first tee time. 

What's the range and/or putting green situation? Do you know? I think we'll probably do the same.

Looks like they have a range. Their website offers a range membership pass. The aerial view shows what looks like a putting green. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

What’s the over/under on white belts?

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Looks like they have a range. Their website offers a range membership pass. The aerial view shows what looks like a putting green. 

Great, not that I expect to benefit much from hitting some balls beforehand haha

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

15 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

What’s the over/under on white belts?

I’m wearing mine just to troll @ChetlovesMer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 2

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!