IGNORED

2021 PGA Championship @ Kiawah Island Ocean Course

2 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I just read the Fowler short mis on 17 cost him an invite to next years Masters and PGA. Hopefully it won’t come back to haunt him. He played well. 

I feel like Rickie will get it back together sooner rather than later.  I mean, if Jordan can lol...

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our Asst. Pro - Larkin Gross just finished 4th in the PGA Professional Championship and will be teeing it up here, as one of the PGA Team of 20.   

Phil is the first AARP Major winner!

Posted Images

• Administrator
WW5TEMFYDUI6XPCKMKCJZ5WMVE.jpg&w=1440

On Kiawah Island, S.C., one of golf's seaside gems will host this week's PGA Championship. But on Kiawah, and across the world, golf communities are bracing for the impacts of climate change.
  • Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, billchao said:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say. Are you saying intuition = precognition? They’re not the same thing.

I don’t know what someone else bringing up precognition has to do with me.

No your quote perfectly responded to the first quote. I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

For all the gearheads on this forum read about Phil's driver he put in the bag for Kiawah.  

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond (6 degrees @5.5 , green dot cog)
Shaft: Fujikura Ventus Black 6 X (47.9 inches)

Phil-Mickelson-bag.jpg

The left-hander made a change to his bag at the start of last week.

Changing the subject, but here is a quote from a Golf Digest article about Kiawah and the course setup.

Only once in the last decade has a course yielded a higher scoring average than the Ocean Course’s 74.57 when it last held the PGA Championship (only outdone by the borderline setup for the 2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills). For this year’s PGA Championship the Ocean Course added seven new tee boxes and has the flexibility to stretch to nearly 7,900 yards, which with the coastal winds might as well be equivalent to the distance to the sun. It may not ever play that distance, but regardless, Kerry Haigh, the PGA’s director of championships and wizard of course setups, believes the Ocean Course remains “second to none in terms of challenges.”

I liked how they setup the 3rd hole on Sunday moving the tee forward to make it drivable; but the hole was still a challenge because of the green. Overall, as someone whos has played the OC multiple times and thoroughly enjoys it, I thought the setup was excellent.

1621382132550.png

We used average player data from Kiawah to showcase the staggering difference between tour players and regular golfers.

This is from the golf subreddit, I think it's an actual photo, unaltered mostly.

yj9yc30bj4171.jpg

17 hours ago, MiuraMan said:

For all the gearheads on this forum read about Phil's driver he put in the bag for Kiawah.  

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond (6 degrees @5.5 , green dot cog)
Shaft: Fujikura Ventus Black 6 X (47.9 inches)

Phil-Mickelson-bag.jpg

The left-hander made a change to his bag at the start of last week.

On the topic of BDC, Phil's driver configuration seems awfully familiar...if BDC loses a major but can plausibly argue the winner had equipment inspired by him can he claim 0.25 title credit? 😅

4 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

On the topic of BDC, Phil's driver configuration seems awfully familiar...if BDC loses a major but can plausibly argue the winner had equipment inspired by him can he claim 0.25 title credit? 😅

Phil was out driving Koepka, so whatever his set up was, it’s working.

2 minutes ago, MiuraMan said:

Do you think it will work at Torrey Pines (US Open)? Will he even keep it in play?

Phil plays well at Torrey, but Phil is Phil. He could go all squirrelly off the tee.

27 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Phil was out driving Koepka, so whatever his set up was, it’s working.

Not being scared of swinging a 48" driver shaft in competition seems like it was a big contributor to his success.