Jump to content
IGNORED

Brooks-Bryson Feud


ncates00

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Moderator
22 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

F*** Bryson. That is no reason to have people escorted out. 

If people are saying it, they are doing to get to Bryson, for whatever reason, not as a “playful” gesture. Practice rounds, go for it. Real deal, maybe hold that to yourself. Sure, he should be able to cancel that out, but he also shouldn’t have to go through it. 
Edit: it shouldn’t be reason to be totally thrown out but at least warned or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think Bryson brings it on himself with his sort of smart alec involvement in the situation. That photobomb was very childish in my opinion. I I think many have lost some respect for Bryson. People shouldn't be heckling the players like that although.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, phillyk said:

If people are saying it, they are doing to get to Bryson, for whatever reason, not as a “playful” gesture. Practice rounds, go for it. Real deal, maybe hold that to yourself. Sure, he should be able to cancel that out, but he also shouldn’t have to go through it. 
Edit: it shouldn’t be reason to be totally thrown out but at least warned or something. 

Warned for what? It’s ridiculous.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So Bryson ribs BK by saying he’s living rent free in BK’s head….then he whines like a baby and has spectators removed for yelling ‘Brooksy’? What a douche.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

smart alec involvement in the situation. That photobomb was very childish in my opinion.

Smart alec involvement? How? He walked by on a walkway and apparently didn’t say anything (there was speculation that he did say something, but it doesn’t appear to be the case; I would concede this point if he did say something). How is walking by on a walkway childish? Geez, this is hardly ruining some family’s photo at Disney World or something. Good grief 🤦‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
13 minutes ago, iacas said:

Warned for what? It’s ridiculous.

The jabber has been kept outside someone actively playing their round. He doesn’t deserve the heckling he’s received while playing his own. Sure, he should be able to handle it, but he shouldn’t have to. If the same thing were to happen to Brooks next, I’d be against that too.

We’ve seen it happen before, where someone roots against a player yelling land in a trap or something and they get tossed.

Sure there’s entertainment value in it. But, imo, keep it outside of someone playing. 

29 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I think Bryson brings it on himself with his sort of smart alec involvement in the situation. That photobomb was very childish in my opinion. I I think many have lost some respect for Bryson. People shouldn't be heckling the players like that although.

I think Bryson is now thinking everything was taken a step too far. Hence his actions. He certainly has his own share of blame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, phillyk said:

The jabber has been kept outside someone actively playing their round. He doesn’t deserve the heckling he’s received while playing his own. Sure, he should be able to handle it, but he shouldn’t have to. If the same thing were to happen to Brooks next, I’d be against that too.

Fair point, and I pretty much agree. I guess the obvious counter would be: could you imagine kicking out fans for the same conduct at other sporting events, e.g., football or basketball? I guess golf is different though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Fair point, and I pretty much agree. I guess the obvious counter would be: could you imagine kicking out fans for the same conduct at other sporting events, e.g., football or basketball? I guess golf is different though. 

You answered it yourself. Would this heckling be ok at the Masters? Yes, this tournament isn’t that. But, who’s to say when this will end too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Realistically, golf is a game that will always demand a level of decorum from spectators. The reason why is because golf's spectators have demanded as much. Having an atmosphere like football, basketball or hockey won't do. If someone were looking for that, they wouldn't be at a golf tournament in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

Realistically, golf is a game that will always demand a level of decorum from spectators. The reason why is because golf's spectators have demanded as much. Having an atmosphere like football, basketball or hockey won't do. If someone were looking for that, they wouldn't be at a golf tournament in the first place.

#16 at the WMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • DAY 6: practiced tempo with Orange Whip Trainer (10 min).
    • I’ll join this foursome - my timing is flexible and this will allow me to drive back east after the lesson on Saturday. Will join you for dinner on Friday as well. My wife / sometime caddy might also join. Thanks for arranging @StuM!
    • Why did the employer require a test that’s not even recommended by the CDC? Not really ball busting but this is part of a problem we’re facing way too often as physicians. Employers, schools, all making up their own protocols without knowing what they’re talking about. I get your ‘wanting to know’ but know what? Like you said, it’s just a number that means nothing at this time. It’s also possible that insurance wouldn’t cover it as it’s not medically necessary.
    • Lab Corp has a "Semi-Quantitative" test that I'm considering taking.  I'm a leukemia survivor, had a bone marrow transplant, I have GVHD, and I'm on immune suppression medication (tacrolimus, sirolimus, prednisone).  Some of my Dr.'s patients in the same situation as me got no response from the vaccine I took the qualitative test and I have antibodies, but I have no idea how protected I am.  I recently got the Moderna booster. The Lab Corp Semi-Quantitative test gives no indication of what is a good response.  It's just a number.  I don't see the point of taking the test if there is no way to interpret the number.  Still I want to take it, I can at least compare it to the number my neighbor got (his employer required the test).
    • I’m surprised you held onto them for 20 years. They would have ended up lost of in the trash long ago if mine.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Aj_ ninja
      Aj_ ninja
      (35 years old)
    2. Bay20
      Bay20
      (56 years old)
    3. boomer15
      boomer15
      (46 years old)
    4. ckeller52
      ckeller52
      (65 years old)
    5. Drmizz
      Drmizz
      (50 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...