IGNORED

2021 PGA Championship @ Kiawah Island Ocean Course

iacas
Note: This thread is 1065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It’ll be interesting to see the viewing numbers. Guessing they’ll be really good. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I thought it was pretty intense up to 18 approach simply because it’s Phil. Look what Tringale did. Phil is very capable of something like that. 

This is the point I was getting at. I was concerned until he hit the 18th green. 

There’s a reason he’s nicknamed Phil the Thrill. I call him The Gambler. 

• Funny 4

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Getting a sense of something is a real thing. That doesn't mean for sure it will happen. I think it and "reasonable expectation" are two sides of the same coin.

It's all premonition and poppycock.  From Wikipedia:. " Precognition, also called prescience, future vision, or future sight, is a claimed psychic ability to see events in the future. As with other paranormal phenomena (golf for instance), there is no accepted scientific evidence that precognition is a real effect, and it is widely considered to be pseudo science."

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's all premonition and poppycock.  From Wikipedia:. " Precognition, also called prescience, future vision, or future sight, is a claimed psychic ability to see events in the future. As with other paranormal phenomena (golf for instance), there is no accepted scientific evidence that precognition is a real effect, and it is widely considered to be pseudo science."

I knew you would come up with something like that.

• Funny 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Wow, I thought the ending was pretty exciting. I'm not going to debate someone else's feelings but I would definitely disagree with those saying it wasn't. Phil was obviously playing well but he was by no means "automatic" and there were plenty of ways there could've been a two stroke swing in those last two holes. 

Whether you like him or not, I believe Koepka has a legitimate beef. On the 18th hole yesterday, the fans were quite overwhelming and could have hurt the golfers, especially BK with his bad knee. All day yesterday, the fans seemed like fans from #16 at the WMO, drunk and rowdy. The fans don't seem to carry with them the same sort of respect that you would expect that the game of golf tries to represent itself by, cordial, and conforming to etiquette. Maybe beer should not be sold at PGA events, but you know the revenue that is involved with that. IMO, fans are trying to grab a piece of importance by getting close to the golfers (famous) and feeling like they are their best friend. Very insecure, imo. How do you control these rowdy, somewhat drunken crowds?

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

38 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I used to run the catering at an England cricket venue. Lots of boisterous fans. 

1 Close the bars for a couple of hours in the middle of the day.

2. Limit the number of beers sold per transaction

3. Increase prices

4. Encourage sales of low strength lager. 

Edited by Beastie

Stevie T

E2Hts23XoAAf05t.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Steve

If the PGA stayed at its original calendar date, Mickelson would get to claim one more year, winner at 51, lol. 50 11/12 doesn't quite have a ring to it.

Steve

7 hours ago, billchao said:

Sure you can and I did. My “gut” said he wasn’t going to blow it, and I was right.

I'm pretty much sure that we all hoped he would, and he did. But no, you sure can't. I'm not arguing with your right to say you found  the final holes to be boring. I actually found then incredibly exciting. But please don't pretend there is such a thing as precognition.

Did you turn off the Masters in 2019 when Tiger was on the 17th? Or after Phil putted out on 17 at Winged Foot?

Whether or not you have powers that no one on the history of the planet has been proven to possess it was still interesting. :-)

3 hours ago, Beastie said:

I used to run the catering at an England cricket venue. Lots of boisterous fans. 

1 Close the bars for a couple of hours in the middle of the day.

2. Limit the number of beers sold per transaction

3. Increase prices

4. Encourage sales of low strength lager. 

You forgot number 5. Push them into the Swilken Burn like they did in 2000. That's the British way :-)

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Way to go, Phil!

What a great win for him. With Tiger in crutches and the old guard mostly being old, Phil steps up. On a long and difficult course at that.

You can say what you want about Phil, but he’s a character and has brought a lot of emotion and entertainment into golf. I’ve never had a beef with him and just enjoyed the show thats is Phil Mickelson. We need golfers like him to liven things up. He’s been a consistent rival for Tiger all these years and could have won a lot more majors.

Also fun to see Harrington (49) up there. Been ages since I’ve seen him in contention.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

4 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Whether you like him or not, I believe Koepka has a legitimate beef. On the 18th hole yesterday, the fans were quite overwhelming and could have hurt the golfers, especially BK with his bad knee. All day yesterday, the fans seemed like fans from #16 at the WMO, drunk and rowdy. The fans don't seem to carry with them the same sort of respect that you would expect that the game of golf tries to represent itself by, cordial, and conforming to etiquette. Maybe beer should not be sold at PGA events, but you know the revenue that is involved with that. IMO, fans are trying to grab a piece of importance by getting close to the golfers (famous) and feeling like they are their best friend. Very insecure, imo. How do you control these rowdy, somewhat drunken crowds?

It was a little like a college football game where they rush the field and pile on the players.  Always looks like someone could get hurt easily.  I'm glad nobody got hurt.  I will admit, it was great to see the emotion of the crowd.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

6 minutes ago, StuM said:

It was a little like a college football game where they rush the field and pile on the players.  Always looks like someone could get hurt easily.  I'm glad nobody got hurt.  I will admit, it was great to see the emotion of the crowd.

In fairness to the gallery, it's pretty unavoidable due to the geography of the place. Everyone converges on the 18th hole and wants a view of the green. The marshals can form a cordon, but once the dam breaks, that's it. If a rope is put up and several thousand people don't know it's there and surge forward, they don't and can't just suddenly stop,

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

58 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I'm pretty much sure that we all hoped he would, and he did. But no, you sure can't. I'm not arguing with your right to say you found  the final holes to be boring. I actually found then incredibly exciting. But please don't pretend there is such a thing as precognition.

Did you turn off the Masters in 2019 when Tiger was on the 17th? Or after Phil putted out on 17 at Winged Foot?

Whether or not you have powers that no one on the history of the planet has been proven to possess it was still interesting. :-)

How the hell did we get on precognition? FFS, I make a comment about having a feeling that the tournament was over and you’re accusing me of claiming to be psychic? Ever hear of intuition?

I want some of whatever it is you’re smoking down there 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

In fairness to the gallery, it's pretty unavoidable due to the geography of the place. Everyone converges on the 18th hole and wants a view of the green. The marshals can form a cordon, but once the dam breaks, that's it. If a rope is put up and several thousand people don't know it's there and surge forward, they don't and can't just suddenly stop,

Lol, yes, once the masses start to move, I'm not sure how a few marshals with their arms extended can stop them. Like Stu said, I'm glad nobody got hurt. It sort of reminded me of this game:

https://youtu.be/6xbbrLBX0rk

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Note: This thread is 1065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!