IGNORED

Atlas Valley Golf Club

Atlas Valley has opened again as a semi-private.   It was designed by Tom Bendelow who also designed Medinah Country Club.   2021 saw the course reopen after being closed for the previous few years.   Course history.

I've played the course twice.    They are throwing a ton of time and money at the course.   The sand traps are white silicone sand and the fairways are very forgiving.   There is plenty of elevation changes which makes it more challenging.    

It's only about 4 miles from my house and I will be a frequently player

0605210716.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm playing up there Aug 2.

• Thanks 1

(edited)

Was looking at Atlas Valley, looks like it would be fun to play and it is only @ 1 hour from my home.  Anyone open to a small Michigan TST Meetup?

@Lugowskins I am tagging you since I think this is not far out of the way for you.  Any interest?

Edited by StuM
Added tag & 2nd sentence.

42 minutes ago, StuM said:

Was looking at Atlas Valley, looks like it would be fun to play and it is only @ 1 hour from my home.  Anyone open to a small Michigan TST Meetup?

@Lugowskins I am tagging you since I think this is not far out of the way for you.  Any interest?

When are you thinking? During the week wouldn't work for me and I have my Saturdays taken up until July 17th but could probably make a Sunday work. 

4 hours ago, Lugowskins said:

When are you thinking? During the week wouldn't work for me and I have my Saturdays taken up until July 17th but could probably make a Sunday work. 

I had not thought of a date.  I can do Sundays.  If others want go join we may need to schedule around the TST Sun Valley trip.  Let’s see who else is interested 

I'm available but Father's day usually is very very busy and slow.   I can't speak for Atlas Valley.   I've only played once on Father's Day at a different course and vowed to not play because the pace was over 5 hours.    If that's the only day people can play, I'll play though.

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

I'm available but Father's day usually is very very busy and slow.   I can't speak for Atlas Valley.   I've only played once on Father's Day at a different course and vowed to not play because the pace was over 5 hours.    If that's the only day people can play, I'll play though.

Good point, if not June 20 and Sticking to Sunday’s I could do July 11, 18 or 25

I could survive a 5 hour round if the company is good but that would kill the whole day once I add a little range & putting time, an hour drive each way and the 19th hole. Still I will do it if that is what works for others.

On 6/12/2021 at 7:54 AM, StuM said:

Good point, if not June 20 and Sticking to Sunday’s I could do July 11, 18 or 25

I could survive a 5 hour round if the company is good but that would kill the whole day once I add a little range & putting time, an hour drive each way and the 19th hole. Still I will do it if that is what works for others.

Lets go for the 18th that would work for me

@dennyjones @Lugowskins I will book for Sunday July 18th.  I cannot book it until @ July 11th so will not know tee time until then.

I would be open to 9am(ish) if that is good for you guys. 

Also, walking or riding?  I'm willing to walk but do not care either way.

We have room for a 4th.  @Billy Z are you interested in being our 4th at Atlas Valley on July 18th? (I know you are playing it on Aug. 2nd, this would give you "Course Knowledge" so you can beat your friends when you go on Aug. 2nd.)

Any ideas on a 4th if @Billy Zcan't? I do not know any other TST members personally so not sure who is close. 

I'll put it on my calendar.   Earlier, like 9 am is better for me but I'm flexible.  

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

I'll put it on my calendar.   Earlier, like 9 am is better for me but I'm flexible.  

I could do 8am, just not sure how long of a drive you and @Lugowskins might have.  I am only looking @ 50 minute drive so I can be flexible.

13 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I'm 3.5 miles away!

Wanna Trade the drive that morning?

• Funny 1

On 6/16/2021 at 3:43 PM, StuM said:

I could do 8am, just not sure how long of a drive you and @Lugowskins might have.  I am only looking @ 50 minute drive so I can be flexible.

I'm a little over an hour away not bad

On 6/16/2021 at 12:27 PM, StuM said:

@dennyjones @Lugowskins I will book for Sunday July 18th.  I cannot book it until @ July 11th so will not know tee time until then.

I would be open to 9am(ish) if that is good for you guys. 

Also, walking or riding?  I'm willing to walk but do not care either way.

We have room for a 4th.  @Billy Z are you interested in being our 4th at Atlas Valley on July 18th? (I know you are playing it on Aug. 2nd, this would give you "Course Knowledge" so you can beat your friends when you go on Aug. 2nd.)

Any ideas on a 4th if @Billy Zcan't? I do not know any other TST members personally so not sure who is close. 

I am shutting down my game somewhat this year as my right ankle is needing surgery and can only take so much golf. I am down to once a week and have full schedule based on that limited frequency. I appreciate you asking me, but sorry I cannot attend. 

thank you, Tom