IGNORED

Hi From Mississippi

Hi all, I'm pretty much a total beginner from Mississippi here and looking to learn more! I've hit some balls here and there with buddies in the past but really looking to improve my game and joining here seemed like a good way to help facilitate that. 

Welcome,

You've found the right place!   

Give a look at the instructional information.   Erik put together a Covid series of lessons that are extremely useful.   There are many other instructional tidbits and the members are always willing to help.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Day 63, July 27, 2021: Three-quarter swing work again today, hey I may lose a little bit of distance, but I know where the ball is going. Rinse, Repeat, keep working on it kind of deal. I’m having small successes with the 3/4 swing so something must be working.
    • Day 153.  Before grocery shopping, I stopped at a putting green and worked for half an hour on 3' and 30' putts.  The end of the 3' practice included taking 17 shots to finish all 12 for my clock drill (not great, but not as bad as a month ago) and the 30' finished with my final six putts from 30' (due to this green, they weren't significantly different on the clockface, so I'm still getting a similar read, but I know better than to assume it.  And of course, I had to hit them the right speed) with a total of 11 strokes (five 2-putts and I also sank one). After lunch and before gym, I did the quarantine days 9 (again, with feedback from yesterday) + 10 (which took a while to get right... I'm not even sure I got it right, video to show up later today). Addendum:  I haven't figured out my trigger for the day 10 practice plan.  That's going to take me a bit more thought
    • MD: 89 (Black/Orange combo tees): 89. Up and down sandy on 17th was nice. One of my better sand shots of the week.  SV: 98 (Black tees).. Tough day. Bit too much of a course for me from black tees. Drive on 18 uphill was a bright spot that stood out though.  SV: 89 (Orange tees).. phew.. much better. 2nd shot on 16 uphill from 198 out over bunker with a borrowed 3 iron (thanks @DeadMan.. :-)) that dropped and stopped within a two feet for a kick-in might be the shot of the week for me.  LL: 92, 92 back-to-back on the same day. Tried my darndest hard to break 90 but couldn't twice. Best shot 8 iron on 7th par 3 from 155 for a bird.  Lac La Bell: 107. Forgettable day score-wise except for holes 15-16 where I finally hit couple of good drives.  
    • Pretty amazing for a $500 box. Close enough for me.  
    • I played roller coaster golf. This is going to be a lengthy recap. I’m not expecting people to read through the whole thing; it’s more for my own entertainment purposes to go back over some of these holes. Day 1 (Sandbox and Mammoth Dunes) I made par on #16 at SB by hitting a PW as hard as I could to the front of the green and then putting from there to 8’ from the back hole location. The hole was 170 from the tee and the longest club I had was PW. It sounds a lot easier in writing than it was. I didn’t play that well at MD. Probably hit a few good drives, but I don’t remember doing anything remarkable. Day 2 (SB and Sand Valley) Made birdie on #7 at SB. Teed off with putter, hit it to 3’. Hit an 8i on #16 at SB to 8’. It’s a Redan and I hit a fade. @DaveP043 showed us how it’s supposed to be played by hitting a draw to the front of the green and letting the ball roll up to the hole about 6’ away. Didn’t play well at SV on the first round, but I hit some good drives and made a few pars, including on #18 where I hit driver-3w into the sand area to the right of the green, hit a 30 yard blind sand shot just off the green and made par from there. Day 3 (SB and SV) Birdied #7 again at SB. Again teed off with putter but not great, holed a 20’ putt for birdie. Quit golf on the 3rd hole at SV, so naturally, I birdied #4. Hit a good drive and 2h just left of the green, had a ridiculous putt from the top of a hill that hit a sprinkler head and trickled to tap in distance. Hit 4i-2h on #6, GIR and 4-putted. Dave measured my first putt - I was 40 yards from the hole. Hit a perfect drive over the sand pyramid on #7 (I was on top of it the day before), followed by an easy 2h I wanted to run up to the green, which I pulled slightly but it bounced off a hill and rolled onto the green anyway. Had a 30’ putt for eagle, 3-putted for par. Birdied #12. Like @saevel25, I also went driver-7i and put it on the green. Made par on #14 which I described in the Best Shot of the Week thread. That 6i was probably in the top 5 most pure shots I have ever hit. It started on the line I wanted, turned exactly how I pictured it, and flew exactly the right distance. Missed the 6’ putt for birdie which I really wanted to make with the other group watching on the tee. I hit a good drive on #18 and tried to hit a 2h into the fairway short of the green. Ended up flaring it way right into the Sahara. Matt later asked if I hit a good shot because it looked like I was posing, and I told him I was so gassed I just didn’t want to move after the shot 😂 Day 4 (Lawsonia Links x 2) Got my best score of the trip here with an 87 in our first round. I hit some good shots, but nothing really spectacular. Just made fewer mistakes overall. Made birdie on #9 after hitting my drive into the fescue. Hit a 7i back into the fairway and a low spinner to 3’, which was still outside Dave’s blind third shot from the fairway bunker which he put to 2’. Day 5 (Lac La Belle) Made a really good decision to grab breakfast at Fresh Baked Cafe in Oconomowoc. The beers were cold at the end of the round. I seriously played like crap.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. 3putt71
      3putt71
      (64 years old)
    2. cdutra40
      cdutra40
      (22 years old)
    3. Doovy
      Doovy
      (27 years old)
    4. JLeeWildcat9
      JLeeWildcat9
      (35 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...