IGNORED

How Hard Should You Swing?

Note: This thread is 1078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 hours ago, phan52 said:

Tempo is the #1 key for me. What I think is a slower swing is just being in rhythm. I believe the clubhead speed is probably the same, maybe even more, it's just that I am getting to the ball in rhythm.

What part of the swing do you find hardest not to rush?

8 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Beginning of downswing. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Feel ain’t real.

Effort ain’t speed.

You’re likely swinging almost as fast, it just feels like less effort because things are better sequenced.

Agree! Hard and fast don’t have to go together.

My thought is you should swing “as hard” as you can while maintaining good control for the shot. Yes that is vague. There is a point where sequence becomes erratic and a point where shape and contact become noticeably more predictable. 

somewhere between those 2 points is the optimal balance for you to score and what that feels like is unique to the golfer. For me it is as hard as I can while feeling like the club stays in front of my chest. That is not what the swing looks like or is but hat is the feel for me. As soon as I swing harder than that feel contact, face to path and low point suffer.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:54 AM, lastings said:

Beginning of downswing. 

Thank you for making me feel better about myself. So difficult to keep patient for that split second after firing the hips. I have also found that thinking about swinging less hard helps but it still goes out the window when tired or knowing I want to really blast one.

Edited by measureoffsetinnm

On 4/30/2021 at 11:36 PM, measureoffsetinnm said:

The start of my downswing. It sometimes keeps me from getting to the top of my swing and it throws the rhythm way off. 

• Like 1

Bill M

Note: This thread is 1078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!