IGNORED

2021 PGA Championship @ Kiawah Island Ocean Course

iacas
Note: This thread is 1059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

That is some white sand!  Almost looks like snow...

On 4/16/2021 at 7:45 AM, dennyjones said:

me too.   It will be great to see the actual course.  

After reading about the 17th hole I had to go in and play it for myself... from the back tees.

56 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I hope they don’t give too much tv time to Daly. Just had enough of him and his silly brand. Nice he’s given to some charities but damn…it’s just gotten old for me. 

His swing is prettier then his clothes.:-)

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Shorty said:

I know -  I think it would be very possible to lose three balls on every hole. And that's if you picked up after losing your third.

But @Bucki1968thinks it's pretty easy so I'm sure we'll see him contending on the weekend. 🤣

http://ncrdb.usga.org/courseTeeInfo.aspx?CourseID=8064

I didn't think it was "hard," but please, tell me about how I'm going to lose 3 balls a hole. 🙂 No, I didn't play it at 7800 yards, but I did on a windy day at 7150.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bryson won't make the cut (or, since the cutline is the top 70 plus ties), he'll be at the very bottom of the cut if he makes it. I'll take Sam Burns for the win at -11.

Toying with the idea of subscribing to ESPN+ to watch the early streaming coverage.  Looks like it's $5.99/month.  Then cancel at the end of the month.

• Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

2 hours ago, iacas said:

http://ncrdb.usga.org/courseTeeInfo.aspx?CourseID=8064

I didn't think it was "hard," but please, tell me about how I'm going to lose 3 balls a hole. 🙂 No, I didn't play it at 7800 yards, but I did on a windy day at 7150.

That was hyperbole ( should've used an exaggeration emoji) and you are a professional. I am talking about someone who might like to call himself a "mid handicapper". Again - I should have specifically stated that I am not talking about a genuine plus handicapper, but we are going to see some high scores. I could easily see someone hitting into the marshes off the tee, then into the water and then in the scrub around the green. I am thinking of Ben Whoverheis in the recent EAL "Breaking Sawgrass" thing where a "14"has 148. Obviously he was closer to 34 than 14.

But I think we can safely say that it is a "hard" golf course. 

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

15 hours ago, Vinsk said:

~7800yds. I don’t care if it was a vacuum. That’s hard.

Well...we didn't play it at that yardage. We played much shorter ( I wanna say it was like 6800). Off the tee it's not really are that hard. The fairways are pretty big and you have some room to one side or the other. I assume they made the fairways smaller for the PGA but when we played it, I bet some of the holes had 75 yard wide fairways. Around the green was tough but like I said earlier, it wasn't really windy and greens are big so I didn't think it was that tough on that particular day. It seems like the course did not play as long as the yardage. Maybe it was just me?

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

This is apparently the longest course in a major ever.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Our Asst. Pro, struggled through the front 9 at +6.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Maybe. If tipped out. Which it won’t be.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Maybe. If tipped out. Which it won’t be.

Do they post the yardage it plays each day? It’s the longest if tipped out at least. But the same could probably be said about the 2017 US Open. If they just go by the tipped out distances, it might not have played 7741 in 2017.

With a scorecard yardage of 7,876 yards, it will be the longest major venue in history. It is 135 yards longer than the previous record holder, Erin Hillls, the host of the 2017 U.S. Open.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

47 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Am not sure how long it really is.  Admittedly this is Rory, one of the longest players on tour, but a 571 yard par 5 he hits driver 7 iron to get on the green.  🤯

Maybe it is just long for us normal people

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I take it PGA Championship is the only major without online streaming?  

You need to sign up and pay for ESPN+ to get the contents other majors offer for free?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 hour ago, Yukari said:

I take it PGA Championship is the only major without online streaming?  

You need to sign up and pay for ESPN+ to get the contents other majors offer for free?

I figured it was worth $5.99 for me.

3 hours ago, Zeph said:

Do they post the yardage it plays each day? It’s the longest if tipped out at least. But the same could probably be said about the 2017 US Open. If they just go by the tipped out distances, it might not have played 7741 in 2017.

3 hours ago, pganapathy said:

Am not sure how long it really is. 

Here’s today:

314E69F3-C8F9-4D35-BE7F-C98E3E6F6EEF.thumb.png.1b567667b00de1535e4072910b39bd30.png

• Informative 2

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

42 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Here’s today:

314E69F3-C8F9-4D35-BE7F-C98E3E6F6EEF.thumb.png.1b567667b00de1535e4072910b39bd30.png

Again, like I said, for you and me, these are long holes and courses.  In a 570 yard par 5 I would probably be going driver, 4 hybrid and then 7 iron.  Rory is going driver 7 iron.  Yes, he is one of the longer players on tour, but when they are playing a 7 iron for their second shot into a par 5, what is truly long for them 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator
1 minute ago, pganapathy said:

Again, like I said, for you and me, these are long holes and courses.  In a 570 yard par 5 I would probably be going driver, 4 hybrid and then 7 iron.  Rory is going driver 7 iron.  Yes, he is one of the longer players on tour, but when they are playing a 7 iron for their second shot into a par 5, what is truly long for them 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Straight downwind and firm. They're also hitting 7-irons into par fours.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m playing along on the WGT Golf Game. I’m sitting-2 after the first round! It’s really cool to see the holes live. The game is pretty close.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!