• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I’ve learned to tune them out.  When paired with randoms, if they are real golfers we’ll get along just fine.  But players who have bad habits, I sight their ball then head to mine. I have my own goals on the course; have fun, no sevens on the scorecard, and no lost balls.  That keeps my focus. 
    • I read the thread title incorrectly. ”Why would I want to start annoying my golf partners?” Gerund vs. present participle or something. I must be having a bad day, ‘cause I clicked anyway. 
    • Been golfing so bad lately I almost did not check but this week was able to mark off #5 & #7 with Pars (Doing Par Challenge)
    • Yeah, I use the Watch all the time for shot detection and shot location. I’m not sure why they put out the notification now—it’s been out for a couple months IIRC.  I’m using AW series 5, and it works fine even though they say it’s optimized for series 6 and SE.  From the FB user Arccos group, it sounds like the folks who have most problems are using series 3 or maybe 4.  Some folks are saying the battery doesn’t last. The app tells me it will last 5 hours, and I finish a round with about 35% left. Couple of things to consider here: 1. Battery health of the watch. Mine is at 93%, so as it drops lower, I expect it won’t last as long. 2. What other things are you having the Watch do? I turned off the Arccos to Health setting, because that will use more battery. If it’s doing other things as well, that will also use up the battery more quickly. 3. I put my iPhone in Low Power Mode when arriving at the course.  Among other things, this turns off background updates; I think this might also apply to the Watch function. 4. Some folks have said to put it in Airplane mode or theater mode. I haven’t tried that, but haven’t needed to. One improvement in the Watch app is that it now lets you record hole location on the green. Usually pretty close, but I almost always check my first putt and the hole locations on my iPhone as I head to the next tee. 
    • Day 34 (30 Jul 21) - Played 18 today.  Worked on clubbing up on the approaches with a 3/4 swing.  It has helped with getting the ball onto / near the green.  Had some great shots into the greens and even when not on the green, being confident to bump and run with an 8i or pitch with the 54wedge.    
  • Today's Birthdays

1. amgolfer
      amgolfer
      (37 years old)
    2. At least 7 handi-andy
      At least 7 handi-andy
      (30 years old)
    3. MSDOGS1976
      MSDOGS1976
      (67 years old)
    4. Rob Lane
      Rob Lane
      (62 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...