4 hours ago, ncates00 said:

but that Bryson was “really loud” when he walked by him. 

Whether orally spoken or with loud spike stomps as he walked by, Bryson was trying to mess with Brooks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://twitter.com/sam_golf/status/1397953076401737736?s=20  

So Bryson ribs BK by saying he’s living rent free in BK’s head….then he whines like a baby and has spectators removed for yelling ‘Brooksy’? What a douche.

Posted Images

Just now, Billy Z said:

Whether orally spoken or with loud spike stomps as he walked by, Bryson was trying to mess with Brooks.

schitts creek lol GIF by CBC

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Did you even listen to BK’s comments? He indicated that BD didn’t do anything to bother him other than just being a bit loud as BD initially started walking outside. However, BK even admitted that as BD walked behind him, at least BD talked a little more quietly. Given all the facts and circumstances here, it doesn’t seem like BD was trying to mess with him at all. BK just doesn’t like BD. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

Did you even listen to BK’s comments? He indicated that BD didn’t do anything to bother him other than just being a bit loud... 

That's pretty much what my comment said, that he may not have said anything but purposely clopped by him, imo. 

8 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

That's pretty much what my comment said, that he may not have said anything but purposely clopped by him, imo. 

That horse is taking a beating…..

• Thanks 2
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Who to believe? Did the USGA reach out or is Faxon trying to keep the flame alive? Either way, I’m hoping we see them play together soon. It would be awesome to see them tied for the lead on Sunday in the same group. What a pressure cooker that would be. 

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

Who to believe? Did the USGA reach out or is Faxon trying to keep the flame alive? Either way, I’m hoping we see them play together soon. It would be awesome to see them tied for the lead on Sunday in the same group. What a pressure cooker that would be. 

Just my opinion but In this case I am thinking they did NOT reach out to Bryson.  If they had reached out to Bryson they would also have reached out to Brooks.  There is no way they would have called only one of the two players.  Also, Bryson and his team are smart enough to know that if they "Declined" it may have made them look bad.  If I were in his shoes I would have accepted and then put Brooks in the position of saying "No" to make him look like the petty person.

Wouldn't it be a bit hokey to put Dechambeau and Koepka in a pairing for the first two days? 

It's the sort of thing that ought to happen because they are neck-and-neck on the weekend, not something just to make a circus out of the opening rounds. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, StuM said:

Just my opinion but In this case I am thinking they did NOT reach out to Bryson.  If they had reached out to Bryson they would also have reached out to Brooks.  There is no way they would have called only one of the two players.  Also, Bryson and his team are smart enough to know that if they "Declined" it may have made them look bad.  If I were in his shoes I would have accepted and then put Brooks in the position of saying "No" to make him look like the petty person.

I think I agree. So, Faxon stirring the pot?

2 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Wouldn't it be a bit hokey to put Dechambeau and Koepka in a pairing for the first two days? 

It's the sort of thing that ought to happen because they are neck-and-neck on the weekend, not something just to make a circus out of the opening rounds. 

I disagree. This kind of thing generates buzz and excitement for golf. It has the potential to get people to watch who otherwise might not have watched. Especially on a Thursday or Friday afternoon. 

IMO there are plenty of more hokey things that are done in professional golf on a regular basis than pairing 2 guys together who don't like each other and have formed somewhat of a rivalry.

It's supposed to be an entertainment product after all. I'd be willing to bet that more people would be entertained by the Thursday/Friday rounds had Bryson and Brooks been paired together vs them being in different groups.

Gawd.... I'll watch ANYONE play in preference to reading and hearing that revolting term "reaching out" one more time.

Sistine Chapel God's Hand is Still Reaching Out.jpg

• Funny 2

15 minutes ago, klineka said:

I disagree. This kind of thing generates buzz and excitement for golf. It has the potential to get people to watch who otherwise might not have watched. Especially on a Thursday or Friday afternoon. 

IMO there are plenty of more hokey things that are done in professional golf on a regular basis than pairing 2 guys together who don't like each other and have formed somewhat of a rivalry.

It's supposed to be an entertainment product after all. I'd be willing to bet that more people would be entertained by the Thursday/Friday rounds had Bryson and Brooks been paired together vs them being in different groups.

I agree with you up to a point. There is no doubt more eyes would be on the TV.

To me there would be a cheapness to making this pairing the very first time the opportunity presents itself.  It's just a bit too much of a lowest common denominator move for my liking.

Just curious. What examples would you consider more hokey?

3 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Gawd.... I'll watch ANYONE play in preference to reading and hearing that revolting term "reaching out" one more time.

Do you prefer that they "touch base" with Bryson instead?🤣 You are up very early!

• Funny 2

26 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

To me there would be a cheapness to making this pairing the very first time the opportunity presents itself.  It's just a bit too much of a lowest common denominator move for my liking.

The stuff between them is well over a year old, back to Brooks calling Bryson out for slow play in 2019, then the back and forth about abs and 6 packs in Jan of 2020. This definitely isn't the first time the opportunity has presented itself with these two.

30 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Just curious. What examples would you consider more hokey?

Something like making the players wear pants for tournament rounds even though it'd be like 95 degrees is one that quickly comes to mind.

How the tour seemingly always wants to shy away from controversy, doesn't disclose fine amounts or disciplinary actions, etc. Basically things that other sports seem to lean into (to an extent) which help generate discussion and buzz around specific players in those sports. Golf (and mainly the PGA tour) seem to do very little of trying to expand their reach and get non-golf people to watch the sport.

2 minutes ago, klineka said:

The stuff between them is well over a year old, back to Brooks calling Bryson out for slow play in 2019, then the back and forth about abs and 6 packs in Jan of 2020. This definitely isn't the first time the opportunity has presented itself with these two.

I'm aware they haven't liked each other, but clearly it only became a big deal after the Koepka video went viral.