IGNORED

Brooks-Bryson Feud

ncates00
Note: This thread is 873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Of course, in reference to this:

5 minutes ago, colin007 said:

How are we not talking about this?? This is freaking hilarious, and I would love to see more of it in golf. Anyways, here's a funny article.

We were talking about it for 60+ posts.

• Funny 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Brooks-Bryson Feud
11 minutes ago, iacas said:

HAHA! This is good stuff. Come on USGA/PGA, pair them up at the US Open 😛 

• Funny 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Thanks for putting all this into its own section. This should be fun. 

I like both of them. I don’t like BDC’s yelling at camera crew and talking about “his brand,” but otherwise, I kinda like BDC. I also like BK. That dude has been a world beater, and if I’m honest, while I was pulling for Phil at the PGA, I totally thought BK was going to spoil everyone’s day. 

I hope they get paired. Often. I could see it more negatively affecting BK than BDC though just because BDC plays slower. It seems that slower players affect faster players more than the other way around, but maybe I’m wrong. Also, this past incident with the interview just shows how much BDC is under BK’s skin. 

BK doesn't have the wit to be "funny." Every interview I've ever seen has him answering in monosyllables. He answers questions which are designed to flatter him or get him to open up a bit and he just shrugs, mumbles and grunts. He hates the idea of even breaking into a half smile because he's so macho.

When they asked him what he would've thought if before the tournament someone told him he's be with Phil in the final round he just mumbled something along the lines of "That's how it's supposed to be....." or "Yeah? So?". Why the F wouldn't you say something like "Wow. I'd say Phil must be playing well." and then smile or laugh.

He makes no attempt to endear himself to anyone and probably lacks the capacity to mellow the way Tiger did 20 years into his career. But that's fine. He can do what he wants. He just shouldn't ever wonder why he comes across as a dick sometimes.

I like that he's not scared to call out slow play but he comes across as a very sore loser and, more importantly, a singularly boring person.

Edited by Shorty
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Yes, because all we want is golfers who say the same lines over and over again. 

Ddi you like playing with Phil..."Yes, it was an honor to play with someone like Phil.." BLAH!!!! 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 5/25/2021 at 9:53 AM, iacas said:

Meh. I'm in for all of it.

f*** the vanilla, boring-ass PGA Tour.

Give me drama. Pair them together repeatedly in first rounds. The USGA won't because of the traditional groupings for the defending champ, but c'mon! Someone, do it! The British? The tabloid people would love it!

I would love to see this at the British! Enough vanilla, lets see some Flair (pun intended)!

Ric Flair....Wooooooo!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yes, because all we want is golfers who say the same lines over and over again. 

Ddi you like playing with Phil..."Yes, it was an honor to play with someone like Phil.." BLAH!!!! 

That's the last thing I was implying. I want golfers to actually answer questions. He doesn't have to suck up or BS, just open his mouth for a few seconds. 

If they get paired together soon, I hope Bryson tells fans to keep back so they don't hurt anyone's knee. 🤪

• Funny 1

35 minutes ago, Shorty said:

BK doesn't have the wit to be "funny." Every interview I've ever seen has him answering in monosyllables. 

Yes! I would love to see Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, and Billy Horschel in a game of Celebrity Jeopardy. It would be one for the ages.

Brooks reminds me of Gym, Tan, Laundry:

Edited by Carl3
  • Like 1

(edited)

Edited by iacas
Embed the tweet, not a 660k image of the tweet

I know the feud began well before this, but maybe these guys are playing the feud up harder with the $40m Player Incentive Progam/Social media presence on the line...

3 hours ago, ncates00 said:

I enjoy the spiciness between BK and BDC, but they need to get a little more creative with their banter.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

11 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I enjoy the spiciness between BK and BDC, but they need to get a little more creative with their banter.

There's about as much chance of that happening as Tiger winning another major. Because of BK's personality, the only way he will win is by winning tournaments and ignoring BDC. He's playing into his hands.

I am sure that all of the kids in Bryson's DIY frathouse are giggling themselves to sleep over this.

All BK has do is link to Bryson's bizarre videos.

You think Dave Portnoy could come up with enough cash to get these two on rough and rowdy?  Maybe make it a PPV, I'd buy that shit.

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

That's the last thing I was implying. I want golfers to actually answer questions. He doesn't have to suck up or BS, just open his mouth for a few seconds. 

He could be like Greg Norman or Gary Player and prattle on about how great he is.😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

He could be like Greg Norman or Gary Player and prattle on about how great he is.😜

He kind of does but in a different way. He is (probably quite rightly) pissed off at not being recognised as much as he deserves for his achievements (I mean, a win on Sunday would have had him equalling Phil's major count) so he is perpetually huffy. Maybe it's justified. 

The pathetic thing about Norman and Player is that they desperately want to maintain relevance when in actuality, no one cares about them anymore.

Player makes you cringe every year at Augusta as he slobbers all over Nicklaus and Norman scratches his head because Tiger doesn't seek his advice.

Down the track, the BK "brand" will not endure because he lacks the warmth, wit and charm - or PR savvy - that the aforementioned players had/have. For them it didn't last forever but it certainly endured 20 years after their prime.

In sport you are a long time retired, and BK would do well to lighten up a bit. IMO.

Edited by Shorty
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Shorty said:

He kind of does but in a different way. He is (probably quite rightly) pissed off at not being recognised as much as he deserves for his achievements (I mean, a win on Sunday would have had him equalling Phil's major count) so he is perpetually huffy. Maybe it's justified. 

The pathetic thing about Norman and Player is that they desperately want to maintain relevance when in actuality, no one cares about them anymore.

Player makes you cringe every year at Augusta as he slobbers all over Nicklaus and Norman scratches his head because Tiger doesn't seek his advice.

Down the track, the BK "brand" will not endure because he lacks the warmth, wit and charm - or PR savvy - that the aforementioned players had/have. For them it didn't last forever but it certainly endured 20 years after their prime.

In sport you are a long time retired, and BK would do well to lighten up a bit. IMO.

Agree. BK started with a bit of a chip on his shoulders that I liked. Now after injuries, he’s really rather grumpy. What I’ve always liked about Woods and Phil is they can be funny and engaging, make dumb comments sometimes which is entertaining in itself, be self critical and own it when they play bad. Golf is Hard ™️ after all. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The BK and BDC feud can only go in the following directions:

BDC trolls BK by outdriving him or winning more majors

BK trolls BDC by winning more majors and not hitting it as far.

BK makes a dumb politically incorrect statement about BDC and he clams up even more.

It's certainly not going to evolve into friendly banter. I don't think either of them have the self awareness that is required.

BDC's pseudo science is frequently misguided but whatever he does pretty much works. BK is the epitome of the jock who doesn't give a shit. Can't you just see him making a point of not laughing at the joke someone he doesn't like makes, trying to make them feel awkward and forcing everyone around to pick a side? The jocks following him around last week love it because they think he's like them - cool and tough - but it's going to wear really thin. Especially if he freaks out one day when some poor kid calls him "Brooksy". He probably thinks it has an effeminate ring to it which is why he is offended by it. 

Having said that.... I never thought I'd root against Oosthuizen but would have preferred a BK win if Phil hadn't done the job. Just because I kind of like his disruptive approach and want to see how it all evolves historically.  Pretty crazy how he really could have had 7 majors by now.

Note: This thread is 873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!