IGNORED

Transition Problems

Note: This thread is 1075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, JuliWooli said:

No, I acknowledged his reply and only pushed him for perhaps a little more. I did realise that he was finished with me when he said I should ask my all-knowing dad. :cry:

He let you know he was done trying to help you after you made it clear you weren’t going to provide video, he told you what your problem was not, and then after telling you what your problem was... his response was dismissed by you as surely that’s not it. So yes, I think he realized very quickly he’d be wasting his time with you. Anyway, maybe someone else will try to be helpful in a way that you deem helpful without you providing an actual swing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

His let you know he was done trying to help you after you made it clear you weren’t going to provide video and he told you what your problem was not, and then what your problem was only to be dismissed that his answer wasn’t correct. So yes, I think he realized very quickly he’d be wasting his time with you. Anyway, maybe someone else will try to be helpful in a way that you deem helpful without you providing an actual swing. 

I certainly didn't say his answer was incorrect. I agreed that my elbow was a work in progress and only sought a tip regarding down swing conditions.

I'm sure I was pretty clear on this.

4 minutes ago, JuliWooli said:

I certainly didn't say his answer was incorrect.

Maybe it’s me, but that’s not how I take “surely that’s not the reason..”

again, this is all irrelevant now. No need to dwell on it. Let’s let someone bring this back on topic!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

11 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Maybe it’s me, but that’s not how I take “surely that’s not the reason..”

again, this is all irrelevant now. No need to dwell on it. Let’s let someone bring this back on topic!

Back on topic...

I mentioned my right elbow at the beginning and stated clearly that I was still working on it. I only suggested that I felt my problem lay in the transition or downswing.

• Administrator

@JuliWooli

1 hour ago, JuliWooli said:

I'm happy to receive any advice and "The problem is your right elbow" is a throw away piece of free advice, but is it really helpful?

So my "advice" was "throw away" and not "really helpful" now? Okay.

Something more constructive like

It was the opener to a conversation, Juli.

Now that would be helpful.

Oh my.

36 minutes ago, JuliWooli said:

No, I acknowledged his reply and only pushed him for perhaps a little more.

"Surely you're wrong" (paraphrased, admittedly) isn't a great way to "push for a little more."

27 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

He let you know he was done trying to help you after you made it clear you weren’t going to provide video, he told you what your problem was not, and then after telling you what your problem was... his response was dismissed by you as surely that’s not it. So yes, I think he realized very quickly he’d be wasting his time with you. Anyway, maybe someone else will try to be helpful in a way that you deem helpful without you providing an actual swing.

Bingo.

1 minute ago, JuliWooli said:

I mentioned my right elbow at the beginning and stated clearly that I was still working on it. I only suggested that I felt my problem lay in the transition or downswing.

It's not.

Your transition and downswing are a result of the elbow.

But again, responses are all going to be of very limited value given you won't submit a video.

Now, yes, I'm done.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your transition and downswing are a result of the elbow.

Thank you. Now we're talking. That's all you had to say.

"Fix my backswing, get it on video and post it when I do." 

Thank you - the facts and truth , as I perceive them , sometimes rub against the normal swing instruction and thereby are usually discounted as being wrong. However , I will make an attempt—-

It is no doubt that the Right elbow is the pivot point of the golf swing ( reverse for a leftie ) , but no part of the human brain is dedicated to it’s elbows . More than 40 % is dedicated to its * dominant hands * . The other more than 40 % is dedicated to it’s head ( brain, to hear, see smell , etc; ) The hands  can’t go anywhere unless the arms take them so the arms are slave to it’s hands. If the right hand / thumb rotates 270 degrees CCW from a palm up position it’s right elbow will also rotate CCW  up and away from its torso. If the right hand / thumb rotates CW the opposite will occur. 
   You can jam you right elbow into your right hip area where it should be in a good DS and you can still easily rotate your right palm CW from a palm upward position 180 degrees to a right palm down position and this is the way the human is genetically designed and this is the problem most that causes most poor shots and bad swings. Knowledge of the human genetics design  is a major key to a successful golf swing. 

Good luck 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, JuliWooli said:

Thank you. Now we're talking. That's all you had to say.

"Fix my backswing, get it on video and post it when I do." 

I'd have gotten there if you hadn't just replied to say "nah, that's not it."

Why is it the person asking for the (free) help gets to dictate exactly how I'm supposed to reply, but… I can't do the same?

Maybe you should have replied "Hmmm, my right elbow, what do you mean? I'm trying to keep it off my ribs. So what do you think is wrong with what it is doing?"

Video, Juli. Still images won't help.

2 minutes ago, Lane Holt said:

Thank you - the facts and truth , as I perceive them

Facts are not "perceived."

It is no doubt that the Right elbow is the pivot point of the golf swing ( reverse for a leftie )

Oh boy.

It is no doubt that the Right elbow is the pivot point of the golf swing ( reverse for a leftie ) , but no part of the human brain is dedicated to it’s elbows . More than 40 % is dedicated to its * dominant hands * . The other more than 40 % is dedicated to it’s head ( brain, to hear, see smell , etc; ) The hands  can’t go anywhere unless the arms take them so the arms are slave to it’s hands. If the right hand / thumb rotates 270 degrees CCW from a palm up position it’s right elbow will also rotate CCW  up and away from its torso. If the right hand / thumb rotates CW the opposite will occur.
   You can jam you right elbow into your right hip area where it should be in a good DS and you can still easily rotate your right palm CW from a palm upward position 180 degrees to a right palm down position and this is the way the human is genetically designed and this is the problem most that causes most poor shots and bad swings. Knowledge of the human genetics design  is a major key to a successful golf swing.

This isn't helpful to her at all.

It's somehow actually less helpful than the back-and-forth semantic bullshit argument above has been.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

iacas ,

Please explain to me your connection to this forum ? Are you the owner or designated pro authority?  I do need to know so i won’t upset you ! I need to know the rules . 
    Thanks 

I respect the desire for privacy with the face, but why the mountains in the background of the down the line shot?

Michael

11 minutes ago, Lane Holt said:

Good luck   

Thank you @Lane Holt

I am a right handed golfer and I swing with right hand dominance. I would love you to simplify what you were saying. I'm sorry but most of it was way over my head. I recently learned how to reverse into a WIDE parking position.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Lane Holt said:

Please explain to me your connection to this forum ? Are you the owner or designated pro authority?  I do need to know so i won’t upset you ! I need to know the rules.

Figure it out for yourself, Lane. It's not that difficult.

Also, there's basically nothing within the context of discussing golf that you can do that would get anywhere close to "upsetting" me.

34 minutes ago, mchepp said:

I respect the desire for privacy with the face, but why the mountains in the background of the down the line shot?

Sieht du Berge. Du bist ein Genie!

2 hours ago, JuliWooli said:

I'm happy to receive any advice and "The problem is your right elbow" is a throw away piece of free advice, but is it really helpful?

Something more constructive like, "Take a look at this Pat Perez video where he explains how he solved the same problem after steepening his swing. Or another video where Rick Fowler got really flat on the downswing or go to page 48 of the 'Little Red Book' where Harvey Keitel describes this common fault in detail."

Now that would be helpful.

I've been rumbled! I'm sure long before now.

1 hour ago, Lane Holt said:

iacas ,

Please explain to me your connection to this forum ? Are you the owner or designated pro authority?  I do need to know so i won’t upset you ! I need to know the rules . 
    Thanks 

Here are the rules. Please review them. Also, please don’t make unnecessary comments in other member’s threads.

https://thesandtrap.com/a/faq/

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I hope @Patrick57 doesn't have trouble "transitioning" to life without TST yet again.

Juli,

Our dominant hands perform millions of everyday task for us that are in our subconscious mind. We never give them a thought. However, the golf swing is NOT in our subconscious mind . It is a learned conscious task that is totally foreign and opposite to human genetics. If it was NATURAL NBA and NFL and other great PRO athletes would be leading the PGA tour . 
  Our shoulders ( upper arms ) are the most flexible joints in our body . This enables our dominant HANDS to bring food to our mouths so we could survive as humans and they will ALWAYS roll over, turn down unless we force them / teach them to perform otherwise . The DS only takes 2/10 seconds . Whatever key you choose to use must be  preprogrammed / prepared before you ever pull the shaft back . The human brain can only sort out and perform ONE ( 1 ) task in that short amount of time . So - what is that one thought to be ? Well - their is a direct connection between the brain and it’s dominant hand . The right in your case . It is responsible for dropping the entire lever system down back around behind our torso and to stay right palm upward during the entire DS . If we don’t we definitely know what is going to happen and you can see it on any range in the world . It is the turning of the torso ( inner circle ) that squares the face, not the hands !
Yes - I know this sounds radical and some will say so , but check out * Cortical Homunculus * and see where I am coming from. 
thanks for your reply .

Good luck

14 minutes ago, Lane Holt said:

Juli,

Our dominant hands perform millions of everyday task for us that are in our subconscious mind. We never give them a thought. However, the golf swing is NOT in our subconscious mind . It is a learned conscious task that is totally foreign and opposite to human genetics. If it was NATURAL NBA and NFL and other great PRO athletes would be leading the PGA tour . 
  Our shoulders ( upper arms ) are the most flexible joints in our body . This enables our dominant HANDS to bring food to our mouths so we could survive as humans and they will ALWAYS roll over, turn down unless we force them / teach them to perform otherwise . The DS only takes 2/10 seconds . Whatever key you choose to use must be  preprogrammed / prepared before you ever pull the shaft back . The human brain can only sort out and perform ONE ( 1 ) task in that short amount of time . So - what is that one thought to be ? Well - their is a direct connection between the brain and it’s dominant hand . The right in your case . It is responsible for dropping the entire lever system down back around behind our torso and to stay right palm upward during the entire DS . If we don’t we definitely know what is going to happen and you can see it on any range in the world . It is the turning of the torso ( inner circle ) that squares the face, not the hands !
Yes - I know this sounds radical and some will say so , but check out * Cortical Homunculus * and see where I am coming from. 
thanks for your reply .

Good luck

Juli was banned for being an imposter. He was a formerly banned troll who kept signing in with new usernames and from different IP addresses.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!