IGNORED

Game Golf Past and Present (June 2021)

iacas

Well, it's official, my Live device is no longer a viable option for me as it quits working midway through the round.  I emailed support but they haven't really addressed my issue.  I tried tagging in my phone but i found that really cumbersome to go before each shot.  I still have the classic device somewhere around here so may give that a shot again.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Well, it's official, my Live device is no longer a viable option for me as it quits working midway through the round.  I emailed support but they haven't really addressed my issue.  I tried tagging in my phone but i found that really cumbersome to go before each shot.  I still have the classic device somewhere around here so may give that a shot again.

Is the battery just shot?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 7/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, RFKFREAK said:

That's my presumption.

Fairly simple to replace. I will be replacing my second battery pretty soon here. It's puffed and won't hold a charge anymore. 

Just now, KoHo said:

Fairly simple to replace. I will be replacing my second battery pretty soon here. It's puffed and won't hold a charge anymore. 

Oh, it can be replaced?  Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to do it?

Christian

• Administrator
golf-league-tracker-rectangle-color-2013

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Oh, it can be replaced?  Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to do it?

If you have the Live unit with the flat style belt clip, two of the screws will be partially covered so you may have to remove it to get at them. You will have to slide something thin like a tiny flat head screwdriver in between the clip and the body to pry up and release the tab that prevents the clip from sliding off the body.

26 minutes ago, iacas said:
golf-league-tracker-rectangle-color-2013

I like how the author wrote if you don’t know how to solder, you can ruin your device, as if it wasn’t already a shitty paperweight at that point.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

33 minutes ago, billchao said:

I like how the author wrote if you don’t know how to solder, you can ruin your device, as if it wasn’t already a shitty paperweight at that point.

It’s not though. It’s just a bad battery; it’ll work once you replace the battery. Far from a paperweight. If you mess it up, so that it won’t work even if you put in a new battery, then you have a paperweight. 😀

6 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

It’s not though. It’s just a bad battery; it’ll work once you replace the battery. Far from a paperweight. If you mess it up, so that it won’t work even if you put in a new battery, then you have a paperweight. 😀

Semantics. If you have a dead battery and you don’t know how to replace it or know anyone who does, you effectively have a dead unit.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Semantics. If you have a dead battery and you don’t know how to replace it or know anyone who does, you effectively have a dead unit.

It’s not. The underlined part is what the author said. The bolder part is what you added. I guess the author assumes that if you don’t know how to do it, then you won’t be stupid by trying to do it and will find someone who can. Like take it to, I dunno, a store, that offers such services. 

• Administrator

:sigh:

On 7/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, KoHo said:

If you have the Live unit with the flat style belt clip, two of the screws will be partially covered so you may have to remove it to get at them. You will have to slide something thin like a tiny flat head screwdriver in between the clip and the body to pry up and release the tab that prevents the clip from sliding off the body.

On 7/16/2021 at 5:57 PM, billchao said:

So, I'm confused, do you need a soldering iron?

Christian

4 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

So, I'm confused, do you need a soldering iron?

Nope. Just follow the battery change instructions.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Nope. Just follow the battery change instructions.

Scott…

A1E54DC1-62E7-48E6-8597-EA3445BFE6FC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

My last 2 rounds on “Classic” did not upload correctly.  I sent a msg via the “Chat” and have instructions on what to do.  Hoping it works.  Positive is I messaged them on Sunday and had a response Monday morning.  I will report if it works once I do my part of the follow-up.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

I can’t blame them if they’re not supporting Classic.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

I can’t blame them if they’re not supporting Classic.

I understand as well but them seem to imply it should be working.  I am pleased they are responding.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)