IGNORED

2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do not care for Rahm, turning this off

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

1 minute ago, ncates00 said:

Cool to see Phil chatting with Jon’s lady while Jon stays loose. 

It only now dawns on me that Rahm won the Phil Mickelson award in college (update: no he didn't) and went to the same university as Phil (update: am confirming this) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Chris223 said:

Do not care for Rahm, turning this off

Ok? Do it. No one’s stopping you haha

If Rahm holds on for the win, will he be the first Basque major winner?

I am now hearing that Louis laid up to sixty nine yards.  Nice. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

If Rahm holds on for the win, will he be the first Basque major winner?

Se..

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

What a major!  This is easily one of the three best major championship weekends of 2021 so far.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Ok? Do it. No one’s stopping you haha

I did lol.  

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Proud of Louis though.. except for tee shot on 17th he was ice all day. Did not fold like the other 'studs'. 

6 minutes ago, Shindig said:

What a major!  This is easily one of the three best major championship weekends of 2021 so far.

Cannot agree more. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Rahm got his redemption so a great story there too.. 

Vishal S.

At TST we have the no sixes challenge.  I have been thinking periodically and marking when I sometimes see pros with no fives (or worse).  Rahm came close:  his fourth and thirteenth holes were fives, the rest were four or lower. 

Maybe I should gather some examples of pros having all fours and below and make a thread. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Glad to see someone finally step up and take the tournament versus someone just hanging on.  

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Davis doesn't want to mention he was caddying yesterday and is presenting the trophy today?

-- Michael | My swing! 

8 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Why don’t you like Rahm? Not that it matters. Curiosity. 

Just rubbed me the wrong way being a complete hothead douche.  He may have gotten “better” at controlling himself, but I still choose not to care for him.

Just now, Chris223 said:

Just rubbed me the wrong way being a complete hothead douche.  He may have gotten “better” at controlling himself, but I still choose not to care for him.

I get it m, but at least he doesn’t take it out on others. People get hot sometimes when things matter to them. He’s not like EVR or others who throw clubs or hit tee markers—THAT kind of behavior does it for me. 

2 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I get it m, but at least he doesn’t take it out on others. People get hot sometimes when things matter to them. He’s not like EVR or others who throw clubs or hit tee markers—THAT kind of behavior does it for me. 

He threw many a clubs 5-6 years ago and literally blew up on his caddie numerous times on camera.  Thats the Rahm that made me not interested in seeing him win big tournaments.  That’s all.  Just don’t care for him.  I guess we all have our preferences.  I am a huge fan of Jordan but others dislike him and seem to think he’s “whiny”.  

Just now, Chris223 said:

He threw many a clubs 5-6 years ago and literally blew up on his caddie numerous times on camera.

Part of growing up. My hats off to him for growing and being better. We’re too quick to be unforgiving these days. We should recognize when a person makes a change for the better and not hold grudges. 

1 minute ago, Chris223 said:

I am a huge fan of Jordan but others dislike him and seem to think he’s “whiny”.  

I agree with you. I don’t find him whiny. I like him a lot. He’s very respectful and easy to root for. Class act. 

Note: This thread is 1038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!