IGNORED

Instructional Video Critique Topic

So in this topic post a YouTube video and then critique it. To keep it simple every first response to a video should include:

• A letter grade (A, B, C, D, F, with plus or minus allowed)
  • Three things you liked (if possible).
  • Three things you didn't like (if possible).

We should try not to have too many going at once-Post a video and let a few responses come in before you post a different video.

I was going to start us off but I will let someone else.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Like: Nothing. But I’m honest in saying I’m far from a swing guru.

Dislike:

1. ‘ The modern swing creates too much spin.’ This has to be one of the most asinine statements out there.

2. ‘Shallowing the swing and swinging inside to out reduces spin.’ So…tour players don’t swing their drivers that way? 

3. ‘One has to make two swings if they hit up on the driver.’ No. They just change ball position.

• Thanks 1

• Administrator

I'll bite.

Grade: D

• It's short.
  • His watermark logo is good.
  • The background is nice.

Dislikes:

• It's a bunch of bullshit. Spin is created by spin loft. You can hit down on a driver and reduce spin if you deliver less dynamic loft, too. Doesn't mean it's a good way to hit a driver.
  • Swinging out will shallow out the path… and help you to hit up on the ball slightly, as the low point moves back a bit.
  • Swinging out will also lead to a more glancing blow and more "spin" because you're adding the right-to-left spin. Spin loft occurs in all three dimensions. Swinging out = "sidespin."
  • Like 1

Oh, I really like this thread. Here is my video proposal (admittedly a SH!T ton better than the first)

1. Conversational about a player struggling with something in their swing (something I struggle with)
  2. Used shots to see how the player progressed
  3. Simple training aid everyone has around the house.

Dislikes

1. Only a few swings. Maybe a time lapse or something to show after they worked on it for a while
  2. A little long
  3. Not enough to tell players who this video is for
  • Thanks 1