Jump to content
IGNORED

2021 Byron Nelson Tournament


Recommended Posts


 

Boy…Lift, clean and place, soft conditions and no wind. What a miserably boring first round. But here it is.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Why not  play the  tournament  on a  putt  putt  course. This  is getting embarrasing on how easy all the  courses are  now. No rough and  it seems every  par 4 is a  par 3 and every par 5 is a  par 4.  Why do they ever do this  lift  clean and cheat  nonsense? Everyone  plays the same  course. Hit the  ball where it  lies. Maybe they can have some  50 yd par  3's with the greens sloped so every shot  rolls  in the cup.

If this were pro baseball they would  have the  hitters be able to select a  practice pitcher to throw  them perfect  pitches to hit  home runs. 40 home runs a game. Ugh

Edited by jxdama
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Why not  play the  tournament  on a  putt  putt  course. This  is getting embarrasing on how easy all the  courses are  now. No rough and  it seems every  par 4 is a  par 3 and every par 5 is a  par 4.  Why do they ever do this  lift  clean and cheat  nonsense? Everyone  plays the same  course. Hit the  ball where it  lies. Maybe they can have some  50 yd par  3's with the greens sloped so every shot  rolls  in the cup.

Because it isn't "lift clean and cheat" it's lift, wipe  a big clump of mud off your ball and place. Occasionally.

"All the courses are easy" are they? Really? All of them?

You are suggesting that the tournament has no credibility because of bad weather over the last few days?

No-one is saying that it makes for exciting golf and the field is weak too, but you're putting blame somewhere where it doesn't belong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jxdama said:

Why not  play the  tournament  on a  putt  putt  course. This  is getting embarrasing on how easy all the  courses are  now. No rough and  it seems every  par 4 is a  par 3 and every par 5 is a  par 4.  Why do they ever do this  lift  clean and cheat  nonsense? Everyone  plays the same  course. Hit the  ball where it  lies. Maybe they can have some  50 yd par  3's with the greens sloped so every shot  rolls  in the cup.

If this were pro baseball they would  have the  hitters be able to select a  practice pitcher to throw  them perfect  pitches to hit  home runs. 40 home runs a game. Ugh

Yeah. If the ball is embedded fine….but damn…just have them play the damn course. -9? Ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

You are suggesting that the tournament has no credibility because of bad weather over the last few days?

I’m not. I just think it’s a bit much. Relief from embedding is fine. But a little dirt and they’re placing the ball. Scores are just a bit silly today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

 -9? Ridiculous.

 Scores are just a bit silly today.

I agree - but it also shows how good they are on courses where it's essentially a game of darts.

If a group of guys went there and played in easier conditions off shorter tees and three of them shot 61 the other guy would think that they were good enough to turn pro. They probably wouldn't be. 

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Because it isn't "lift clean and cheat" it's lift, wipe  a big clump of mud off your ball and place. Occasionally.

"All the courses are easy" are they? Really? All of them?

You are suggesting that the tournament has no credibility because of bad weather over the last few days?

No-one is saying that it makes for exciting golf and the field is weak too, but you're putting blame somewhere where it doesn't belong.

Bad weather  is a crying shame but  it  happens. Maybe when it rains  at a football game they can make special rules to make sure each QB can throw at  least  6 TD's. Its stupid to use bad weather as an excuse for professional players to be able to score  even lower than the already easy  course allows. Clump of  mud?? OMG!!! Every  player plays the same  course, right? Maybe they are so sensitive and  babied they cant  play unless its  perfect. In football, if its raining or snowing or  its  10 degrees with a  25 mph  wind  blowing they play the  game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jxdama said:

Bad weather  is a crying shame but  it  happens. Maybe when it rains  at a football game they can make special rules to make sure each QB can throw at  least  6 TD's. Its stupid to use bad weather as an excuse for professional players to be able to score  even lower than the already easy  course allows. Clump of  mud?? OMG!!! Every  player plays the same  course, right? Maybe they are so sensitive and  babied they cant  play unless its  perfect. In football, if its raining or snowing or  its  10 degrees with a  25 mph  wind  blowing they play the  game.

I know what you're saying, but don't blame the players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I know what you're saying, but don't blame the players.

Understandable. It wasnt the  players who made things so embarrasingly easy today. Lets hope and  pray at the  PGA championship players are actually  penalized for  not hitting the fairway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the actual tournament it was nice to see Speith's eagle  on the  last  hole. Also nice to see the  last few tournaments few  if any fans wearing  masks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • iacas changed the title to 2021 Byron Nelson Tournament

I play golf with a group of guys every couple weeks who are very good players  (some Korn Ferry Tour and some occasional PGA tour champions players). The difference between a really good armature and a guy struggling to make it on the Korn Ferry tour is HUGE. Yeah maybe some of  the courses are playing easier than others but like the commercial used to say....."these guys are really good". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I play golf with a group of guys every couple weeks who are very good players  (some Korn Ferry Tour and some occasional PGA tour champions players). The difference between a really good armature and a guy struggling to make it on the Korn Ferry tour is HUGE. Yeah maybe some of  the courses are playing easier than others but like the commercial used to say....."these guys are really good". 

“These guys are good.” But I know what you mean. I played with a +2 hcp guy and of course he was quite impressive all around. But a couple weeks later I played with a young guy who’s heading off for Korn Ferry qualifier…and damn…this kid was awesome. We just played 9 together and he was working on stuff…but he easily fired a four under. Of course his drives were fun to watch but it was his iron play that was so damn impressive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A cut  line  of  -6 is ridiculous. Why doesnt the  course  have any penalties for  missing the fairway? Please for  the  love  of  golf have some rough next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah…cut line? Pretty silly. Hopefully there’ll be some moving action on the weekend. Like to see Spieth have a good weekend. Nice to see Sergio tank though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well….Spieth had a bit of a mind porking on 15-16. I really hope the course/weather gets some teeth for Sunday. At least it’s not a run away tournament at this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know, I know but I still root for Kuchar. I did remove my club covers. Does that excuse me?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good grief! 25 under. It's nice for KH Lee to have the win but, really? And, DeChambeau finished T-55? HawHawHaw! Maybe he should work on hitting it farther...

Link to post
Share on other sites

For a bit there I thought Lee was gonna get a screw job for his first win. I know the weather affects all the players but damn. Just before the suspension when they hit their tee shots..it was pouring on them. But Lee was clutch on those last few holes. I was pulling for Spieth but always cool to see a guy get his first PGA Tour win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I have been doing a drill where I swing with my right arm only (right-handed golfer). In taking the club back slowly with my right arm only to the top and pausing there, I have found that the only real efficient way to initiate the downswing is for the lower body/hips to rotate towards the target. The lower body is needed to tug/pull the upper body/right arm. The momentum created on the downswing of the right arm does not have the left arm to get in the way and stall the swing. I find that the body opens up fully to the target without thought or concentrated effort involved. So practice a full, slow backswing with a pause at the top with the right arm only. Then do a good downswing and the body will be facing the target and there is also some good lag and forward shaft lean.  
    • I would suggest putting up a swing video so that people can assist you better.  In general, very few people can generally have too much hip or shoulder turn.  Most have too little
    • Day 64, July 28, 2021: Three quarter swing feels today, same stuff I’ve been working on for the last month. 
    • It's finally arrived! Will dig in, hope it helps my game as it has for so many here!
    • What do you guys think about limit hip turn on back swing for greater hip turn down swing? I believe my swing is full hip and shoulder turn on back swing but only get a little bit open hip at impact. any drill to help me achieve this and get more hip turn on down swing? the best I can do at impact.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. DanTheStallion
      DanTheStallion
      (36 years old)
    2. iYelledFOREatTheHOLE
      iYelledFOREatTheHOLE
      (31 years old)
    3. jd1623
      jd1623
      (38 years old)
    4. Rextarpromodel63
      Rextarpromodel63
      (38 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...