IGNORED

Greatest Comeback

What’s the greatest comeback you’ve ever made in a round of golf? It can be when you’ve started a round poorly and played well the last several holes or you were in a match and came back from a huge deficit. I’ve got two, one from each of those categories.

•I remember not too long ago I was +13 through five holes and seemingly on my way to a three-digit score. But I played the last thirteen holes at +9 to shoot 94. Usually I’d be disappointed with 94 but not on that day.

•This was from about two years ago. I was playing a nine hole stroke match with a teammate and I was three strokes down after only two holes. I rallied to tie the match going to the last, then we tied the ninth hole and I won in a puttoff.

I also had a near-comeback on virtual golf, so I figured I’d share it here as well😃.

In one tournament on a pretty easy course, I was -9 going into the fourth round and nine strokes back, dead and buried. But I made two eagles in the final round, shot a twelve-under 59 and finished only a shot back.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

had two birdies and still managed to be 13 over 8 holes in.

Had 1 birdie, 1 bogey and 8 pars rest of the way, first time I had ever shot even par for 9 holes. My next outing was a 9 hole round where I shot 1 under. To this day still the only time I have ever shot even 9 or better for 9 holes or more.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Last Thursday at my Spark Golf match, I opened with a double bogey.  I hit a five-iron high off the face, leaving myself a little over 200 yards across a ravine.  Then I topped a three-hybrid into the lake at the bottom of the ravine.  I dropped and hit my fourth shot onto the green and two putted for double bogey.  Normally, I would have probably folded like a Dollar Tree lawn chair.  But I didn't, and I managed to go three over for the other eight holes to card a 41.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades