IGNORED

A Rough Day at the Golf Course

When he took out that flag and starting hitting him with it, I found it very difficult to hold a laugh in. 😂😂

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As if nobody has ever gotten in a fight on the golf course before.

The flag stick is pretty funny. Must have been some expensive golf clubs to not have those come into play. 

The brevity of it reminds us how tiring fighting can be as we get older. 

Collared shirts must be worn at all times on the golf course. He should have been tossed. 

Obviously, he wanted the flag out. 

I heard you hit the flagstick today! Uh, no I got hit by the flagstick. 

That's the last time he plays the foot wedge and decides to take par and win the hole. 

Golf is a civilized game. Where are my boxing gloves? 

Oy!...Two lard asses begging to be knocked out. I haven’t seen someone serve up their faces for a beating like they did in a long time.

:bugout:

What possesses someone that old to fight like that?

I thought people got mellower as they age - you know like old grandpa just sits on his rocking chair watching the world go by...

• 1 month later...

Luckily nobody pulled out any golf clubs and started swinging.  That has the potential to get messy fast

On 4/15/2021 at 4:55 PM, mcanadiens said:

The brevity of it reminds us how tiring fighting can be as we get older. 

Oh my goodness, this is so true. I can't tell you the number of "old guys" I've seen get into it only to peter out because fighting is so exhausting. 

On 4/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, TourSpoon said:

Obviously, he wanted the flag out. 

Giggle.... that's the same joke I was going to make. 🤣

Oddly, the two guys kind of looked alike. Are we sure they aren't bothers? Maybe they were playing together and finally got into it over which one of them always had the middle seat in the car growing up, or who got a bigger slice of birthday cake, or something?

Maybe it was a sibling spat that finally came to a head on the golf course? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • We stay in the Santa Rosa Beach / Blue Mountain Beach area just about every year (save the occasional switch to Hilton Head Island...which we did again this year).  Windswept in Freeport is one of my go-to visits.  Spectacular is probably a little strong, but I do like the place.  The value is especially good since you're inland, non-resort.  I like the layout--less water-everywhere-target-golf, and more, well, 'windswept dunes'--and it's pretty open so you can be aggressive off the tee when you're playing well.  The only negatives are the drive from the beach, relative to the other area courses--and, being inland, you lose the sea breeze...so feels much hotter and the flying insects can get a little bothersome.  Take your sun screen and bug spray. Beyond Windswept, I've probably played the Sandestin resort courses the next-most...including the Links probably most often (I can be frugal  ).  It is a little tight and watery, but still a nice layout.  In spite of that, I've put up some of my better scores there, including a hole-out from ~102y a couple of years ago on one of the prettier holes on the bay.  That was a nice memory.   You guys enjoy your trips & rounds.  May the birdies be plentiful.
    • Yeah, the conditions/manicuring/upkeep actually looked like a higher end public course around here 
    • Thanks, @boogielicious. I found it in the updated app and it seems to function fine. Nice big map image of the holes with distances to all hole features. I'll check it out on the course. My phone is already on my cart and running Arccos so it'll be interesting to see if, as @Shindig suggests, it places too much additional demand on the battery. I see the green maps are an additional charge. Probably not for me, at my skill level.
    • I am generally hesitant to do anything with my phone during a round (my previous phone, which I replaced over two and a half years ago, went through battery like it was candy), but I may check this out at some point, if nothing else so I have a backup for my laser and my GPS device.
    • I just opened and looked at my USGA GHIN app and don't see a GPS option. Where is it located? Ahhh, never mind. Found out that there's an app update that needs to be installed. I'll check it out after the update is complete. Thanks.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Duby27
      Duby27
      (38 years old)
    2. Joe Guastella
      Joe Guastella
      (37 years old)
    3. Ladysmanfelpz
      Ladysmanfelpz
      (31 years old)
    4. LarryEdwards
      LarryEdwards
      (42 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...