IGNORED

Brooks-Bryson Feud

ncates00
Note: This thread is 880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

De-sham-beau acts like he is totally innocent of of what's been going on.

No, he’s not. He knows what he’s doing—going back and forth with Brooks, just like Brooks is going back and forth with him, unless, of course, you’re referring to when all he did was walk by on a walkway during the interview. Look, they don’t like each other, and they are both poking at one another. Let’s sit back and enjoy it. I like both of them, albeit in different ways. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Bryson is not stupid, he knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that just his presence in his photobomb would be enough to anger b k. It was well orchestrated by Bryson, as childish as it was.

There is nothing in the video that even suggests that it was a photobomb. Stop making stuff up. Brooks heard stuff that irritated him. That’s all.

• Thumbs Up 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

55 minutes ago, Shorty said:

There is nothing in the video that even suggests that it was a photobomb. Stop making stuff up. Brooks heard stuff that irritated him. That’s all.

He’s trolling at this point. Nearly every remark he makes is either unfounded or a negative remark against him. I get it if you don’t like a guy, but at least try to be reasonably neutral when you have no evidence to support your thoughts. 

23 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

He’s trolling at this point. Nearly every remark he makes is either unfounded or a negative remark against him. I get it if you don’t like a guy, but at least try to be reasonably neutral when you have no evidence to support your thoughts. 

To say my remark was unfounded is simply not true, nor is it rolling. I feel when a person is being interviewed on live television after a round you don't walk behind him and disturb the shoot, you find another way around so as not to interrupt, it's the respectful thing to do. You may feel differently, and that is your option, but I evidently feel differently than you that I thought he did it on purpose to disturb the interview.  This entire Petty Feud was originated by dechambeau when he criticized Koepka's physique back in January I think. Why did he open his mouth back then? It just shows his smart aleck ways. Also asking for relief from an ant hill was very unprofessional as well, as there was no anthill there. Now he is responsible for patrons being tossed from the memorial. It's like if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen Bryson!

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

This entire Petty Feud was originated by dechambeau when he criticized Koepka's physique back in January I think. Why did he open his mouth back then?

It goes beyond that. It’s years old. And the walkway was just there. The annoying thing was the metal spikes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

It goes beyond that. It’s years old. And the walkway was just there. The annoying thing was the metal spikes.

Ok, I didn't realize it was years old as you say. But I also think that Bryson is not ignorant and unaware what he was doing by walking behind bk with his metal spikes on. I'm not one much to believe in coincidences, I believe it was done purposely to p him off. Again, jmo, and others I would imagine. 

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Ok, I didn't realize it was years old as you say. But I also think that Bryson is not ignorant and unaware what he was doing by walking behind bk with his metal spikes on. I'm not one much to believe in coincidences, I believe it was done purposely to p him off. Again, jmo, and others I would imagine. 

Again… It’s a walkway.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Didn't it start with BK making some snide veiled remark about Bryson's pace of play?

Started in January 2019.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

So yes. I am struggling to tell if Koepka's pace of play complaint was valid or not however.

Bryson is known to play pretty slow. He has argued that with all the calculations he and his caddy make, he’s going pretty quickly. I’ve seen him play at a reasonable pace, and I’ve seen him play at snail’s pace. For me, I don’t mind BK’s comments; I like faster play. 

6 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Geeeeez man.  You just make crap up and have "feelings" and "opinions based on absolutely nothing. Here are the afcts:

1. Brooks is not a fan of Bryson.

2. It goes back a while.

3. Bryson kind of likes a little attention.

4. Bryson walked from an interview to his car or the locker-room or somewhere.

5. Billy Z adds a whole bunch of BS to fill in the blanks to invent a scenario based on how he "feels".

6. It isn't really that complicated.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

7 hours ago, ncates00 said:

He has argued that with all the calculations he and his caddy make, he’s going pretty quickly.

Oh that explains why BK specifically said what he did. That is not really the most self-aware justification for slow play on BDC's part either. I think he needs a better publicity manager.

7 hours ago, Shorty said:

Geeeeez man.  You just make crap up and have "feelings" and "opinions based on absolutely nothing. Here are the afcts:

1. Brooks is not a fan of Bryson.

2. It goes back a while.

3. Bryson kind of likes a little attention.

4. Bryson walked from an interview to his car or the locker-room or somewhere.

5. Billy Z adds a whole bunch of BS to fill in the blanks to invent a scenario based on how he "feels".

6. It isn't really that complicated.

1)  a revelation everybody knows. 

2) Very specific

3) your opinion

4) yes, but enjoyed interrupting bk

5) sounds like you described your own approach. 

6) nobody ever said it was complicated. 

I'll make #7

7) it's not important enough to argue about. it's just fun discussion that is not worth dis'g anybody for. 

They are both being gross at the moment. PIP was silly idea and we are seeing the consequences of it now.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

On 6/6/2021 at 10:30 AM, Bonvivant said:

They are both being gross at the moment. PIP was silly idea and we are seeing the consequences of it now.

This what the tour wanted apparently when it came up with PIP. This whole Bryson-Brooks feud reminds me of the one between the Magnificent Muraco and Superfly Snuka back in the early 1980s that got the WWF mainstream media attention and put them on a huge popularity roll after Vince McMahon took over from his father.

He talks about “the interview” and Bryson some in this video clip. He said he thinks it’s great for the game, and he also said that Bryson didn’t say anything to him to upset him, but that Bryson was “really loud” when he walked by him. FYI, the comments are dispersed throughout the video a bit as different questions are asked by reporters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think its ridiculous that fans are being tossed from something the players themselves started and are actively encouraging. This is the logical next step for taking their petty (made for media) feud to social media.  They created this atmosphere and they should end it but probably won't because it will be the "you bit off more than you can chew" scenario. Before I get lit up, anyone remember El Nino getting heckled by the NY crowd? Monty, Poulter, Sabbitinni, or Glen "All" Day? I never saw police calming the crowds.  

Ejecting fans is the right of the sponsor, and if someone is yelling in the middle of someone's backswing then throw them out. But for participating in the aftermath of "living in your head rent free gate", not so much.  

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!