IGNORED

Game Golf Past and Present (June 2021)

iacas

23 minutes ago, iacas said:

I wouldn't count on it at all. They didn't support the Transfer app on desktop OSes three years ago. They're not going to start doing it now. However long it works, that's all bonus time.

I just hope Classic works until they can get all the bugs out of Pro so I will have  trust in it to upgrade.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

My game golf unit has died and I cannot get a response from the Game Golf people about getting it fixed?!?

I have an apple mac and when I plug it in its just not being recognised so not sure if its something thats changed in an update and what can be done to get it back to life? Thoughts people?

Mailman

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mailman said:

My game golf unit has died and I cannot get a response from the Game Golf people about getting it fixed?!?

I have an apple mac and when I plug it in its just not being recognised so not sure if its something thats changed in an update and what can be done to get it back to life? Thoughts people?

The Transfer app isn’t supported beyond about macOS 10.12 or 10.13.

If you have Live you can use your phone to upload rounds.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 6 months later...

I am guessing from the lack of other TST folks on the GG site posting that others have stopped using it?

The #17 hole at my former home course, where I played yesterday, has two greens.  The two putts on that green yesterday are showing as off-green.  I am sure it used to be tagged as being on the green when we played to that side.  I'm also getting issues with some rounds uploading multiple times.  I should go through and delete the duplicates.

Oh well, at least the last two rounds tell me my approach shots played to better than the 5 handicap mark and my drives better than the 10 handicap mark.  That's pretty cool.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I’ll use it tomorrow for my first round of the year.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, Shindig said:

I am guessing from the lack of other TST folks on the GG site posting that others have stopped using it?

Yea I stopped using it last summer. They stopped supporting Classic and I had issues with it. I tried the app for a bit and that was annoying to use so I gave up on the whole thing altogether.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I still use it. I don't really find the stats all that worthwhile anymore, but I think it's fun and interesting to see my shots after the round. I don't really expect to use it for much longer, though, because the hassles with it are adding up.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I have stopped using it for a while now. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I also gave up on it.   I'm not sure I miss it.   The hassles of uploading a round were more than the data's worth.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I don't really find the stats all that worthwhile anymore, but I think it's fun and interesting to see my shots after the round.

This is pretty much how I feel about it, too. It was fun to be able to to look back at different shots and rounds, but the stats weren’t really that useful for improvement purposes.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Good points all around about the stats.  I know where I'm losing shots at this point.  Thanks!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m 0 for 2 with Live so far. It seemed to start okay Thursday and connected to the app. I felt the buzz the whole round, but nothing showed at the end when I went to review. They updated the app Friday, so we’ll see how it goes Monday when I play.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I’m 0 for 3 tries now. They updated the app, but it wouldn’t load the course or connect to the unit. Frustrating.

Scott

My Swing Thread

The Game Golf website is having issues again. All of my rounds have disappeared. On the landing page, there is a list of recently posted rounds, but there is basically no data besides that a round was played on a date. I tried to upload a round over the weekend and discovered this. I assume it's just a small error that they'll fix, but this is definitely part of a bigger trend here.

-- Daniel

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

The Game Golf website is having issues again. All of my rounds have disappeared. On the landing page, there is a list of recently posted rounds, but there is basically no data besides that a round was played on a date. I tried to upload a round over the weekend and discovered this. I assume it's just a small error that they'll fix, but this is definitely part of a bigger trend here.

It is. Probably once again a database error.

image.png

They have a good amount of $ from what I've been told, but I don't know that they've got the people to do the work.

Seriously considering one of these:

The H4 handheld golf GPS device packs Shot Scope's leading performance tracking technology and distance display into a neat and compact unit. Read more & buy online!
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Seriously considering one of these:

The H4 handheld golf GPS device packs Shot Scope's leading performance tracking technology and distance display into a neat and compact unit. Read more & buy online!

That looks interesting, might be something I buy. I want to know more about what data/statistics I could get from this system before I buy it, tough. The website says it has "Strokes Gained analytics platform included for advanced statistic analysis." The biggest weakness of Game Golf for me was the lack of detail in the Strokes Gained area. Just from that quote, I don't know exactly what that includes. I may do some further digging/reviews on this and start a new topic to discuss.

-- Daniel

4 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

That looks interesting, might be something I buy. I want to know more about what data/statistics I could get from this system before I buy it, tough. The website says it has "Strokes Gained analytics platform included for advanced statistic analysis." The biggest weakness of Game Golf for me was the lack of detail in the Strokes Gained area. Just from that quote, I don't know exactly what that includes. I may do some further digging/reviews on this and start a new topic to discuss.

I may just get it to try out. GG has been disappointing.

• Like 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Worth a new topic, yes. It's by the same people that make the watches, which I've always felt were far too clunky.