IGNORED

GAME Golf Pro Giveaway - Your Dad's Game or Winning at Torrey

iacas
Note: This thread is 1039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Two separate posts guys.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2nd post for 2nd question - couldn’t edit first post to remove response to question #2:

2. My dad doesn't golf, so I'll say my friends with kids need to improve in this stat as well. They're all terrible ball strikers.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I don't tweet much, although I do have an account for following other people, including Erik.

I think the key will be stokes gained approach.

War Eagle!

Contest is still open, guys! Let’s keep the entrees coming!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Question #1: Greens in regulation will the most important stat for players looking to win the US Open at Torrey Pines. I know the USGA can do crazy things with green speeds, but the greens at Torrey generally aren't too punitive, so I don't imagine there will be a ton of separation there. Keeping the ball out of the thick stuff and hitting accurate approaches will be the key.

• Administrator

Two posts is two entries @Big C.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah I did that, but it merged automatically. I guess I posted my answers too close together. Can one of the mods separate or do you want me to repost my second answer?

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Big C said:

Yeah I did that, but it merged automatically. I guess I posted my answers too close together. Can one of the mods separate or do you want me to repost my second answer?

We can’t split one post.

I edited your first one for you.

Question #2: My dad needs to improve his strokes gained - approach. For a 20 capper, he is pretty good off the tee and his putting and chipping are relatively solid. But for some reason, he really struggles to hit the green after a good drive. From 150 yards out, he might hit a GIR 1-2 times and he sprinkles in the occasional big miss (30 yard pull left) that really shouldn't happen with a short or mid iron. 

1. What stat will be most important for the players looking to win the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines?

in order to be putting for birdies, seems they do better from the fairway so my stat to win is fairways hit, or FIR. But they way some of these gays are hitting out of the rough maybe that stat will prove to be less important as Tim evokes on. 

Just now, iSank said:

1. What stat will be most important for the players looking to win the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines?

in order to be putting for birdies, seems they do better from the fairway so my stat to win is fairways hit, or FIR. But they way some of these gays are hitting out of the rough maybe that stat will prove to be less important as Tim evokes on. 

2. What stat does your father (hey, it's Father's Day soon!) (or child, if you're the father) need the most help with? If you don't have a father who plays golf or a child, answer the question about a friend who is a father or something!

We took my dads clubs out of the garage as kids but seems he never picked it up again. Playing partner biggest obstacle is getting up and down. Is there at stat for that, hitting near green then one chip and one putt. Well my partner would save a lot of strokes if that could be done more often. 

I don’t use social media but thanks for his cool contest. 

Aloha,

iSank

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

On 6/10/2021 at 9:50 AM, iacas said:

What stat does your father (hey, it's Father's Day soon!) (or child, if you're the father) need the most help with? If you don't have a father who plays golf or a child, answer the question about a friend who is a father or something!

Tee to green. My daughter is only 6, so definitely safely advancing the golf ball as close to the hole as she can is important. But also, at this age--FUN.

• Thumbs Up 1

#2.  My son needs to improve SG off the tee.  He gets decent distance for a 17 year old (well 18 in a couple weeks) with an average Mevo carry distance of about 265 with some up to 285. When we play together he tends to lose focus and pulls or hooks his drives. He shot a 78 yesterday at Eagle Sticks on his first time to play the course.  It could have been a couple less if he controlled his driver yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 1

War Eagle!

Second entry; this time for second question.  My father doesn't play and I don't have any children.  My mother's father played when he was alive and well, but that was before I had any interest in the game.  I initially wrote an entry about rounds played in the afterlife (and that'd be the stat: rounds played), but while I meant it as a serious statement, I had trouble phrasing it to not sound like a joke entry.

So here's the entry:  my good friend [name omitted] needs distance.  To some extent, he's the guy mentioned at one point in TST:  he won't hit it that far offline, and when he's within whatever an iron distance for him is, he's probably going to put it on the green, and once he's on the green, he'll likely be down within two putts.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

The contest closes when the last group tees off today. The winner will be announced tomorrow.

Now that the US Open is over, One question for the “Stat Masters”, which stat was actually )or appears to be) the most significant for Rahn’s win?

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator

image.png

On 6/14/2021 at 7:00 PM, Big C said:

Question #1: Greens in regulation will the most important stat for players looking to win the US Open at Torrey Pines. I know the USGA can do crazy things with green speeds, but the greens at Torrey generally aren't too punitive, so I don't imagine there will be a ton of separation there. Keeping the ball out of the thick stuff and hitting accurate approaches will be the key.

The random number generator selected THIS POST as the winner!

@Big C, Colin, please PM me your mailing address so that we can have GAME Golf ship your GAME Golf Pro to you!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Big C congrats

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Note: This thread is 1039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!