I'm just curious how many golfers store their clubs in their car. There are several schools of thought regarding this practice. My own situation makes it difficult to tote my clubs back and forth from condo to car. I have to carry my bag (which is a full load) down two very long hallways and ride an elevator three floors to my parking spot. Keeping the bag in the car just seems easier. But here in the Florida sun, my car heats up quickly as it's on the garage rooftop with no shade. This compromises the glue in my grips and the hosel. Plus has the potential to shorten the life of my balls.

In the past few months, I have been experimenting with a prototype cover for my bag which has lowered the bag temperature dramatically in my car. 

If anyone is interested in knowing more about this heat reduction development, let me know.

The Florida sun is no joke, especially in the summer.  With that said, the trunk is a better option than in the cabin if you have to leave your bag in your car.  I avoid leaving anything valuable in my car for fear of theft and I consider my clubs valuable.  My truck doesn't have a trunk, but even then its just something I don't even chance. 

The other heat sensitive item has got to be shoes. You will be on the golf course one day and the bottoms will just fall right off.  

I think leaving the clubs in the car where it’s hot contributes to the classic sliding down of the ferrule. I’m sure the glue/epoxy gets soft after long exposure to heat. Then we take our clubs out and start whacking away and …there you go.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 hours ago, Randtrap said:

Plus has the potential to shorten the life of my balls.

This is probably the most problematic statement. 🤣

4 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

This is probably the most problematic statement. 🤣

Right...no one wants that!

6 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

The Florida sun is no joke, especially in the summer.  With that said, the trunk is a better option than in the cabin if you have to leave your bag in your car.  I avoid leaving anything valuable in my car for fear of theft and I consider my clubs valuable.  My truck doesn't have a trunk, but even then its just something I don't even chance. 

The other heat sensitive item has got to be shoes. You will be on the golf course one day and the bottoms will just fall right off.  

The device I'm developing will easily accommodate your shoes.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a friend who left his clubs in the car, always used the same head covers on his woods, and only brought them in the house with the rain cover on. 

Heat from the wife is worse than the sun. 

🤣