Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me how good/bad these Red golf balls are, I've seen them for sale on eBay and thinking of trying them. Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

An excellent ball for a mid to high handicapper looking for a decent product on a budget. Offers some serious distance.

I've hit a few which I have found and they didn't impress me with anything outstanding.
Other than it's designed for the budget minded golfer versus a player who wants a better performance ball.

IMO, some players typically try various products, while others are set in their ways.
Most better players are typically reluctant to switch ball brands under any circumstances.

I'll curse at my buddy who's a Bridgestone Rep who throws the tour ball at me when we golf together.
I never liked the "feel or the fact it will not stop downwind very well", but have played them and scored very well.

Like they say "It's never the Indian, so it must be the arrow"  😁

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, Club Rat said:

I've hit a few which I have found and they didn't impress me with anything outstanding.
Other than it's designed for the budget minded golfer versus a player who wants a better performance ball.

IMO, some players typically try various products, while others are set in their ways.
Most better players are typically reluctant to switch ball brands under any circumstances.

I'll curse at my buddy who's a Bridgestone Rep who throws the tour ball at me when we golf together.
I never liked the "feel or the fact it will not stop downwind very well", but have played them and scored very well.

Like they say "It's never the Indian, so it must be the arrow"  😁

I've been told by playing partners that they like them because there easier to see, and my eyesight is poor and I tend to agree so much so I've drawn a Red square on 2 sides of the ball and I do see it better....

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

I've been told by playing partners that they like them because there easier to see, and my eyesight is poor and I tend to agree so much so I've drawn a Red square on 2 sides of the ball and I do see it better....

Agree, it's sometimes difficult to identify who's ball belongs to who when other play the same brand.
Having a noticeable and unique marking helps.
I'll often play the yellow color on days for just the sake to prevent others from mistaken my ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Agree, it's sometimes difficult to identify who's ball belongs to who when other play the same brand.
Having a noticeable and unique marking helps.
I'll often play the yellow color on days for just the sake to prevent others from mistaken my ball. 

Yeah and it’s always when you pound one down the middle, that’s why I started marking  my balls with a red inch square both sides. Didn’t lose many after that, and their playing partners knew that was not their ball lol 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Matt, good stuff lately. 
    • For me, this highlights the 2019 rule change that no longer limits this type of penalty to 4 strokes (or the error/mistake being active for 2 holes), but instead carries on, per hole, until the problem is corrected.  That is something I just learned now, so thanks, I guess? FWIW, this means that if you forget a 15th club in your bag and play the whole round with it, you need to add a cool 36 strokes to your (let's call it not great to begin with) 95, to end up with an absurdly high smooth 131!  Wow.  The only silver lining I see is that since you get to only record a net double for handicap purposes, that round may end up being recorded with ESC as a 104 instead...  🙂
    • Day Eighteen, June 12, 2021. Played 18 today. First ever bogey free round. 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and 16 pars, 68.
    • I don’t see why the PGA/LPGA/Champions don’t play a mixed tournament from 3 different tees. Each tour competing against itself, but playing a 3-some, one person from each.  I think it’d be one hell of a tournament with something for everyone. 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Jayclay
      Jayclay
      (64 years old)
    2. Joe4
      Joe4
      (48 years old)
    3. Linville
      Linville
      (41 years old)
    4. mitchell10
      mitchell10
      (35 years old)
    5. monkeys
      monkeys
      (23 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...