• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Not sure about middle schoolers, but I found out at some point early in my golf playing that the high school I went to was notorious for cheating at golf.  Supposedly the coach had players cut a hole in a pocket so they could drop a ball.  I didn't play in high school, but I know who the golf coach was when I was there and it wouldn't surprise me if he did that. I didn't realize there was a reason to not clean one's clubs.  After a shot, I'll almost always wet then dry the face of a club, and I'll check if a face is clean before I hit and will give it a quick wiping before hitting if I think it needs it.  I thought that I did was far more common practice. 
    • No clue how to repair something like that, but I am wondering how a club gets a dent like that in it. That is a serious crater.
    • I’m not an expert on this subject by any means but I would say no it can’t be fixed. Caught my attention because I have the g400 3h and it’s a great club. 
    • I know this is a rare bird and there may not be any help other than trashing the head after pulling the shaft.  On a whim, I found a Ping G400 4h real cheap on the 'bay ($30 plus $15 so I am about $ 50 in).  I knew there were some serious scratches on top, but did not really look at the photos to notice it has a major dent on the top near the toe side.  It is on the way here, so I don't have any actual photos to share.  Here is the photo from the auction.  My real questions are - can the head be repaired (I have been researching this and there is not a lot out there as it relates to golf clubs)?  If repaired, does it become a "non-conforming" club per USGA rules, I don't think it matters as I am not planning to enter any tourney's any time soon.  This may be a grand adventure as I have read that applying heat with a heat gun, followed by Dust-It type spray (CO2) to super chill will get the metal to move.  Will have to see....  
    • Day 284: Worked a bit on my priority pieces with a new drill to feel the left leg push back. Then worked on tempo.
  • Today's Birthdays

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...