IGNORED

2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic

Phil Mickelson Commits to Play in Rocket Mortgage Classic,
by Matt Charboneau, The Detroit News

While the July 4th weekend is sure to add some pop to the Rocket Mortgage Classic, the third-year PGA Tour event just added some true firepower.

Phil Mickelson, who wowed the sporting world last weekend by becoming the oldest major champion in golf history by winning the PGA Championship at the age of 50, has committed to play in this year’s Rocket Mortgage Classic, set for July 1-4 at Detroit Golf Club.

“As evidenced by his record-breaking performance last weekend at the PGA Championship, Phil is one of the best to ever play the game, an electric performer and continues to be a huge draw for fans attending PGA TOUR events,” said Jason Langwell, executive director of the Rocket Mortgage Classic. “Adding a player like Phil, along with the major champions and top-50 players who have also committed, is shaping the strongest field in Rocket Mortgage Classic history.”

Source - Detroit News - More

https://tinyurl.com/w3pdz3fj

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

So, what do you guys this of this?  Detroit News brings up old news that did not implicate Phil as anything but a victim, just as a gambler with some ties to criminals.

0bf7fc50-d9ed-11eb-bbdf-108cedc0f421

Phil Mickelson was reportedly cheated out of $500,000 by a Detroit area bookie in the early 2000s, something the Detroit News detailed on Tuesday.

Edited by StuM
fixed sentence to read "Implicated" instead of "In" and "Gambler" instead of "Gamble"
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • A good way to work on reducing casting is to start with short swings and rehearse getting the hands to be in front of the ball at impact. Start with chips, then move to 1/4 swings, 1/2 swings and 3/4 swings. Learn to feel that position at impact. Film it to make sure is is working and post it here.
    • Yep.   Yep. People are too easily butt hurt these days, and others are too ready to appease the silliness. I have two very close friends who are 100% Native American. One a Navajo whose grandfather was a code talker in World War II, and the other a Cherokee. Both lose their mind over stuff like this. According to both, it does nothing but pay lip service and gives people the impression that they’re actually doing something to help Native Americans, when in fact, they ignore the genuine problems facing Native Americans these days. But I’m the ignorant one.   😑    
    • I’m not sure how I feel about the olympics. I’ve never even really cared about the olympics before golf. I think golf is the perfect sport for the olympics though, given its ever-increasing global appeal and accessibility. However, two issues stand out to me: 1) most players don’t care. It’s hard to care if the do not hold the medals in esteem. I get it—the field isn’t the most competitive, it’s not major, no money, etc. 2) Covid is throwing a wrench into everything. Major players are pulling out, stringent protocols, etc. It’s going to be even harder to get up for this—as fans or professionals. 
    • Day 575 - July 25, 2021 Practiced after a pair of 45-minute lessons lasted 90 minutes each. Made it a pretty light day, just reinforcing my weird feel.
    • Can you imagine someone close to winning the FedEx cup and $15 mil tested positive for Covid. I hope it won't happen.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. chriswuk
      chriswuk
      (30 years old)
    2. Gero
      Gero
      (78 years old)
    3. nettscore
      nettscore
      (50 years old)
    4. RandMart3
      RandMart3
      (69 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...